The Unknown Man

The Dead Of 2012

The Hollywood actor Turhan Bey has died aged 90.He was big in the 1940s apparentely, but sadly not big enough for an english obit yet http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Turhan_Bey

Another for the Babylon5 cast deaths......... maybe they should have a thread of their own?

The Hollywood actor Turhan Bey has died aged 90.He was big in the 1940s apparentely, but sadly not big enough for an english obit yet http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Turhan_Bey

Another for the Babylon5 cast deaths......... maybe they should have a thread of their own?

I might try and do this when I get time unless of course they all die first

You predicting a plane crash or summat?

You predicting a plane crash or summat?

No just that a lots of them seem to die relatively young, Stephen Briggs, Michael O' Hare, Jeff Conaway & Andreas Katsulas which if you compared them to the cast of Star Trek most of those lasted until they were quite old. Also, as my wife will surely testify, there can be long gap of time between me saying I will do something and it actually getting done!

I would not wish anything bad to happen to the lovely Claudia Christiansen

You're right - 2 points - "got a swimming pool" - but I have yet found the time to really apportion points to all the famous people with swimming pools - guess it's going to be over a quarter of list! - but in two cases I've put 2 points on Micheal Barrymore's score and 4 point for Paddy Roy Bates, he, the head of the nation of Sealand (dirty great lookout post thing off the North Sea coast)

Paddy Roy Bates hasn't actually lived on Sealand for quite a bit. He retired to Spain a few years ago leaving Roughs Tower in the hands of caretakers.

If he lives in Spain now then there's a good chance he owns a swimming pool. It could be so ironic if he drowns in a 8m x 3m area of water, rarther than all the time he lived 50m above the English Channel.

His Highness has died.

You're right - 2 points - "got a swimming pool" - but I have yet found the time to really apportion points to all the famous people with swimming pools - guess it's going to be over a quarter of list! - but in two cases I've put 2 points on Micheal Barrymore's score and 4 point for Paddy Roy Bates, he, the head of the nation of Sealand (dirty great lookout post thing off the North Sea coast)

Paddy Roy Bates hasn't actually lived on Sealand for quite a bit. He retired to Spain a few years ago leaving Roughs Tower in the hands of caretakers.

If he lives in Spain now then there's a good chance he owns a swimming pool. It could be so ironic if he drowns in a 8m x 3m area of water, rarther than all the time he lived 50m above the English Channel.

His Highness has died.

BBC report, which will no doubt please Their Royal Deadness or O'Deary Leader.

Guest Guest
Olga Powell, 82. She was nanny to Princes William and Harry for fifteen years.

What, you mean this Olga Powell?

Guest Guest

Yes. The very same.

Yes. The very same.

You mean the same Olga Powel that was mentioned in the fringes of fame thread on the 26th September?

just googled his name right now and he has obits wriite ups in the la times,huffington post,sf chronicle and washington post and in the uk he got a write up in the guardian

even though he died in sept it seems to have only been publicized the last 24 hours or so

This one could go almost anywhere, so I'll post it here. 'Prince' Roy Bates fought in the Spannish civil war, faced a Greek firing squad in WWII and a German bomb blow up in his face.

Paddy Roy Bates occupied a derelict North Sea military platform in the 1960s and declared it the Principality of Sealand, complete with passports, its own currency, and himself as sovereign.

I vaguley remember him on the telly years ago, might have been a pragramme called 'Nationwide' (Shit, I suddenly feel old)

His Highness has died.

May I refer PB to this post some what higher up the thread...

His Highness has died.

May I refer PB to this post some what higher up the thread...

Cheers RA. Stupid me. I obvoiusly didn't click on the link when it was first posted. I will now go outside and commit suicide by crucifiction. ;):lol:

Guest Pedant

.Cheers RA. Stupid me. I obvoiusly didn't click on the link when it was first posted. I will now go outside and commit suicide by crucifiction. ;):lol:

Yes, it will be a FICTION as it won't be a crucifixion!

.Cheers RA. Stupid me. I obvoiusly didn't click on the link when it was first posted. I will now go outside and commit suicide by crucifiction. ;):lol:

Yes, it will be a FICTION as it won't be a crucifixion!

Someone didn't quite get the humour here.

Guest Pedant

It was the spelling mistake you made...

It was the spelling mistake you made...

It was deliberate. The 'country' he 'created' was fictional as it didn't really exist. Sorry if it went over your head. Maybe the smilies didn't give the clue.

Oh, and BTW. Suicide by crucifixion is impossible. How are you going to put the last nail in?

Oh, and BTW. Suicide by crucifixion is impossible. How are you going to put the last nail in?

I wouldn't say it was impossible, you could die after flailing around for several days assuming no one came to your aid

I wouldn't say it was impossible, you could die after flailing around for several days assuming no one came to your aid

You could design a nail gun, that's designed to automatically sense where your hands and feet are, just set it off by remote control.