Grim Reaper

Jake Lamotta

If Lamotta dies, then Muhammad Ali should be on the 2006 list.

According to alot of links Lamotta was a great selection for

this years list. Perhaps we shall make it 2 boxers for this

years list? While Muhammad Ali has been takin over by

parkinsons disease. I would think he has some years ahead

of him. He's one to keep in the back of your mind but hopefully

for boxing fans out there he won't have to be considered for

the list anytime soon. :P

What are the reasons for him being a great selection?

Guest chris

anybody who thinks raging bull was a bad movie is retarded. jake lamotta is the sickest guy on earth. he is soo cool. hey iyg, ur the 1 with yoda as ur icon so shut up. raging bull was the best movie ever and i think the guy that called u sissy was rite, you are. youve prolly never been in a fight cuz uve beeen watchin star wars. my grandfather knew jake la motta and he has told me everything. Jake La Motta ROCKS!

anybody who thinks raging bull was a bad movie is retarded. jake lamotta is the sickest guy on earth. he is soo cool. hey iyg, ur the 1 with yoda as ur icon so shut up. raging bull was the best movie ever and i think the guy that called u sissy was rite, you are. youve prolly never been in a fight cuz uve beeen watchin star wars. my grandfather knew jake la motta and he has told me everything. Jake La Motta ROCKS!

Pot, kettle, black methinks.

Guest Fight-fan/Scorcese fan

I'm old enough to remember seeing some of LaMotta's fights on TV and at the newsreel theaters when I was a teen-ager. The film, "Raging Bull" is fly-on-the-wall superb and Scorcese got the sounds and cadences of tough-guy talk - he's got perfect pitch every time. As a side note, Marcel Cerdan was the great love of Edith Piaf, the 'little sparrow' French chanteuse. She never recovered from his sudden death in that airplane crash...a lot of her wistful love-songs were always for him for the rest of her career. For DeNiro, that role was a miracle...possibly his best, right up there with "Taxi Driver".

I'm old enough to remember seeing some of LaMotta's fights on TV and at the newsreel theaters when I was a teen-ager. The film, "Raging Bull" is fly-on-the-wall superb and Scorcese got the sounds and cadences of tough-guy talk - he's got perfect pitch every time. As a side note, Marcel Cerdan was the great love of Edith Piaf, the 'little sparrow' French chanteuse. She never recovered from his sudden death in that airplane crash...a lot of her wistful love-songs were always for him for the rest of her career. For DeNiro, that role was a miracle...possibly his best, right up there with "Taxi Driver".

Raging Bull - classic.

Taxi driver - ultra classic - some day a real rain's gonna come and wash all the scum off the streets.

you lookin at me?

Guest Spicey

Raging Bull wasn't asking anyone to like him or dislike him. That's too obtuse for words. It's a brutally honest portrayal of one man's life and career. Good, bad and indifferent - it's all there warts and all. It's not supposed to be pretty because it isn't pretty. It holds aa mirror up to many things, not just the man himself. And it's real. He's real. And he was, and still is, what I call a man.

Raging Bull wasn't asking anyone to like him or dislike him. That's too obtuse for words. It's a brutally honest portrayal of one man's life and career. Good, bad and indifferent - it's all there warts and all. It's not supposed to be pretty because it isn't pretty. It holds aa mirror up to many things, not just the man himself. And it's real. He's real. And he was, and still is, what I call a man.

Yeah, but biologically speaking, Julian Clarey is a man too!

Guest Babs
Jake LaMotta was a professional fighter, with a chin of granite and heart bigger than a lion! A man who feared no fighter in the ring nor man on the street. A figher who beat the best of the best in his day. A man who learned what the word "comeback" was all about later in life. He fought all commers and then some. Hail to the Ragging Bull!!! My kind of fighter bar none.

A heart bigger than a lion?

Do lions beat their wives? He not only beat the best of the best, he beat the weak and defenseless. Be careful who you idolize brother./

A heart bigger than a lion?

Do lions beat their wives? He not only beat the best of the best, he beat the weak and defenseless. Be careful who you idolize brother./

No, but lions do sometimes kill their own offspring. However, Babs; I totally agree with your sentiments. No man who beats his spouse, or any woman for that matter ,should be lionised (sorry.) This is often a problem with boxers, they can control any situation with their fists, so unfortunately bring this into their personal and emotional lives (see Tyson, Bruno et too-many-bloody-many al)

No, but lions do sometimes kill their own offspring. However, Babs; I totally agree with your sentiments. No man who beats his spouse, or any woman for that matter ,should be lionised (sorry.) This is often a problem with boxers, they can control any situation with their fists, so unfortunately bring this into their personal and emotional lives (see Tyson, Bruno et too-many-bloody-many al)

I think veteran boxers lose their coordination with time, and swinging into mid air becomes a nervous habit. It becomes all they know, and instead of a hand shake, you might get a jab in the stomach sort of 'Hello.

Muhammad Ali is forever trapped in a self defense moment. Which makes him suddenly dangerous.

Guest T-Kid

Raging Bull is an excellent movie aswell as i find Jake Lamotta. He was a great fighter with an incredible chin and body strength to withstand any punches. You cant say Jake shouldnt of done what he did to his wife was wrong but you also cant say it was right. She slept around with other guys.

JAKE LAMOTTA BEST MIDDLEWEIGHT FIGHTER OF ALL TIME

Raging Bull is an excellent movie aswell as i find Jake Lamotta. He was a great fighter with an incredible chin and body strength to withstand any punches. You cant say Jake shouldnt of done what he did to his wife was wrong but you also cant say it was right.
If you're starting to confuse yourself mid-argument - bearing in mind it's not a real time reply and you can re-read and edit your posts as much as you like before hitting 'Add Reply' - my advice would be for you to leave the clever stuff alone and get back to making short clear statements.
She slept around with other guys.

Well done. :huh:

Raging Bull is an excellent movie aswell as i find Jake Lamotta. He was a great fighter with an incredible chin and body strength to withstand any punches. You cant say Jake shouldnt of done what he did to his wife was wrong but you also cant say it was right. She slept around with other guys.

I have never seen Raging Bull.

Jame Lamotta is due to be making a public appearance in Britain next month, he's heading to the bright lights of Loughton, Essex for a dinner to be held in his honour.

Are there any Deathlisters with money to burn who might make the trip?

Bronze - £60 per head

• Bronze section seating reserved

• 4 hour show

• 3 course dinner

Silver - £75 per head

• Silver section seating reserved

• 4 Hour Show

• 3 course dinner

• VIP after Party tickets

Gold - £100 per head

• Gold section seating reserved

• 4 hour show

• 3 course dinner

• Complimentary champagne reception

• Canapés

• Waitress service

• Opportunity to purchase a photo with you and Jake Le Motta

• VIP after party tickets

Platinum - £150 per head

• Platinum section seating reserved - Front Row

• 4 hour show

• 3 course dinner

• Canapés

• Photo with you and Jake Le Motta himself

• Guaranteed question to Jake Le Motta per table

• Blow job

Jame Lamotta is due to be making a public appearance in Britain next month, he's heading to the bright lights of Loughton, Essex for a dinner to be held in his honour.

Bronze - £60 per head

• Bronze section seating reserved

• 4 hour show

• 3 course dinner

Silver - £75 per head

• Silver section seating reserved

• 4 Hour Show

• 3 course dinner

• VIP after Party tickets

Gold - £100 per head

• Gold section seating reserved

• 4 hour show

• 3 course dinner

• Canapés

• Waitress service

• Opportunity to purchase a photo with you and Jake Le Motta

Platinum - £150 per head

• 4 hour show

• 3 course dinner

• Canapés

• Blow job

I think you've slipped in a little something extra in that platinum section. Please say you have :o

[snip]

Platinum - £150 per head

• 4 hour show

• 3 course dinner

• Canapés

• Blow job

I think you've slipped in a little something extra in that platinum section. Please say you have :o

Yeah, there's no way they'd stretch to canapés. I did note that it was £150 per head, so you'll definitely only get one of those.

Attended fight night in DC over the weekend. Looked fine...even did some shadow boxing for the crowd.

:banghead: He will survive another year I predict.

:banghead: He will survive another year I predict.

As do I. Another bad pick.

:mellow: He will survive another year I predict.

As do I. Another bad pick.

I'm sure he will - ditto - bad pick.

Jake la motta is a distant relative of mine, that side of the family live a long time, they keep fit, and are active, so hopefully, even though he is 89 he lives another decade.I have an uncle that is 84 and walks everywhere every day still helps run a business, he is on the la motta side, my mother is nearly 80 she walks for miles every day is fitter than me, without a doubt!anyway i hope the american side of my family keeps going strong, keep going jake!Keep fit!and God Bless

Jake la motta is a distant relative of mine, that side of the family live a long time, they keep fit, and are active, so hopefully, even though he is 89 he lives another decade.I have an uncle that is 84 and walks everywhere every day still helps run a business, he is on the la motta side, my mother is nearly 80 she walks for miles every day is fitter than me, without a doubt!anyway i hope the american side of my family keeps going strong, keep going jake!Keep fit!and God Bless

It's a small world - but I would not like to paint it!

Even our "one-track minded poster" "knows" having LaMotta on the list may not be providing the goods!

It's a small world - but I would not like to paint it!

Even our "one-track minded poster" "knows" having LaMotta on the list may not be providing the goods!

Somewhat pointless re-posting! My advice to you misswhisp (If you want to be taken seriously) is not to fall asleep between pressing buttons.