harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

Golf: The 19th Hole

Apparently Tiger is returning to his sex addiction therapy clinic after speaking sort of publically later today.

I woke up this morning and went to the TV Guide channel so I could find out what time it was. Somehow I came across Tiger Woods reading a written apology. It sounded very rehearsed, very artificial. I'm not saying that it wasn't his voice, but it's as if he hired somebody to write it with him.

.......and what has his "Sex addiction" got to do with you, or me or anybody else outside of his family and sponsors?

He knocks a ball around a course, does it better than 99% of all other Golfers and earns a fortune doing it.

The end.

• Like 1

Apparently Tiger is returning to his sex addiction therapy clinic after speaking sort of publically later today.

I woke up this morning and went to the TV Guide channel so I could find out what time it was. Somehow I came across Tiger Woods reading a written apology. It sounded very rehearsed, very artificial. I'm not saying that it wasn't his voice, but it's as if he hired somebody to write it with him.

.......and what has his "Sex addiction" got to do with you, or me or anybody else outside of his family and sponsors?

He knocks a ball around a course, does it better than 99% of all other Golfers and earns a fortune doing it.

The end.

Sex addiction my arse. Letchy shagabout more like. He's not sorry for what he did, he's sorry for getting caught.

Sex addiction my arse. Letchy shagabout more like. He's not sorry for what he did, he's sorry for getting caught.

That's true for all, or at least most, people who express regret for some wrong they did.

I'm rather surprised about all this brouhaha. He's doing what most men dream of doing if they had his fortune.

regards,

Hein

That's true for all, or at least most, people who express regret for some wrong they did.

I'm rather surprised about all this brouhaha. He's doing what most men dream of doing if they had his fortune.

regards,

Hein

There wu int be no innarest if it aint a nigga done fuckin a bunch a honky byatches.

I'd agree to the extent that if Tiger's wife looked more like his mother than Grace Kelly, the prurient interest level factor in this story would drop dramatically.

I make posts on DL at quarter to 3 because I can't sleep at night.

The act of resistance is taken to prevent imaginary things from happening; let's say addiction for example.

It's also about maintaining a wholesome image, right? I'll never be a fan of that word, it's all lies. Anyway, it brings me to Tiger Woods. In my eyes he owes one apology to his wife and .. and that's it. Come on now, save it Tiger. Sadly, human beings cannot tell the difference between access and addiction.

Erica Blasberg

US LPGA player has been found dead at the age of 25. She was considered one of the game's "pin-up girls".

Mason Rudolph

The US golfer has died aged 76. Pretty handy in his day, he was a member of the US Ryder Cup team in 1971. He finished 4th in the 1965 US Masters.

Sorry, don't understand why the background to the NI flag you posted is yellow? Never known it anything other than white.

And just to complete the picture, RA, the "wee lil fecker" is a Protestant.

Probably not quite as explosive a sports winner as Eddie Irvine who once stood on an F1 podium whilst the Irish tricolour was hoisted behind him, a fault of the race organisers, not Eddie, but it played badly where he came from!

And just to complete the picture, RA, the "wee lil fecker" is a Protestant.

Probably not quite as explosive a sports winner as Eddie Irvine who once stood on an F1 podium whilst the Irish tricolour was hoisted behind him, a fault of the race organisers, not Eddie, but it played badly where he came from!

Actually he's a Catholic. An Ulster rugby-supporting one who'd rather play Olympic golf for GB&NI than the Republic, but one who was far too savvy to have anything to do with either the Tricolour or the Union Flag after his win. I don't think we'll be seeing any misplaced words or gestures from this quarter.

Awaiting link, but former BBC Golf commentator Alex Hay has reportedly died.

What is the best type of iron for golf?

A Norn Iron!

:angel5:

What a bender Darren Clarke has been on - think he may need to go to his local branch of AA if he downs any more of that black stuff.

Australian golfer Jarrod Lyle is suffering from a recurrance of acute myloid leukaemia.

The upcoming Open Championship and the announcement of Seve's long overdue retirement led me to wonder what old golfers are still out on the course but trudging towards the great clubhouse in the sky. The DL has a half decent record with golfers in past years (Gene Sarazen, Sam Snead, Byron Nelson) and while most of the game's legends are either gone or not old enough (Nicklaus, Palmer, Player), there are currently, to the best of my knowledge, just 7 men who have won a Major still alive at 80+. No idea how their health is, but step forward:

Tommy Bolt, 89

Kel Nagle, 86

Doug Ford, 85

Jack Fleck, 85

Jack Burke, 84

Roberto de Vicenzo, 84

Bob Rosberg, 80

None would be famous enough for the DL, but might be a consideration for other pools.

Now now, don't all run at once to get involved in such a blockbuster of a thread...

I was watching the pre-Masters par-3 tournament today. Tommy and Bob (and Seve, of course) are dead, Kel, Roberto, Doug and Jack B were no-shows, but Nicklaus, Palmer and Player were creaking along together in a 3-ball and 90-year-old Jack Fleck almost got a hole-in-one.

Meanwhile, down on the Algarve, Clive Dunn shot a level par 72 in the monthly medal. I would imagine.

Golfer J.L Lewis, 51, has been diagnosed with "a serious form of bone marrow cancer".

• Like 1