Lord Fellatio Nelson

Presenters

Re Peter Perves above, it's Purvis, right? Or was that a statement of fact?

If you read it right, its 'Peter Perves Valerie Singleton', so yes, statement of fact.

• Like 2

Of the original presenters of children's TV staple 'How', two hav elong since shuffled off, Fred Dinenage is still going strong presenting local news, but what of Bunty James? Wikipedia has her as born in 1933, making her currently 81 or 82 (and born in Maryport to boot) and hasn't done anything of note since a 1991 TV movie.

She's also escaped the curse of HMHB thus far.

Bob Langley and Peter Seabrook off of Pebble Mill at One...

Peter Seabrook turns up on Radio Kent's Sunday morning gardening phone-in from time to time. Sounds chipper enough.

I worked with him a number of times - he's a lovely bloke. Sadly for a such a fan of flowers, he's lost his sense of smell.

My Mum used to watch Pebble Mill at One everyday and she went to an open day and Bob Langley actually picked me up and held me whilst he talked to my Mum. I must have been about 5 at the time but still have vague recollections of it.

What about :

Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart

Stu Francis

Henry Kelly

Matthew Kelly

Sarah Kennedy

Rustie Lee

Paul Daniels

What about :

Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart

Stu Francis

Henry Kelly

Matthew Kelly

Sarah Kennedy

Rustie Lee

Paul Daniels

These precious few are exactly why Utah brought back the firing squad.

What about :

Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart

Stu Francis

Henry Kelly

Matthew Kelly

Sarah Kennedy

Rustie Lee

Paul Daniels

Barring accidents, I can't see any of these dying in the next ten years, with the possible exception of Sarah Kennedy (she doesn't have a drink problem y'know). They all seem fit and healthy and working (so put 'em all down for 2016).

My Mum used to watch Pebble Mill at One everyday and she went to an open day and Bob Langley actually picked me up and held me whilst he talked to my Mum. I must have been about 5 at the time but still have vague recollections of it.

Boy, you were lucky.

Another time, another place and you could have been held by Jimbo or Rolf!!

• Like 2

What about :

Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart

Stu Francis

Henry Kelly

Matthew Kelly

Sarah Kennedy

Rustie Lee

Paul Daniels

Barring accidents, I can't see any of these dying in the next ten years, with the possible exception of Sarah Kennedy (she doesn't have a drink problem y'know). They all seem fit and healthy and working (so put 'em all down for 2016).

I'm afraid my abiding memories of Sarah Kennedy are a result of the toe-curlingly embarrassing series of sex education documentaries she presented when I was at school. I can still remember her telling us to "make sure your first time is special". Problem is, my first time was not in the least enhanced by visions of Sarah Kennedy telling me exactly how I should tackle the task. :lol:

Gordon Burns, I seem to remember Handy suggest a few years back that he "had something nasty"

Gordon Burns, I seem to remember Handy suggest a few years back that he "had something nasty"

Yes, some sort of factor or summat...

• Like 1

What about :

Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart

Stu Francis

Henry Kelly

Matthew Kelly

Sarah Kennedy

Rustie Lee

Paul Daniels

I'm afraid my abiding memories of Sarah Kennedy are a result of the toe-curlingly embarrassing series of sex education documentaries she presented when I was at school. I can still remember her telling us to "make sure your first time is special". Problem is, my first time was not in the least enhanced by visions of Sarah Kennedy telling me exactly how I should tackle the task. :lol:

Living and Growing ?

Surgeries take their toll on the body , the human body isn't meant to be put to sleep and cut open. She is probably had around 50 surgeries but barring a killer infection she will probably live a long time yet. Cancer of the throat is something she should watch out for though.

A few more names into the pot

Katie Boyle, Pete Murray & Jimmy Hill (who is definitely his own rhyming slang)

Of the original presenters of children's TV staple 'How', two hav elong since shuffled off, Fred Dinenage is still going strong presenting local news, but what of Bunty James? Wikipedia has her as born in 1933, making her currently 81 or 82 (and born in Maryport to boot) and hasn't done anything of note since a 1991 TV movie.

She's also escaped the curse of HMHB thus far.

FFS!!

Is Bunty really still breathing, had no idea that one of the few famous persons born in Maryport was still with us. Can't see any evidence she's dead, so I'm inclined to believe it.

Mike Neville (aged 78) is still alive too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Neville_(newsreader)#In_song

Only just seen this, there were certainly rumours among some BBC personal that he had cancer of some sort but I'm not who true they were and the seem to have died down.

Blue Peter presenters seem to have quite a good survival rate, I think only Trace, Sundin and Keating have died though I could be wrong. I believe Christopher Wenner has throat cancer but I don't know much more about it than that.

Paul Danquah may be a possibility too, although best known as an actor he was one of the first black Play School presenters and turns 90 this year.

• Like 1

Tom Coyne, one of the first presenters of Top Gear, dies at 84. DDP to follow when qualifying obit appears. http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/former-top-gear-host-dies-8995206

There is a name that brings back unwelcome memories of Midlands Today

Yes, we were an ATV Today household. Midlands Today seemed too 'establishment' for my tastes - mind you I was but a callow youth at the time.

• Like 1

Tom Coyne, one of the first presenters of Top Gear, dies at 84. DDP to follow when qualifying obit appears. http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/former-top-gear-host-dies-8995206

Yes, we were an ATV Today household. Midlands Today seemed too 'establishment' for my tastes - mind you I was but a callow youth at the time.

Like Tiswas vs Swap Shop.

Tiswas won every time... ;)

• Like 1

Like Tiswas vs Swap Shop.

Tiswas won every time... ;)

What about Magpie vs Blue Peter?

News anchors go here? Hope so.

Longtime Atlanta news anchor Monica Pearson has revealed she's been diagnosed with liver cancer.

The former WSB-TV anchor says she was diagnosed in December and had surgery in January to remove more than 50 percent of her liver.

SC

http://www.theolympian.com/2015/04/23/3691622/former-atlanta-tv-anchor-diagnosed.html