Death Watch Beatle

Stephen Hawking

Biggest religious death of the year followed by the biggest scientist death of the year (or decade, or century?).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

If legends die in 3 some big names should be worried with Hawking and Craig Mack dead within 48 hours of each other

Damn...

My reason for including him in my personal list was "because he should have died decades ago", but honestly I didn't really think he would die this year. He was just one of those people who seemed to keep ticking on. Great mind. RIP.

• Like 2

And to die on International Pi Day... what are the odds...365.25 :1

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

R.I.P Hawking a great man. I agree with John Key and I know I had in some lists but ill have to check later.

Maybe the biggest scientific genius since Einstein.The world cannot afford to lose such a brilliant mind.Still we  had him in the world far longer than he was meant to be 

• Like 2

Like Isaac Newton he may be a potential candidate for a state funeral although if asked his family may decline due to his atheism.

Boy ran out of battery. Kinda fitting for him to buy it on pi day.

Tits, bugger and shit! Can't believe I was stupid enough to miss him off my list.

Oh, and rest in peace too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Tits, bugger and shit! Can't believe I was stupid enough to miss him off my list.

I just checked out your profile to see if you had put Stephen Hawking on your list, I noticed we were three for three so far. Finally got ya! :) 

15 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I missed him too. 

Dying at the age of 76 is not a tragedy. Having to suffer for so long is. I hope that the certainty of knowing that he was a living legend helped him endure his cruel fate a little easier.

• Like 1

Despite being so ill he kind of seemed like he was  semi immortal. A super brilliant mind and contribution to humanity. 

A truly big name. Very sad news. :(

• Like 2

Has anyone checked for like a giant hole opening up in the space time continuum?? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Damn. I thought he was one of the lower quality picks. Just goes to show random deaths outweigh the certs.

Anyways, on a personal note, Dr. Hawking was an inspiration for me, and I will be forever grateful for his work and courage. Thank you Dr. Hawking.

You can call it a "random death", but it was not unexpected. It's a small miracle that he could live a near-normal lifespan with a severe form of motor neurone disease (that he had for 50 years), and had numerous (serious) health scares (mainly bouts of pneumonia) since 1985.

(But it was certainly a "big death", R.I.P.)

3 hours ago, stonecold said:

And to die on International Pi Day... what are the odds...365.25 :1

I was going to say if you were committed you should have put all 2 quadrillion digits but then noticed it's not even right!

3141.59/1

Bloody shitty bookies always trying to short change the punters

Quite sad. As far as I know, he was slightly overrated as a scientist (not quite deserving that god-like status), but immensely important in popularizing science (black holes, string theory). As a cultural icon on one level with Muhammad Ali or Madonna.

• Like 2

Inspired many to get into science and also one of the most recognisable voices on the plant. RIP