Damn thing died this morning :blink: It's fucking karma for that vole.

• Like 1

Damn thing died this morning :blink: It's fucking karma for that vole.

Must say LB, shame about your guinea pig going west. On the back of that bad news, I've got some good news to balance it out. Been fishing for a job and I've got one in the offing. At least, a two day "work for free" before they give me the post. Down side if I get it (other than getting back in the rodent race) - that may mean my surfing and posting rate will drop a fair bit. Then again > further upside > my lad gets an £8 chinese dwarf hamster!

I keep my credit card in a furry holder - it looks sooooo cute!

I've taken good care of it all these years but now it's really, really ill. It needs a really important opperation that will cost only £8,000.

Is there anyone out there that can help it recover?

Ummm.....no.

Since I've decided my purpose is to make you have a life, I'm going to let you decide how to come up with the eight grand. :blink:

I know this has no relevance to anything on the DL and of little interest to DL'ers, but if we can have a DL Anniversary thread for celebs I thought it would be ok to post my own anniversary here. My much loved dog Sparky went to sleep 11 years ago today, still very much missed. He was the first dog I ever had. A rescue boy who came into my life in June 1991, great personality and possibly the happiest dog I ever met, see you on the other side Sparks.

sparky012.jpg

sparky006.jpg

• Sad 1

RIP Millhouse - guinea pig number three to peg it within the last three months. That's it now, I'm not getting any more........

• Sad 1

RIP Millhouse - guinea pig number three to peg it within the last three months. That's it now, I'm not getting any more........

Sorry to hear. We lost our oldest gerbil here at the start of the month, and he is terribly missed. They are wonderful things, rodents.

Sorry to hear. We lost our oldest gerbil here at the start of the month, and he is terribly missed. They are wonderful things, rodents.

They are. I would often watch mine chase around on the grass like mad things and then try and bum each other.

They are. I would often watch mine chase around on the grass like mad things and then try and bum each other.

Poor Millhouse. I'm sorry, buddy.

I got a new foster cocker spaniel:

utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTgtMjAxMTAzMjItMjE1My5qcGc.jpg

That's Lila. She has cataracts, bradycardia and possibly isn't spayed. That's the fun part with girls - sometimes we have to wait and see if they come into season. Then we have a fun week and head to the vet's office.

Now I'm not a big dog fan, their breath stinks and so does their shit, but if I had to have a dog, I'd have one like that. Small and brown and curly. Like pubes. Good choice :)

My parrot (Amazon orange wing) seemed to take a stroke last night and fell off her perch. Went to the vet today, she got steriods and anti biotics (for a stroke?).

She's only about 15-20 years old and we've had her about 13 years

Doesn't look too promising for her :(

My parrot (Amazon orange wing) seemed to take a stroke last night and fell off her perch. Went to the vet today, she got steriods and anti biotics (for a stroke?).

Shes just pining for the fjords trees!

But, she's not a Norwegian Blue!

But, she's not a Norwegian Blue!

That's why I crossed through fjords and added trees! (Though I could have put Kindles instead).

5 dead goldfish!

And I can't find the 6th anywhere in the pond.

I blame that hot spell of weather.

• Sad 1

5 dead goldfish!

Perhaps the 6th one died first, and then the other 5 ate it, and that's why they're dead? :-D

5 dead goldfish!

Perhaps the 6th one died first, and then the other 5 ate it, and that's why they're dead? :-D

Fed all 6 of them every day without fail but these famous five all went tits up today. No sign of Nemo!

5 dead goldfish!

Fed all 6 of them every day without fail but these famous five all went tits up today. No sign of Nemo!

I'd have a talk with your local heron.

Many years ago the neighbours of my Uncle Arnold had put a dozen gold fish in their (very small) garden pond. A heron soon fished it empty. More heron food was bought and accepted in the next few weeks. A net was installed, which helped.

During this time the neighbours took to counting their fish every evening, which is more difficult than it sounds as the fish swim about. They lost count severel times every day, very amusing to listen to while enjoying a pint and a ciggy. After Uncle Arnold added a gold fish to the pond it became hilarious.

regards,

Hein

Sadly, she died about an hour ago. :( :(

Sympathies to you PB.

She survived quite well given the above prognosis.

I'm sorry, PB.

My bloody brother's dog had to be put down today. I loved that dog. I'm not an animal person really. He was a Staffie, and when my brother first got him years ago, I refused to go in my brother's house. I'm not a dog fan at the best of times, but there was no way I was going in a house with a Staffie, because it would sure as eggs bite my legs off, right? Well for about two years I wouldn't go in my brother's house, then one pissed up night they managed to persuade me to come in, but I only agreed if they would shut him in the kitchen. Poor little bugger barked the house down until I relented and they let him in, and I shit myself. Until I realised that actually, this daft, scatty, cocky little bastard was actually as soft as shit. He didn't try to bite my legs off, he tried to lick them off. He did the stinkiest farts. One day, my brother was up a ladder painting the hallway - somebody had left the front door open - the dog spied a cat outside, shot at high speed down the hallway, tipping my brother off the landing on his way. And after he'd taken a shit in the garden, he would run a couple of celebratory laps before sliding back across the tiled kitchen floor.

So in the end, I really loved that dog, and he even came to mine for Christmas last year. I've had a right old blub tonight, I can tell you :(

My bloody brother's dog had to be put down today. I loved that dog. I'm not an animal person really. He was a Staffie, and when my brother first got him years ago, I refused to go in my brother's house. I'm not a dog fan at the best of times, but there was no way I was going in a house with a Staffie, because it would sure as eggs bite my legs off, right? Well for about two years I wouldn't go in my brother's house, then one pissed up night they managed to persuade me to come in, but I only agreed if they would shut him in the kitchen. Poor little bugger barked the house down until I relented and they let him in, and I shit myself. Until I realised that actually, this daft, scatty, cocky little bastard was actually as soft as shit. He didn't try to bite my legs off, he tried to lick them off. He did the stinkiest farts. One day, my brother was up a ladder painting the hallway - somebody had left the front door open - the dog spied a cat outside, shot at high speed down the hallway, tipping my brother off the landing on his way. And after he'd taken a shit in the garden, he would run a couple of celebratory laps before sliding back across the tiled kitchen floor.

So in the end, I really loved that dog, and he even came to mine for Christmas last year. I've had a right old blub tonight, I can tell you :(

:( LB, dogs get you that way I am afraid, I hated the things for years until my ex insisted we got one. They are devious, sneaky things that somehow worm their way into your affections and never leave. I have had the pleasure of sharing my life - and my food, bed and everything else of mine that they deemed as theirs - with 3 very different dogs over the last 20 years.

:(

There is sorrow enough in the natural way

From men and women to fill our day;

And when we are certain of sorrow in store,

Why do we always arrange for more?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware

Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

Rudyard Kipling

• Like 2

I'm sorry, LB.

Why? Did you kill the dog?