Teddy

Clive Dunn

Thought i would stop by and pay my last respects to Clive.... Hope everyone is doing well in the world of Death Lists.. x.

Welcome back Real. Nice to have you drop in.

• Like 1

Thought i would stop by and pay my last respects to Clive.... Hope everyone is doing well in the world of Death Lists.. x.

Welcome back Real. Nice to have you drop in.

Cheers, it's been a while :)

The death of Clive has brought me back after a (too) long absence, to pay my respects.

The word legend is bandied about too easily these days, yet the number of tributes here surely mark the passing of one - a man who headed the inaugral deathlist, and for 25 years nurtured the belief that immortality was a distinct possibility.

When planning Winston Churchills funeral, the army codenamed it Operation Hope Not. I would like to think that most Deartlisters had the same codename for Clive's passing.

There has been mention of retiring the 50 slot in tribute - a much more fitting tribute would be to retire the slot Clive occupied 25 years ago, in the first deathlist - number 1.

• Like 1

Guest Bleakest night

I recall the bleakest night in November of 1986 where I overheard a discussion regarding Cary Grant's passing. I recall hearing that granddad had died and

that it spoiled the lists, apparently. I have been a fool for 25 years!

Dunn's death has certainly given this site a much needed shot in the arm in terms of activity...

• Like 1

Dunn's death has certainly given this site a much needed shot in the arm in terms of activity...

Roll on Thatcher

Roll on Thatcher

Yes, let's strike while the iron lady's hot!

R.I.P Mr Dunn, the death list will never have a member like it ever again.

Respect.

RIP Clive Dunn. Didn't expect to see this for a while yet. I always joked that the DL doubled as the Clive Dunn Appreciation Society, so it's nice to see so many nice tributes to such a legend.

:o hell must've froze over, 'cause the unthinkable has happened. :o;):P

The end of an era...in so many ways.

Bit sad about this one - as much as you can be on the Death List anyway.

In times of crisis be all turn to what we know for that small chance of some calm and solace, so naturally having heard of Sir Clive's death a day late I came to the only place I knew people would understand how I'm feeling.

I know it is sad and deluded, but I really had convinced myself that he was immortal. I say that as a mark of respect that the Deathlist should remain a top 50, with Clive a fixture on it. After all he survived 25 years of the Deathlist unscathed, surely death will not be an insurmountable obstacle for Clive Dunn?

I prefer to think of him not so much as dead, more just no longer alive.

RIP Clive Dunn.

PS Grandad for Christmas Number One, pass it on...

• Like 1

would just like to pay my respects. DL will never be the same again. Although perhaps Ronnie Biggs could take over the mantle?

would just like to pay my respects. DL will never be the same again. Although perhaps Ronnie Biggs could take over the mantle?

Biggs isn't fit to lick Dunn's boots. I know I'm getting old when the immortal start popping off.

R.I.P. Clive Dunn. :hatsoff:

Really should be a DDP tribute video to Dunn, perhaps soundtracked by Enya's "Only Time".

Guest grim up north

RIP Clive Dunn

I suspect like many I only found the Death List originally when, after a boozy discussion in the pub on a Saturday night, I got up bleary eyed on Sunday morning and with a thumping headache googled 'Clive Dunn Dead?' This led me to Death List where I not only discovered he was alive but also all the other many various posts and predictions. Sadly anyone googling the same now will discover different news on his health.

I've read the call for a tribute of some kind which I agree with but I wouldn't drop the list number from 50 I would choose one of these options:-

Option A - The number 50 on the list is renamed 'The Clive Dunn Spot' and goes to the current perennial favourite - (Brucie would be my current choice of someone who seems to have been old forever and yet still appears super fit). The List then sticks with that person as their favourite until they die.

Option B - the number 50 is listed and left blank with the phrase 'In Honour of Clive Dunn' with a link to this thread forever. The 50th name for the year appears as number 51 on list. [Although this will then give a special status to the number 51 pick too??]

Prefer Option A

Whatever it needs to be something - the man was a death list legend.

Hope all fellow posters are well and that all remaining Death List candidates are seriously ill!! :skill2:

Re last post - I'm not a guest - [no I'm not NOT A GUEST!!] - oh shit this is getting confusing. :banghead:

Just posted but didn't realise I wasn't logged on.

Perhaps we should just move into the post-Dunn world without fanfare.

• Like 1

Yeah give Clive Dunn the number 50 jumper this guy was an old man at 19 and just stayed that way could he have died young .

They will be crying out now for the no.50 jumper or dieing.

RIP Clive Dunn

I suspect like many I only found the Death List originally when, after a boozy discussion in the pub on a Saturday night, I got up bleary eyed on Sunday morning and with a thumping headache googled 'Clive Dunn Dead?' This led me to Death List where I not only discovered he was alive but also all the other many various posts and predictions. Sadly anyone googling the same now will discover different news on his health.

I've read the call for a tribute of some kind which I agree with but I wouldn't drop the list number from 50 I would choose one of these options:-

Option A - The number 50 on the list is renamed 'The Clive Dunn Spot' and goes to the current perennial favourite - (Brucie would be my current choice of someone who seems to have been old forever and yet still appears super fit). The List then sticks with that person as their favourite until they die.

Option B - the number 50 is listed and left blank with the phrase 'In Honour of Clive Dunn' with a link to this thread forever. The 50th name for the year appears as number 51 on list. [Although this will then give a special status to the number 51 pick too??]

Prefer Option A

Whatever it needs to be something - the man was a death list legend.

Hope all fellow posters are well and that all remaining Death List candidates are seriously ill!! :skill2:

Thiis.

The only other alternative is to stop the Deathlist, so the two of them are always together in memory.... :(

Roll on Thatcher

That might work if Adele did it.

• Like 1

If you want a replacement for Clive I would suggest Warren Mitchell a versatile comedy actor who is best known for playing a much older character.

Warren Mitchell....not a bad choice. I'd have suggested Kirk Douglas...as he should have departed about 16 years ago...but somehow has held on. At 95 years of age though, I fear he's not got long left.