Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

The New Dunn...

Roy Dotrice (b.1923) is a year older than Bayldon but maybe not as well known but has been working more recently.

Good actor. "Dickens of London" is recommended, though no longer on YouTube.

I'd mention he was a villain in Murder She Wrote, but that seems to come free with the SAG card.

Also well-respected by SF fans for playing the slimy politician Simmonds in Space: 1999.

Trapped in a perspex coffin because the suspended animation didn't work on him.

https://youtu.be/4pQVZ2nikSU?t=2575

He also played a politician in Babylon 5 and his Grandson Peter Woodward played a regular character in the follow up series Crusade (Edward Woodward was a guest star).

Fact check with hindsight. Peter Woodward is not related to Roy Dotrice as he was a son from Edward's previous marriage.

Just found out that Catweazle actor Geoffrey Bayldon is still alive.I assumed he had died years ago.He also played Worzel Gummidge so made a career playing characters older than he was at the time.

Not a well man ...

geffers1.jpg

Thy will (not) be Dunn.

• Like 1

There's been enough Bayldon posts this year for him to have his own thread, nearly. Always a fun actor to see show up in things.

• Like 1

The discussion about David Attenborough makes me think he'd be another good candidate. He has always been there on the television and always seemed like an old guy, even when I was young.

After hearing how chipper he is with the Jackanory anniversary , plus he is 87 on the 29th, how about...

Bernard Cribbins?

Could go for another decade at least.

After hearing how chipper he is with the Jackanory anniversary , plus he is 87 on the 29th, how about...

Bernard Cribbins?

Yes, he must be the oldest star on the CBeebies roster. My sons are big fans of Old Jack's Boat.

Another screen veteran still plying their trade on CBeebies is a hale and hearty looking James Bolam, who plays a man with an ability to rapidly shrink in Grandpa In My Pocket

I thought the BBC post-Savile had attempted to purge itself of such dubious content :

Another screen veteran still plying their trade on CBeebies is a hale and hearty looking James Bolam, who plays a man with an ability to rapidly shrink in Grandpa In My Pocket

End Quote

I thought the BBC post-Savile had attempted to purge itself of such dubious content :

Erm, want to take a look at the post immediately above yours?

Bernard Cribbins?

They need to be, like, 47 but LOOK like they are 87.

That was Dunns 'skill'.

• Like 1

Erm, want to take a look at the post immediately above yours?

I think it's the 'granpa in my pocket' aspect of the previous post he is highlighting ..