Guest pip chapman pincher

Chapman Pincher

A great shame but it seems reading that he was accepting of death and had no regrets.

100 is a very good life and still writing.

Interesting. The Guardian obit mentions a small stroke seven weeks ago. That could have been a sign. Not having known him before, he appears to have been a sort of british Bob Woodward who, at 71, is probably still to young to be mentioned here. Anyway... was it the wanking?

Interesting. The Guardian obit mentions a small stroke seven weeks ago. That could have been a sign. Not having known him before, he appears to have been a sort of british Bob Woodward who, at 71, is probably still to young to be mentioned here. Anyway... was it the wanking?

I don't think it was that type of stroke.

• Like 4

If he could see it then the slow reporting of his death would have been a horrible blow to his delusions that we was "still going strong" or something. Look at the interview(s) this year where he said he intended to "die in the saddle"..... not sure what he meant, I'd love to know what hijinks he was involved in that could have described him as "in the saddle"....... I think none. He probably couldn't even live up to the name Flycatcher nevermind Spycatcher!

It is a shame really ..I have been following this site since 2010 and he is one of the only names now to have constantly remained on the list since then! Still it shows the good behind this site as without it I would probably still not know who he was!He was a lucky old bugger he had it both ways ..lived to a ripe old age while still alert and doing what he loved .It doesn`t get much better than that.If we wish to replace him with another centenarian , Journalist and Author from a by-gone era may I suggest Clare Hollingworth (b.1911)who was the first war correspondent to report on the outbreak of WW2?I know she is pretty much unknown but so was Mr Pincher and that distinction alone would give her a wide range of British obituaries for reasons beside her age and likely demise.

If he could see it then the slow reporting of his death would have been a horrible blow to his delusions that we was "still going strong" or something. Look at the interview(s) this year where he said he intended to "die in the saddle"..... not sure what he meant, I'd love to know what hijinks he was involved in that could have described him as "in the saddle"....... I think none. He probably couldn't even live up to the name Flycatcher nevermind Spycatcher!

He meant that he wanted to die while he was still writing a book. Although he had only just finished his most recent book which he was writing at the time of the interview. Fortunate for him and his family he was able to complete it and have it published.

Is there going to be write ups this year?

Maybe they is waiting for someone with a suitable standard of English to volunteer?

He's the first actual Englisher on the list to snuff it this year. Up until this point anyone who came across the site and took a glance at the sidebar might well have thought it was an American place....

He's the first actual Englisher on the list to snuff it this year. Up until this point anyone who came across the site and took a glance at the sidebar might well have thought it was an American place....

Indian born and bred, if the Punjab was in India then?

Nae luck Dr ;)

Nae luck Dr ;)

Yeah he sounded Indian didn't he?

Anyway wasn't India practically a territory of Britain when he was born there? Your pedantry is as stale and shite as that home-made haggis you polished off for dinner last night, "roon roon" or whatever....

Nae luck Dr ;)

Born, but not bred, I'm sure. Lot of British people lived and worked in India when it was a British dominion, with the result that a lot of them had children born there.

• Like 1

Nae luck Dr ;)

Born, but not bred, I'm sure. Lot of British people lived and worked in India when it was a British dominion, with the result that a lot of them had children born there.

Yes like Joanna Lumley,Cliff Richard, Spike Milligan etc etc.

Clearly just a bunch of foreign c***s masquerading as British citizens, aye.

Well cliff is Barbadian now...

Chapman Pincher was one of the few men outside the Soviet Union to receive an Order of Victory medal from Putin.

His son, author Michael Pincher is now wanting to send it back in protest at the war in Ukraine: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10791331/EDEN-CONFIDENTIAL-Olympic-rower-James-Cracknell-new-wife-Jordan-gold-pub-quiz.html

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Deathrace said:

Is Chris Pincher a relation? 

It does not seem so. 

Then again, if I were related to a Tory politician I would keep it quiet too. 

• Facepalm 1

On 05/07/2022 at 08:39, Summer in Transylvania said:

It does not seem so. 

Then again, if I were related to a Tory politician I would keep it quiet too. 

In fairness, Chapman is hardly in a position to comment