maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

Loalwa Braz, who provided the vocals for Kaoma's late 80s global chart smash/wedding reception irritant "Lambada" has been found dead inside a burned out car in her native Brazil. She was 63.

Loalwa Braz, who provided the vocals for Kaoma's late 80s global chart smash/wedding reception irritant "Lambada" has been found dead inside a burned out car in her native Brazil. She was 63.

Can say I've never heard of the song or band or singer, and maybe that's for the best; however this clearly says she was murdered.

SC

http://m.hindustantimes.com/music/loalwa-braz-singer-of-international-hit-la-lambada-found-murdered/story-niA7pgcsv0btFwCZqHLQjN.html

Well, Americans probably don't know the song, but here in Europe it was a big summer hit and topped the charts in many countries like other songs of the same king like Soca Dance, Macarena, the Ketchup Song,...

Well, Americans probably don't know the song, but here in Europe it was a big summer hit and topped the charts in many countries like other songs of the same king like Soca Dance, Macarena, the Ketchup Song,...

Yes I gave it an ear and I suspected it had the clout of Macarena over here in the States.

SC

Maggie Roche

Folk Singer-songwriter who has been performing since the 70's with her sisters as The Roches, dead at age 65 after a long battle with Breast Cancer.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA-U5H4VoX8

Hammond Song from the trio's debut album is such a lovely track

Maggie Roche

Folk Singer-songwriter who has been performing since the 70's with her sisters as The Roches, dead at age 65 after a long battle with Breast Cancer.

I posted about 8 hours prior in Old Folkies. I guess the third and fourth words of your posts didn't tip you off.

SC

Maggie Roche

I posted about 8 hours prior in Old Folkies. I guess the third and fourth words of your posts didn't tip you off.

SC

FB and the Wiki are both marking this as the end of the band too (they'd been sporadically active at best for 20 years).

Pete Overend Watts, bass guitarist and founding member of Mott the Hoople, has reportedly died according to various reports on Twitter and Facebook.

If that's true, then it would be the first big music death of 2017.

Pete Overend Watts, bass guitarist and founding member of Mott the Hoople, has reportedly died according to various reports on Twitter and Facebook.

All this is part of the long-awaited for and to some, the long hoped for, Baby Boomer die-off!

Mixed feelings mind, I want the three surviving Black Sabs who still tour under that name to live at least nine more days so I can see them

All this is part of the long-awaited for and to some, the long hoped for, Baby Boomer die-off!

Mixed feelings mind, I want the three surviving Black Sabs who still tour under that name to live at least nine more days so I can see them

"All rock-and-rollers over the age of 50 look stupid and should retire." –Grace Slick

• Like 1

Ba ba ba ba dang dang dang ding a dong ding...

Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuue maaaaaaaaaaaaan.

• Like 3

Björn Thelin, bassist in the Swedish band The Spotnicks, has died aged 74.

Ah, The Spotniks - employers of Jimmy Nicol when the ex-Beatles drummer couldn't get arrested in his own country

Adam Ant's FB page says guitarist Tom Edwards found dead.

"TOM EDWARDS, GUITARIST AND MUSICAL DIRECTOR FOR ADAM ANT, PASSES AWAY
(CHERRY HILL, NJ) January 26, 2017 … Tom Edwards, 41, guitarist and MD for Adam Ant, passed away yesterday from suspected heart failure at Kennedy Hospital in Cherry Hill, NJ. Tom was on tour with the band as part of the North American Kings of the Wild Frontier tour that began two nights ago in Washington DC. He was found unresponsive then rushed to the hospital where he passed away yesterday in the late ...afternoon."

SC

https://www.facebook.com/antmusicofficial/?fref=nf

Re Can losing their drummer - the entire Freakier Zone on Six Music at midnight was given over to a megamix of Can; awesome

Bobby Freeman, an American singer whose #5 hit 'Do You Wanna Dance' went on to be covered by The Beach Boys, Bette Midler and Cliff Richard, has reportedly died aged 76.