Paul Bearer

Fort William Football Club

So, Fort took a 6-1 drubbing today; but their goal difference of -61 is still less than half as bad as that of winless Rothes who sit five points below them with a goal difference of -123. Make that SIX points below them to all intents and purposes, then.

Fucking hell. Did they lose 40-0 in a match or something?

So, Fort took a 6-1 drubbing today; but their goal difference of -61 is still less than half as bad as that of winless Rothes who sit five points below them with a goal difference of -123. Make that SIX points below them to all intents and purposes, then.

Nah, but an eight goal drubbing is about par for their course. I'm still minded that Deathlisters should stay the course with the Fort, mind. This isn't a normal Rothes season.

Nah, but an eight goal drubbing is about par for their course. I'm still minded that Deathlisters should stay the course with the Fort, mind. This isn't a normal Rothes season.

Is there a relegation/promotion system in the Highland League. If so would Rothes/Fort be in contention to go down?

Is there a relegation/promotion system in the Highland League. If so would Rothes/Fort be in contention to go down?

No, officials have scoured the planet but can't find a league sufficiently dire to accomodate the bottom teams in that division.

Seriously, I think myself and PB are the only posters hereabouts to have parted with cash to watch The Fort. Striker with a beer gut, pub football standards at best the one time I went. Ironically it was a home game with Rothes I watched, Fort lost 0-4.

No, officials have scoured the planet but can't find a league sufficiently dire to accomodate the bottom teams in that division.

Seriously, I think myself and PB are the only posters hereabouts to have parted with cash to watch The Fort. Striker with a beer gut, pub football standards at best the one time I went. Ironically it was a home game with Rothes I watched, Fort lost 0-4.

If they do find one they might want the Villa to play in there as well.

• Like 1

A 2-2 draw today against Lossiemouth gave our heroes a point. Yay!

A 2-2 draw today against Lossiemouth gave our heroes a point. Yay!

Surely no chance of bottom place now, go Fort!

Full Time at Claggan FWFC 3 Rothes 1. 10 points. Yay.

Do they have floodlights or did they play in the dark? Maybe that's why Rothes did not know how to find the net more.

FFS four from the last six points; better than Carlisle. Most league teams would recognise that as play off form.

Regular visitors to this thread will remember where they were when they heard this news.

• Like 1

If they do find one they might want the Villa to play in there as well.

You can throw Newcastle and Bolton in with that league too.

Tomorrows game postponed already. Yep, waterlogged pitch again.

On the other hand we could start our countdown to ecstacy now.

NINE points clear of bottom with 18th place Rothes still chasing a possible 24 points from their remaining games (yeah, dream on!)

So, Fort will be certain of avoiding bottom spot well before the hostilities of the season cease

So, Fort will be certain of avoiding bottom spot well before the hostilities of the season cease

That's unnatural. What did they put in their half-time tea?

FIXTURES TO END OF SEASON...they're squeezing as much as possible into March.

Wednesday 16TH March

BRORA RANGERS V FORT WILLIAM

Saturday 19th March

COVE RANGERS v FORT WILLIAM

Wednesday 23rd March

CLACHNACUDDIN v FORT WILLIAM

Saturday 26th March

FORT WILLIAM v COVE RANGERS

Wednesday 30th March

FORT WILLIAM v WICK ACADEMY

Saturday 2nd April

FORT WILLIAM v TURRIFF UNITED

Saturday 9th April

FORT WILLIAM v FRASERBURGH

Saturday 16th April

HUNTLY v FORT WILLIAM

Wednesday 20th April

FORT WILLIAM v NAIRN COUNTY

Saturday 23rd April

FORT WILLIAM v HUNTLY

FIXTURES TO END OF SEASON...they're squeezing as much as possible into March.

Wednesday 16TH March

BRORA RANGERS V FORT WILLIAM

Saturday 19th March

COVE RANGERS v FORT WILLIAM

Wednesday 23rd March

CLACHNACUDDIN v FORT WILLIAM

Saturday 26th March

FORT WILLIAM v COVE RANGERS

Wednesday 30th March

FORT WILLIAM v WICK ACADEMY

Saturday 2nd April

FORT WILLIAM v TURRIFF UNITED

Saturday 9th April

FORT WILLIAM v FRASERBURGH

Saturday 16th April

HUNTLY v FORT WILLIAM

Wednesday 20th April

FORT WILLIAM v NAIRN COUNTY

Saturday 23rd April

FORT WILLIAM v HUNTLY

FFS, there's a danger some of the players will get fit.

Where will that leave us?

When will the new season start? I'd say a summer of fags and pints will take care of that.

• Like 1

Respectable 4-2 defeat tonight. Kick off was delayed until 8.15 tonight. Crowds must have been massive. ;-)

Full-time

COVE RANGERS 5 FORT WILLIAM 0

Just wait until next Saturday when we have them at home.

Rothes - who lost today - maximum points now down to 16; we're two matches away from confirming Fort as NOT BOTTOM.

Full-time

CLACHNACUDDIN 1 FORT WILLIAM 2 Victory is ours. Yay.

Full-time

CLACHNACUDDIN 1 FORT WILLIAM 2 Victory is ours. Yay.

Be careful Aston Villa might poach your manager.

So, as gripping to the nation as Leicester's quest for the Prem:

If Rothes lose against lowly Strathspey tomorrow then their maximum points are equal to Fort's current total - but Fort's goal difference is surely beyond Rothes to overhaul

If Fort fluke so much as a point against high-flying Cove and Rothes lose...bottom spot is decided tomorrow

In the more likely scenario that both teams keep losing to the end of the season, it's over on Wednesday

Or some variation on the above.

• Like 1