JR976evil

Journalists

Derek Jameson just died...

Shame!

By a weird coincidence, apropos of nothing I thought about him only yesterday!

Shame!

Holy shit!!! You killed him by thought?

Shame!

Holy shit!!! You killed him by thought?

It was a joint effort. I was talking to my dad about him a few days ago, I can't remember what it was about though, all I remember was my dad saying "Derek Jameson. Is he still alive?"

I have to admit, I always thought that Jameson looked like he was on the verge of having a heart attack each time he would start speaking.

Derek Jameson just died.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-19577465

This is the man that launched the Daily Star. It is a pity he couldn't take it with him.

When he appeared on his show "Do they mean us?" I didn't understand why he was famous but I was about 12 then and Newspaper editors were less in the public eye.

Former Express columnist Peter Tory has died aged 73. I seem to remember a saying about a good Tory....

Coincidentally, he was also one of the contributors to the William Hickey column.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ingham-20079460

BBC Coventry & Warwickshire journo Russell Joslin - tried to get himself runover by a bus on Friday, re-submitted to a phsyciatric ward on Sunday - topped himself on Monday.

In a bizarre twist, he topped himself as the Beeb didn't take his claims of sexual harrassment seriously. The offending party is none other than Liz Kershaw!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2227482/Suicide-BBC-reporter-said-ex-Radio-1-DJ-Liz-Kershaw-threatened-aggressive-phone-calls.html

According to reports, one of the phone messages sent to Mr Joslin said: ‘Thanks for abandoning me. Don’t ever ever think of me as your mate again. Do what you have to at the BBC cause you are a loser on 27 grand a year. But don’t ever encroach on me or my talent.’

Another message said: ‘You are flaky, you are poor, you are weak. I don’t want anything to do with you except on the radio. Goodbye.’

A third said: ‘Don’t ever, ever presume friendship with me again, all right? Goodbye.’

I can't make head nor tail of any of this. I've said worse than that to people many a time when I felt I had cause to. None of them topped themselves. What is the world coming to, really sometimes I feel genuine despair. :unsure:

Wonder if Liz should be classed as a possible like her brother, if she has any remorse? Remember he had his 'difficulties' on the Isle of Man a few years ago.

Maybe we should have a Kershaw thread.

Jackie Bird rushed to hospital for emergency surgery, twisted bowel syndrome. Wasn't this what happened to Mr Gibb? (Can't remember what one though)

Prolific NBC field reporter Richard Engle, currently reporting from Syria, has been missing since Thursday. NBC is currently asking for a media blackout regarding his status.

http://gawker.com/5969029/richard-engel-is-missing-in-syria-nbc-news-enforces-news-blackout

He and his team have been released by their captors. Rejoice! http://nbcnews.to/ZfbbqZ

Sad news about William Rees-Mogg. Yet another person I've worked with now dead (ooh, now there's an idea for a theme team). Lovely, calming voice, frighteningly intelligent and thoughtful, interviewed Mick Jagger when Jagger was pure sex on legs and had had numerous dinner parties with The Pope (JP2) in attendance.

BBC news reporter Helen Fawkes, 40, is suffering from an aggressive form of ovarian cancer, which was caught in the early stages. She thinks her chances of survival are 50/50.

Helen Fawkes has announced that her cancer is incurable.

That's sad news. I've been following her blog for a while now. The ups and downs of her cancer treatment have been fascinating.

Guest American Sports Fan

Pulitzer Prize winning columnist/editor Eugene Patterson, best known for his work during the American Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s, is gone at 89.