Davey Jones' Locker

Foreign Personalities, From Stage, Screen, Politics And Life

French screenwriter/director/actor René Féret is dead at 69:

http://www.lemonde.fr/cinema/article/2015/04/28/disparition-de-rene-feret-realisateur-de-la-communion-solennelle_4623939_3476.html (french link)

Also dead, but at age 68, French guitarist Serge Koolenn of the group "Il était une fois":

http://www.huffingtonpost.fr/2015/04/28/serge-koolenn-mort-il-etait-une-fois_n_7160472.html (french link)

• Like 1

For anyone wanting an up date on Charles Aznavour - he was on Vivement Dimanche today on TV5 Monde (so it's a show from a couple of weeks ago). As I've mentioned earlier in this thread, he's currently on a 'farewell' tour. He does look quite frail - and definitely more so than a year or so ago, and his hands are a little shaky, but otherwise he's in fine fettle. Obviously a fall or a bout of illness could finish anyone his age off, but otherwise he's good for at least another five years in my opinion.

• Like 1

Vicente Aranda The Spanish Film Director of historical films Libertarias and Juana La Loca among others is dead at 88

Book has a potential unique DDP hit, now that Elisabeth Wiedemann is dead at 89:

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/medien/frau-von-ekel-alfred-schauspielerin-elisabeth-wiedemann-gestorben/11831978.html (link in german)

She played the wife of "Ekel Alfred" in the early german TV series (actually a sitcom long before they became a household name) "Ein Herz und Eine Seele" (A heart and a soul, meaning, sort of, beating as one heart). It was an iconic german TV-show of the 70s about a "typical" german family with "Alfred" as the always grumpy father. It was before my time, and it always seemed to me that this father was symbolic for the people who voted Hitler into office and the children had to life with these people. Elisabeth Wiedemann is the last of the core family to die since the actors of her two TV children died before her.

Wiedemann also had a couple of roles in some very prominent german TV movies, and the usual smaller roles in several series'.

Book has a potential unique DDP hit, now that Elisabeth Wiedemann is dead at 89:

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/medien/frau-von-ekel-alfred-schauspielerin-elisabeth-wiedemann-gestorben/11831978.html (link in german)

She played the wife of "Ekel Alfred" in the early german TV series (actually a sitcom long before they became a household name) "Ein Herz und Eine Seele" (A heart and a soul, meaning, sort of, beating as one heart). It was an iconic german TV-show of the 70s about a "typical" german family with "Alfred" as the always grumpy father. It was before my time, and it always seemed to me that this father was symbolic for the people who voted Hitler into office and the children had to life with these people. Elisabeth Wiedemann is the last of the core family to die since the actors of her two TV children died before her.

Wiedemann also had a couple of roles in some very prominent german TV movies, and the usual smaller roles in several series'.

Thank you, gcreptile. Und ruhe in Frieden, Frau Wiedemann.

No UK obit for her I suppose.

But for me: A hit is a hit!

• Like 1

Book that's very impressive, points or not. Perhaps I'm trapped on the wrong side of the Pond, but are you in Germany?? It's some damn solid research, mate, what finds old German sitcom actors. What would even make you hunt such a thing down? Well done.

SC

Book that's very impressive, points or not. Perhaps I'm trapped on the wrong side of the Pond, but are you in Germany?? It's some damn solid research, mate, what finds old German sitcom actors. What would even make you hunt such a thing down? Well done.

SC

Thank you, SC, but it wasn't that difficult. She lived in a rest home for the last couple of years. And as gcreptile said: The sitcom she was playing in is still very popular in Germany. She even got an obit in the main news yesterday.

einherzundeineseele_ov_676__W660xh0.jpg

Hiroshi Koizuma Japanese Actor who appeared in several of the early Godzilla films is dead at 88 from pneumonia

French Winnetou-actor Pierre Brice is dead at 86:

http://www.n-tv.de/leute/Pierre-Brice-gestorben-article15246486.html (German link)

A legend in Germany for his portrayal of "Winnetou", the main native american character in Karl May's Wild West novels. I wonder if he was any kind of famous anywhere else...

Germany's most famous gossip reporter Paul Sahner is dead at 70:

http://www.huffingtonpost.de/2015/06/08/paul-sahner-gestorben_n_7532606.html (link in german)

His speciality was to make his guests confess private secrets. His interview with then-german minister of defense Rudolf Scharping, half-naked at and in a swimming-pool, showing him kissing and embracing his aristocrat girlfriend, led to his (Scharping's) resignation.

Harry the tramp from Lindenstrasse has died.

Harry Rowohlt was also a writer.

• Like 1