The Yeti

Irate Visitors Rage Here, If You Must.

Guest Guest

Hi.Don't know if this is the right place to post this but I've JUST RECEIVED SOME BAD NEWS FROM MY DOCTOR WHBICH I FEEL THE NEED TO SHARE.i DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT MEANS but I have been informed today that I have stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Does anyone here know what that means and what my chances are? The doctor seemed gloomy but surely there h as to be m ore hope.Can someone please enlighten me???????????

Apologies but I'm all over the place right now

In plain speak, if you're a golf fan, enjoy the Open, but don't line a trip up to Augusta...

Hi.Don't know if this is the right place to post this but I've JUST RECEIVED SOME BAD NEWS FROM MY DOCTOR WHBICH I FEEL THE NEED TO SHARE.i DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT MEANS but I have been informed today that I have stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Does anyone here know what that means and what my chances are? The doctor seemed gloomy but surely there h as to be m ore hope.Can someone please enlighten me???????????

My first question to you would be - are you famous enough to get an obit? If so, please do two things - one, PM me your name, and two, hang on in there until 01/01/16.

• Like 2

Google is your friend.....

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=stage+4+pancreatic+cancer

In plain speak, if you're a golf fan, enjoy the Open, but don't line a trip up to Augusta...

The Open isn't until June or July or something, The Masters is the first major of the season. One would think you'd have a greater understanding of Scotland's most physically rigorous pastime.

The Open isn't until June or July or something, The Masters is the first major of the season. One would think you'd have a greater understanding of Scotland's most physically rigorous pastime.

I am well aware of the dates :) , gives him a 9 month window.

Guest Sir Creep

Yeah, this is a to-do you got yourself into by not specifying what makes someone "famous". Clearly Lauren was not of any note whatsoever before her illness, but the subsequent media coverage and charity work (raising $1m in two months is pretty impressive tbh) means she'll obit everywhere. Congratulate last year's champ on some sly chicanery and institute a rule for next year that all nominations have to have a Wikipedia entry before being picked.

Your use of the word 'subsequent' is all I need to blow to out of the water.

SC

Guest Sir Creep

Yeah, this is a to-do you got yourself into by not specifying what makes someone "famous". Clearly Lauren was not of any note whatsoever before her illness, but the subsequent media coverage and charity work (raising $1m in two months is pretty impressive tbh) means she'll obit everywhere. Congratulate last year's champ on some sly chicanery and institute a rule for next year that all nominations have to have a Wikipedia entry before being picked.

Spade Cooley your an annoying twat who can't read. The issue isn't 'what is celebrity, numbnuts, it's 'is the person a celebrity solely for the reason they'll soon die'. I used the infamous Sam Burns kid dying of old age at 17....he's same as Lauren Hill. She a nobody without brain cancer.

Thanks for your disposition on rules that need amending you've never read.

Sir Creep

Spade Cooley your an annoying twat who can't read. The issue isn't 'what is celebrity, numbnuts, it's 'is the person a celebrity solely for the reason they'll soon die'. I used the infamous Sam Burns kid dying of old age at 17....he's same as Lauren Hill. She a nobody without brain cancer.

Thanks for your disposition on rules that need amending you've never read.

Sir Creep

Another "SC" another obnoxious twat but without the intelligence and wit.

Cool.

Er, I best edit this, I was thinking of another SC not you Spadey................

Surely, everyone gainfully employed is back to work now. That might just cull the guest ranters for a while.

Spade Cooley your an annoying twat who can't read. The issue isn't 'what is celebrity, numbnuts, it's 'is the person a celebrity solely for the reason they'll soon die'. I used the infamous Sam Burns kid dying of old age at 17....he's same as Lauren Hill. She a nobody without brain cancer. Thanks for your disposition on rules that need amending you've never read. Sir Creep
Another "SC" another obnoxious twat but without the intelligence and wit. Cool. Er, I best edit this, I was thinking of another SC not you Spadey................

You know I was wondering if the SC might not be a coincidence.

• Like 1

Spade Cooley your an annoying twat who can't read. The issue isn't 'what is celebrity, numbnuts, it's 'is the person a celebrity solely for the reason they'll soon die'. I used the infamous Sam Burns kid dying of old age at 17....he's same as Lauren Hill. She a nobody without brain cancer. Thanks for your disposition on rules that need amending you've never read. Sir Creep
Another "SC" another obnoxious twat but without the intelligence and wit. Cool. Er, I best edit this, I was thinking of another SC not you Spadey................

I was thinking that too Handy

Star Crossed?

Star Crossed?

That's who I was thinking. He's got form.

Nah.

I know from whence this SC comes.

Simon Cowell?

Sean Connery?

Sarah Connor?

Star Crossed?

Like the Candyman, you called his name and he suddenly reappeared!

• Like 1

Guest Sir Creep

I run a DP and we maintain a modicum of decorum and respect for the deceased, and the sick as well. There is no reason that a DP is 'morbid' and even less reason that it has to be childish. You want to keep fighting those stigmas off, keep acting sophomoric.

When we post an obit you make a comment about the person if you want, or just RIP, or nothing. If you simply can't POSSIBLY post Zsa Zsa's obit without saying 'the old bat finally hopped into the grave', then my league ain't for you. Oh we make a few smarmy comments, and a few in bad taste, but in general no.

Also totally unalloyed is openly ROOTING for a human being to die. You'd have to be a sick fuck to know someone slipped into a coma, and you say 'I need 12 points die you bastard die!'. That'll get you a quick exit outta my league. They did, they die. Period. I had one guy join and quit a day later cuz he thought I wasn't serious about not acting like a 10-year old. Oh well.

Sir Creep

Lol.

I wonder who posted this with regard to zsa zsa's daughter........

Harvesting her for spares IMO.

coffee3.gif

• Like 1

Guest Sir Creep

1) if I sign in I suddenly can't post or comment, in fact no comment box even appears. I've sent posts to the admins which reach their dustbin. Wtf get your site's act together!

2) if course piling I, I couldn't 'start a new topic' in the forums. Why can't I start a new topic IM A GODDAMN MEMBER!

I can understand if I'm not signed in, but after it signed in I should be able.....hey wait, see #1 above ....

Irate Sir Creep (go ahead keep ignoring my request that your page be functional, you admin wankers)

Guest Sir Creep

1) if I sign in I suddenly can't post or comment, in fact no comment box even appears. I've sent posts to the admins which reach their dustbin. Wtf get your site's act together!

2) Of course piling on, I couldn't 'start a new topic' in the forums. Why can't I start a new topic IM A GODDAMN MEMBER!

I can understand if I'm not signed in, but after it signed in I should be able.....hey wait, see #1 above ....

Irate Sir Creep (go ahead keep ignoring my request that your page be functional, you admin wankers)

Can't start a new topic

Can't post if signed in

Can't vote in polls

Etc

Membership has it's privileges.

NOT!

I'm using the Safari browser supplied on my iPhone, so I presume all iPhone users can't play on your site, whether signed in or not. GL growing your site like that.

Irate SC.

Guest Sir Creep

2) Of course piling on, I couldn't 'start a new topic' in the forums. Why can't I start a new topic IM A GODDAMN MEMBER!

Can't start a new topic

Can't post if signed in

Can't vote in polls

Etc

NOT!

I'm using the Safari browser supplied on my iPhone, so I presume all iPhone users can't play on your site, whether signed in or not. GL growing your site like that.

Irate SC.

[W]hen I sign in it doesn't let me post.

and

Can't start a new topic

Can't post if signed in

Can't vote in polls

Etc

NOT!

There's no reason why the forum sortware should behave like that. Can you tell what error message it shows when it doesn't let you post?

regards,

Hein