- - - - -

Crew of USS Enterprise There's Klingons on the starboard bow...

139 replies to this topic

#41 Lady Grendel

Assassing

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:26 PM

maryportfuncity, on Oct 19 2005, 10:08 PM, said:

Reminds one of Nichelle Nichols of Star Trek fame. They said the same about her some years previously.

One presumes she isn't dead yet though?

Alive, well and playing a recurring role at Trekkie conventions these days. Discussed hereabouts on our Crew of the USS Enterprise thread.
She was interviewed on TV a couple of years back can't remember who by, think it may have been Graham Norton or Jonathon Ross, I don't think there is much chance of her going soon, she seemed pretty healthy and is only in her early 70's.

#42 Lady Die

I have no life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:24 AM

She looks pretty good here

Amazing how all those actors(?) in Star Trek have lived on the back of it for 40 years! I believe the program was originally only supposed to run for a few episodes.

I'm sure all this should be in the USS Enterprise thread but I can't be arsed today.

[Posts moved from topic "Richard O'Sullivan" -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein, 20 October 2005 - 10:15 AM.

There were three of us in the morgue so it was rather crowded

#43 Anubis the Jackal

Twunt Master

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:24 PM

To return to one of my favourite Deathlist Threads, the Star Trek / Art Garfunkel Poetry Appreciation thread does anyone here live near Lyon. The slap-headed cock-knocker will be walking from there (at some point) en route to Grenoble in his terrifyingly pointless 'Eurowalk' during which he threatens more poetry. Would it be too much to suggest he meet with an unfortunate accident with a hunter polishing his sniper-rifle?

Partake of the verb 'to be,' for all is well
Even the I.R.A. can visit their moms.
What Guiness stirs in the breast of every dragoon
Breath itself returns in full bloom and becalms.

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Jul 22 2005, 04:54 PM, said:

Having bought and savoured Nimoy's excreble tome "Will I Think of You' I'll vouch for the Vogonity of its contents. In fact I once heard a Douglas Adams fan suggesting the idea for Vogon poetry was inspired by the fact that 'Spock' wrote such crap. Another celeb pushing him all the way in the pretentious drivel stakes is Art Garfunkel, an individual so self-obsessed his official site lists every book he's read since the late sixties and the number of pages contained therein.

The link below gets you within range of Art's writing, mainly poems and 'prose poems.' 'Still Water' offers the worst of the drivel...you have been warned!

Art's 'Art'

Pardon me but I got to run
The fact's uncommonly clear
I got to find who's now the number one
And why my angel eyes ain't here

Excuse me while I disappear

#44 BrunoBrimley

I REALLY Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:40 PM

View PostAnubis the Jackal, on Aug 20 2006, 08:24 PM, said:

To return to one of my favourite Deathlist Threads, the Star Trek / Art Garfunkel Poetry Appreciation thread does anyone here live near Lyon. The slap-headed cock-knocker will be walking from there (at some point) en route to Grenoble in his terrifyingly pointless 'Eurowalk' during which he threatens more poetry. Would it be too much to suggest he meet with an unfortunate accident with a hunter polishing his sniper-rifle?
Um, no it would not be. So go on ahead, suggest it.

#45 Slave to the Grave

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:57 PM

View PostAnubis the Jackal, on Aug 20 2006, 10:24 PM, said:

I walk to Lyon in January just for the thrill,
at the groin of southern Europe,
if you will.

Certainly no shortage of hunters in France, always accidentally shooting each other so it's a distinct possibility.
In my experience, yes, some guests have the same longing for towels and bedlinen as zombies have for human flesh.

"Turrwets, a very good place to keep a tdonkley" - Lady G.

Who is not made better and wiser by occasional intercourse with the tomb?
-George Blair

#46 Lady Die

I have no life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:00 AM

Back on the Star Trek theme, I recently found out that George Takei (Sulu) is gay. That might put him at risk of an AIDS-related illness.

BTW please don't anyone say "I knew he was gay - it's been common knowledge for the past 40 years". Just make allowance for me being a bit slow sometimes. :)
There were three of us in the morgue so it was rather crowded

#47 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,258 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:31 AM

I don't think he's a huge AIDS risk, he's gay but he's not in the different club every night, different bloke when he does faction.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#48 The Four Horsemen

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:08 PM

He might be a high risk candidate though, as apparently you shag one chinese gay bloke and half an hour later you feel like shagging another one.........

I'll let myself out.......
It is surely better to be pissed off than pissed on

#49 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,258 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:42 PM

He might be a high risk candidate though, as apparently you shag one chinese gay bloke and half an hour later you feel like shagging another one.........

<_< :lol: :lol:
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#50 MyBrainHurts2

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:56 PM

Oh that was funny! <_<

Saw Takei on the William Shatner roast on Comedy Central last night. Takei and Nicholls were in attendance and looked quite healthy. The comedians had no qualms about ripping on Sulu being gay, and obviously, Takei didn't have a problem with it either. I think he's more at risk of dying of an age related illness rather than HIV/AIDS related illness.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

#51 The Pooka

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:58 PM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Jul 21 2005, 11:51 PM, said:

Another Trek related individual worth considering is Ed Cassidy (b 4th May 1923) massive baldie about six and a half feet tall who made a notable guest appearance in the show and also has a toe hold on rock fame as the drummer with vastly under-rated Californian psychsters Spirit.

Still alive, which is more than can be said for Spirit's singer/guitarist Randy California.

Cassidy's health seems sound.........for an 83 year old with a few late nights and parties to his credit.

Well I never knew that Ed Cassidy appeared in Star Trek. Great band Spirit - saw them live in Bristol once. Randy California drowned. He was saving his son who had got into trouble surfing. That's about as noble and dignified a rock star death as I am aware of. Unless, of course, dear readers, you know better.

#52 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,258 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:10 PM

Scott la Rock could run him a close second, uninvolved in a gang dispute and sitting in a car outside the scene of a bitter row, he walked in to preach peace to the warring parties and took a fatal shooting for his efforts.

Re Ed Cassidy, trust me, he did. If I recall rightly he's in the episode where Abraham Lincoln (an actor, not the real guy) also turns up, but maybe too many recreational stimulants combined with cranking up early Spirit too loud have bent my memory.
Posted Image

#53 The Pooka

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:39 AM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Aug 21 2006, 11:10 PM, said:

Scott la Rock could run him a close second, uninvolved in a gang dispute and sitting in a car outside the scene of a bitter row, he walked in to preach peace to the warring parties and took a fatal shooting for his efforts.

Re Ed Cassidy, trust me, he did. If I recall rightly he's in the episode where Abraham Lincoln (an actor, not the real guy) also turns up, but maybe too many recreational stimulants combined with cranking up early Spirit too loud have bent my memory.
Sounds like it wasn't only Dr Sardonicus who had vivid dreams.

#54 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,258 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 09:15 AM

Maybe Pooka, but I'd lay money that yer man appeared in one episode and I'm fairly sure it was the one I mentioned. He strolls around looking - well - big and bald but conceals a trick that he has the ability to mimic voices. So when two teams of four, good and evil, with both Kirk and Spock on the good side, are fighting to the death in some perverse version of Gladiators, his little skill lures others to their deaths.

Honest.

There must be a proper trekkie posting here who can verify all this.
Posted Image

#55 harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

It's God shit!

• Members
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:47 AM

View PostMyBrainHurts2, on Aug 21 2006, 08:56 PM, said:

Oh that was funny! :D

Saw Takei on the William Shatner roast on Comedy Central last night. Takei and Nicholls were in attendance and looked quite healthy. The comedians had no qualms about ripping on Sulu being gay, and obviously, Takei didn't have a problem with it either. I think he's more at risk of dying of an age related illness rather than HIV/AIDS related illness.

Having an asteroid named after him should be enough compensation for Georgy boy. Or should that be an assteroid?

why, you little...

#56 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,258 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 11:52 AM

Or should that be an assteroid?

Good to see the studentish sense of humour that started this whole DL caper two decades back is alive and well HMBWA.
Posted Image

#57 Cowboy Ronnie

I Need To Get A Life!

• Moderators
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:39 PM

View Postharrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy, on Oct 4 2007, 11:47 AM, said:

View PostMyBrainHurts2, on Aug 21 2006, 08:56 PM, said:

Oh that was funny! :D

Having an asteroid named after him should be enough compensation for Georgy boy. Or should that be an assteroid?

How sad are the boffins whose attempts at originality and humour extend to naming asteroids that only they'll ever see after actors from Specky Twat TV shows? Anyway, where's the Bill Shatner asteroid? Maybe they're saving that for the one that will smash into the earth and kill us all.

#58 Canadian Paul

uber twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:34 PM

Randy Pausch joins the cast of the new movie, in a small role.
Twunt Master Series (August 2007 - January 2008) (January 2008 - June 2008) (July 2008 - April 2009) (April 2009 - January 2010)

Uber Twunt Series (January 2010 - ?)

I still owe NAP

#59 themaninblack

Pun Plunderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,232 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:43 PM

View PostCanadian Paul, on Jan 26 2008, 11:34 PM, said:

Randy Pausch joins the cast of the new movie, in a small role.

Sure to increase his chances of a legit obit methinks...
"I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille."

Gene Wilder as "the Waco Kid", Blazing Saddles (1974)

#60 TAFKAG

Twombly of Twimbledon Common

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:22 PM

Sulu to take his boyfriend up the aisle.

"Warped factor 9!", moans Arnie.

~ O Sting, where is thy death? ~

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users