- - - - -

Lord Lucan - The Big Question Aged 71 (if not dead & done)

47 replies to this topic

Poll: Is Lord Lucan Dead?

Is Lord Lucan Dead?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,388 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:03 PM

Mr Ball believes Lucan mistook the nanny for his wife.

So detective Sidney Ball is undoubtedly a genius with the above deduction. Smacks more of a television cash in than a genuine find. S'cuse me for being cynical but old soldiers losing it on a large scale aren't exactly thin on the ground and many a man Lucan's age could talk posh. I'd love it to be him, mind.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#22 Dr Hackenslash

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:06 PM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Aug 9 2007, 12:03 AM, said:

Mr Ball believes Lucan mistook the nanny for his wife.

So detective Sidney Ball is undoubtedly a genius with the above deduction. Smacks more of a television cash in than a genuine find. S'cuse me for being cynical but old soldiers losing it on a large scale aren't exactly thin on the ground and many a man Lucan's age could talk posh. I'd love it to be him, mind.

Would be one heck of a story if he came back.

Shame he was fed to John Aspinall's lions, really...

#23 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,388 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:23 PM

One reason you wouldn't feed human meat to those lions is the very real danger they'd get a taste for it. Despite the attrition rate amongst his lion keepers - marked by a memorial to a couple chomped to death in Howletts Zoo near Canterbury - the truth is Aspinall's lions enjoyed one to one contact with humans, including big mad John himself, for years after 1974. So they probably didn't eat Lucan. The dead keepers at Canterbury weren't killed until well after Lucan's disappearance. I think it's a great story about disposing of a body, but bloody unlikely.

I'm still with his rich friends helping him, Graham Hill revving up the plane and the man being spirited away.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#24 Gunjaman5000

Assassin

• Members
  • 963 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:47 AM

Sadly, the irrefutable has been refuted. Mad as a hatter, ten years too young and five inches too short, I like the sound of the guy all the same...

tvnz.co.nz, on August 09 2007, said:

Buchanan (Marton's mayor) says he has had run-ins with the man, who once swerved on his motorbike and tried to kick him as he was crossing the street.

They burned the mother down.

#25 Saint Peter

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:17 AM

Seemingly alive and well in New Zealand or maybe not :rolleyes:

Amazing
All frogs croak...............eventually!!

#26 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,388 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:45 AM

His son declared him dead almost ten years ago, referring to 'his own enquiries' which may mean that a few friends who knew the truth all along were aware that the man had died and told young Bingham as much. Interestingly, his son doesn't say Lucan probably died in 1974.
Posted Image

#27 Dr Hackenslash

Assassin

• Members
  • 818 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:33 PM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Aug 9 2007, 12:23 AM, said:

One reason you wouldn't feed human meat to those lions is the very real danger they'd get a taste for it. Despite the attrition rate amongst his lion keepers - marked by a memorial to a couple chomped to death in Howletts Zoo near Canterbury - the truth is Aspinall's lions enjoyed one to one contact with humans, including big mad John himself, for years after 1974. So they probably didn't eat Lucan. The dead keepers at Canterbury weren't killed until well after Lucan's disappearance. I think it's a great story about disposing of a body, but bloody unlikely.

I'm still with his rich friends helping him, Graham Hill revving up the plane and the man being spirited away.

Yeah, I doubt the Howletts claims - but a few hacks who were around when Lucan vanished were sent thee to camp and wait for Lucan to arrive. He never did. But even they are still 50/50 to whether he is alive or dead.

I like to think he became Lib Dem MP John Thurso (first hereditary peer to win a seat in the Commons after the Lords were shaken up).

Posted Image

Whaddaya thunk?

#28 MadMac

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:45 PM

Someone is probably still Lucan for him..... :rip:

#29 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,388 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

A bit more on his escape from what appears to be a reputable source, his kids - apparently - went on holiday to Africa so he could see them. Not that they knew that was the reason.

http://www.guardian....ret-life-africa
Posted Image

#30 sympathyforthedevil

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

View PostDr Hackenslash, on 09 August 2007 - 06:33 PM, said:

I like to think he became Lib Dem MP John Thurso (first hereditary peer to win a seat in the Commons after the Lords were shaken up).

Posted Image

Whaddaya thunk?

I think we all know he became Freddy Mercury.

"Killer Queen", their breakthrough hit, was No 2 in the charts when Lucan disappeared.

Nuff said. :P

#31 IKYWN

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:01 PM

I don't think he was dead at the time, but he probably is now. There used to be a retired copper living opposite me. He was the guy who found Lucan's car in Newhaven. A few years ago he was interviewed on a documentary. He dies a couple of years back, so I suppose he was a very minor celebrity himself
"What's the spade for Pa?"
"It's a good ol' fashioned gravediggin' son"

#32 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,388 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

The least convincing part of the Inside Out report this week was "Jill's" assertion that Lucan died years ago. She claimed there was a clue in John Aspinall's final press interview in 2000, though it wasn't made entirely clear what this clue was. Also "Jill's" explanations on why she'd waited so long to go public and whether she had a conscience about concealing information on a wanted murderer weren't exactly probed. She did, however, say Aspinall was in a position to vouch for Lucan's guilt. Lucan's 77 if he's still alive.

http://www.dailymail...hy-friends.html
Posted Image

#33 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,388 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

Newspapers and online sources reporting his watch has turned up. Bought by a UK dealer who - apparently - knows a thing or two about watches, but - apparently - sourced from a pawnbrokers in Africa.
Posted Image

#34 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,388 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

Today's Daily Mirror includes a confession from Lucan's brother that the man fled to Africa.

Here's my suspicion for what it's worth:

A close coterie were in on this all along and some of those talking in the last ten days still know more than they're claiming. Their current chattering is intended to throw journos and the police onto the scent. They'd only be doing this because they know the man died recently and those most likely to face prosecution for involvement in helping a murderer escape justice (like John Aspinall, Robert Sangster, James Goldsmith and - allegedly - Graham Hill) are dead.

If that's the case then some respect is probably due to the lot who managed to keep the secret so well for over 37 years.
Posted Image

#35 philheybrookbay

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

I have to say Maryport that your post above does make sense- so somewhere in Africa the Lord perhaps expired within the last few weeks? So if thats the case was Namibia the place the Met should have looked?

Its interesting to bear in mind that Namibia was under South Africa control until independence in 1990- which possibly means "The Lord" was going between Namibia/South Africa during the period 1974-1990?

Even now it's all very interesting and confusing!

#36 Handrejka

Manx Minx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

One of the odder theories I've heard is that he plastic surgery and became Col Gadaffi! If Maryport reckons that whoever Lucan was died recently maybe it's not that a crackpot of a theory
2013 Alternative 50 final total 13/50 against DL 13/50 - See about me page for more details.

2014 Alternative 50 in no order (11/50)
1. Jeremy Thorpe 2. Rev Billy Graham 3. Wojiech Jaruzelski 4. Stephen Hawking 5. Ron Moody 6. Jimmy Hill 7. Dora Bryan 8. John Freeman 9. Clive James 10. Fidel Castro
11. Gene Reynolds 12. Stuart Hall 13. Guenther Grass 14. Kirk Douglas 15. Oswald Morris 16. George Blake 17. Valerie Harper 18. Peter Sallis 19.Sugar Pie deSanto 20. Dannie Abse
21. Brian Cant 22. Siegfried Lenz 23.Tim O'Connor 24. Tamara Press 25. Ariel Sharon 26. Jacques Rivette 27. Fenella Fielding 28.James Alexander Gordon 29. John Noakes
30. Klaus Rainer Rohl 31. Helmut Kohl 32. Nexhmije Hoxha 33 Richard Kiel 34 Walter Scheel 35. Hywel Bennett 36. Lynne Reid Banks 37. Gretel Bergman 38.Irving Kanarek
39. John Stride 40Hiroo Onodo 41. Christopher Wenner 42. Clare Torry 43. William Barrington- Coupe 44. Keith Michell. 45 Johnny Hallyday 45. Yvonne Furneaux 47. Jean Alexander
48. Casey Kasem 49. Michael Schumacher 50. Marcia Barrett

"Wehat shall we do with the wisswass tdonkleys?" "Throw them in the turwetts til they've diwed."

#37 the_engineer

The Alpha & The Omega

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:32 AM

dead as a dodo.
I don't believe in coincidences

Basketball was invented in 1987 by konami.

A Man who never eats pork buns is never a whole man .

genesis 22 16 - 18

DDP 2014 - Sovereign-Reaper

wilko johnsonPosted Image , joost van der westhuizen ,George h.w bush , sam simon , valerie harper , Kate Granger , Katherine Crowe, wojcech jaruzelski ,Sally Farmiloe , Clive James , Billy Graham , Tony Benn , Zsa Zsa Gabor , Vera lynn , Kirk Douglas , Saif Gaddafi , Superstar Billy Graham ,Stuart Hall , Fats Domino ,Isabel Peron.

Hartlepool Deadlypool 2014

Billy Graham
Wojcech Jaruzelski
Wilko Johnson
Sam Simon
Joost Van Der Westhuizen
Valerie Harper
Kate Granger

Sally Farmiloe
Katherine Crowe
Clive James

subs 1) George H.W Bush 2) Rolf Harris

#38 the_engineer

The Alpha & The Omega

• Members
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:35 AM

View PostHandrejka, on 25 February 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

One of the odder theories I've heard is that he plastic surgery and became Col Gadaffi! If Maryport reckons that whoever Lucan was died recently maybe it's not that a crackpot of a theory

wow if that was true what a movie that would make . Gaddafi's face always did look a bit botox ridden .
I don't believe in coincidences

Basketball was invented in 1987 by konami.

A Man who never eats pork buns is never a whole man .

genesis 22 16 - 18

DDP 2014 - Sovereign-Reaper

wilko johnsonPosted Image , joost van der westhuizen ,George h.w bush , sam simon , valerie harper , Kate Granger , Katherine Crowe, wojcech jaruzelski ,Sally Farmiloe , Clive James , Billy Graham , Tony Benn , Zsa Zsa Gabor , Vera lynn , Kirk Douglas , Saif Gaddafi , Superstar Billy Graham ,Stuart Hall , Fats Domino ,Isabel Peron.

Hartlepool Deadlypool 2014

Billy Graham
Wojcech Jaruzelski
Wilko Johnson
Sam Simon
Joost Van Der Westhuizen
Valerie Harper
Kate Granger

Sally Farmiloe
Katherine Crowe
Clive James

subs 1) George H.W Bush 2) Rolf Harris

#39 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,388 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

Once he's proven dead the biopic (which will make his surviving descendents wealthy(ier) is a nailed-on cert.
Posted Image

#40 Toast

Sanctuary Seller

• Members
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

Mmmm. Who do we think should portray him?
DDP teams:
If I'm Spared Myself, Of Course
Toast of the Turf
Nearer My God To Thee

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users