themaninblack

Death Anniversary Thread

Jeffrey Miller, arguably the most famous corpse of the 20th century, died today in 1970 aged 20.

I'm arguing, because I'd never seen that photo before, and had never heard of this incident.

When you say "most famous corpse", do you mean where there's been a photo of said corpse in the public domain? Either way, I'd say JFK is way more famous.

Miller was dead.....jfk was debatable as to point of expiry......

Edit... plenty more famous when you have a think....esp if famous only for bring a corpse.

• Like 1

Miller was dead.....jfk was debatable as to point of expiry......

I don't think there's any doubt that he was dead in these pics.

Jeffrey Miller, arguably the most famous corpse of the 20th century, died today in 1970 aged 20.

I'm arguing, because I'd never seen that photo before, and had never heard of this incident.

When you say "most famous corpse", do you mean where there's been a photo of said corpse in the public domain? Either way, I'd say JFK is way more famous.

Well, Miller is famous for being a corpse and nothing else. Because otherwise there's photos of dead Elvis, dead Tupac, dead every single assassination victim in the public domain as well. What are the other famous corpses? That Iraqi soldier who got burnt out in Gulf War One? The dead soldier they planted the fake D-Day landing documents on in WWII?

Well, Miller is famous for being a corpse and nothing else. Because otherwise there's photos of dead Elvis, dead Tupac, dead every single assassination victim in the public domain as well. What are the other famous corpses? That Iraqi soldier who got burnt out in Gulf War One? The dead soldier they planted the fake D-Day landing documents on in WWII?

Well there's Julia Pastrana and the Taman Shud case.

Irmtraud Morgner, East German, feminist and magical realist writer (and subject of my MA dissertation) died 23 years ago today. By an odd coincidence my deadline dissertation date was the anniversary of her death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irmtraud_Morgner

19 years ago George Peppard died at age 65.

George_Peppard.jpg

Sci-Fi writer Robert Heinlein, known for" Stranger in a Strange land, died 25 years ago today at the age of 80.

05rah.jpg

On the 9th of May 1976, German journalist Ulrike Meinhof committed suicide in her prison cell where she was detained since June 1972.

She was a founding member of the RAF (Rote Armee Fraktion, not Royal Air Force!!), a German left-wing militant group. The RAF described itself as a communist and anti-imperialist urban guerilla group engaged in armed resistance against what they deemed to be a fascist state.

5552788_8967470628_m.jpeg

Hollywood icon Joan Crawford, born as Lucille Fay LeSueur, died in 1977 aged 72 or 73.

1945-joan-crawford_2149643i.jpg

Three days after his 54th birthday, Lex Barker died of a heart attack while walking down the street in New York on May 11, 1973.

Happy 40th Anniversary!

00564172_jbh.jpg

Triple Oscar winner Gary Cooper died 6 days after his 60th birthday in 1960.

Oh. This is my 60th post, haha!

200px-Gary_cooper_promo_image.jpg

The great Frank Sinatra died 15 years ago today

ZOBpenN.jpg

Country music star June Carter Cash, who was also the wife of Johnny Cash, died 10 years ago today at the age of 73.

JohnnyCashJuneCarterCash1969.jpg

Keeping to my usual Scottish football theme that I always seem to take on these boards

Tommy Burns died of skin cancer in 2008 aged 51

100_3000.jpg

First anniversary for Donna Summer. Still so sad...

20130515-donna-x600-1368646547.jpg

Jacqueline Kennedy, the wife of John F. Kennedy, died on this day in 1994.

jacqueline-kennedy-onassis-jacqueline-kennedy-onassis-28396557-197-225.jpg

...And 3 days later came Robin Gibb's death in 2012.

robin+gibb+bee+gees.jpg

• Like 1

...And 3 days later came Robin Gibb's death in 2012.

robin+gibb+bee+gees.jpg

In 1979 Donna Summer and the Bee Gees had back-to-back-to-back No.1s in the US:

02.06.79: Donna Summer hit the No.1 with Hot Stuff for one week.

09.06.79: The Bee Gees knocked her off with Love You Inside Out also for one week.

16.06.79: Donna Summer returned to the top with Hot Stuff for another two weeks.

Two disco superheroes within three days... nothing left to say but TRAGEDY :angel:

In 1979 Donna Summer and the Bee Gees had back-to-back-to-back No.1s in the US:

02.06.79: Donna Summer hit the No.1 with Hot Stuff for one week.

09.06.79: The Bee Gees knocked her off with Love You Inside Out also for one week.

16.06.79: Donna Summer returned to the top with Hot Stuff for another two weeks.

Two disco superheroes within three days... nothing left to say but TRAGEDY :angel:

I'm tempted to ask: Could it be magic?

regards,

Hein

17th Anniversary of the death of Jon Pertwee

Third_Doctor.jpg

Klaus Mann, one of my favorite German writers, committed suicide on May 21, 1949 aged 42.

His father was Thomas Mann, winner of the 1929 Nobel Prize in literature. Klaus never came out of his father’s shadow. His complete work got more positive recognitions when he was dead for nearly 30 years.

2942_gallery_big.jpg

The one and only Dame Margaret Rutherford passed away on May 22, 1972, 11 days after her 80th birthday.

Dame-Margaret-Rutherford-9468041-1-402.jpg

Danish silent film actress Asta Nielsen, one of the most popular leading ladies of the 1910s, died on May 24 (or 25) in 1972, aged 90.

Asta-Nielsen-de855.jpg

• Like 1