Sign in to follow this  
Grim Reaper

Claude Levi-Strauss

I note that Prof Claude Levi-Strauss is celebrating his 95th birthday today.

He was on the 2002 list but I think he deserves another chance for 2004. In all the years of Deathlist we've never successfully picked an anthropologist so I reckon its about time we got one!

Oh and hes French too - so thats a bonus! B)

Guest Theo

Sandwiched inbetween that lot? He has to be soon

Guest Guest

No, he´s not

Guest Gorilla

Lets not forget he was also a great philosopher!

:lol:

Guest Guest

Levi-Strauss is the great thinker alive.

Levi-Strauss is the great thinker alive.

Here's another great thinker alive, Martha.

Not a hell of a many members in that club but crickey, you wanna see the parties... ;)

Guest David

Well, I wish he would live one hundred more years and that all of you woulld have the intelligence to read his wonderful books. The problem with most of you is that you consider knowledge as a hobby for the freaks...When the time of your death will come, you may finally understand that you knew nothing, that you totally wasted your lifes, unlike this great thinker who was humble enough to gather wisdom from the common man.

Consequently, I wait with great impatience to YOUR deaths, all of you, may it be swift and soon, you miserable dorks

Consequently, I wait with great impatience to YOUR deaths, all of you, may it be swift and soon..

That's a new one. We're usually wished long, slow, painful deaths.

Swift demises, and moderators being accused of being childish is all too much change for me. It's not the forum I once knew and loved.

The problem with most of you is that you consider knowledge as a hobby for the freaks...

I suppose that makes me one of the freaks, then. Thank you, I'll wear the appellation as a badge of honour

When the time of your death will come, you may finally understand that you knew nothing, that you totally wasted your lifes, unlike this great thinker who was humble enough to gather wisdom from the common man.

I can't say I've read much by Levi-Straus, but I'm sure that he, at the end of his life, is fully aware of the fact that he still knows next to nothing. This in contrast to some self-appointed do-gooders who think they know it all and make themselves ridiculous by writing stupidities like:

Consequently, I wait with great impatience to YOUR deaths, all of you, may it be swift and soon, you miserable dorks

Happy waiting,

Hein

Well, I wish he would live one hundred more years and that all of you woulld have the intelligence to read his wonderful books. The problem with most of you is that you consider knowledge as a hobby for the freaks...When the time of your death will come, you may finally understand that you knew nothing, that you totally wasted your lifes, unlike this great thinker who was humble enough to gather wisdom from the common man.

What makes you think we haven't read his wonderful books?

In fact, I reckon that as a structural anthropologist, ol' Claude would probably love this site, if he doesn't already. Besides, I don't think he's published anything since '95, so unless he's cosseted away researching something new and exciting, what good will another hundred years do?

Your argument does not hold any weight. The author of a book does not have to be alive for one to read and enjoy his or her books. Many people enjoy reading books written by Charles Dickens and Ernest Hemingway, even though they have been dead for many years.

David, you are the person who is miserable, not us. You are the only one that is complaining. For future rants, please post here.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to use my 100th post to send Claude my best, and to thank him in advance for his expected support in the next few months.

YOU'RE A SUPAHSTAH!!

Guest JAMES LEE

CLAUDE LÉVI-STRAUSS HAVE A HEALTH WEAK. HIS LIFE IS NEAR OF END.

[shouting considered to be quite amusing in this case- Boudicca]

Guest Richard
CLAUDE LÉVI-STRAUSS HAVE A HEALTH WEAK. HIS LIFE IS NEAR OF END.

Levi-Strauss is a great belgian-born thinker. But the structuralism is a theory very restrict.

Claude Lévi-Straus is near of death? Perhaps.

Well well James and Richard, twins are we, or maybe brothers using the same computer?

Hmm Claude Levi Strauss..

What do you scence oh great one.... :wub:

;)

;)

I'm still pondering on the facts of his future. :D

;)

I'm still pondering on the facts of his future. :D

Well please just internalise the pondering would you? What if we were to all suddenly post our internal dialogues?