Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Only two more names to drop dead before everyone's favourite permanently-hospitalised smiling black guy Richard Overton becomes the world's oldest man.

• Like 5

Any relation to Faustino Olivera?

*unsure as to Latin naming protocol.

Fransisco Nunez fought in the Rif War, and also for the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil.

Down to two left, according to wiki, but one is a 99 year old Faustino.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_surviving_veterans_of_the_Spanish_Civil_War

On 1/30/2018 at 07:10, Spade_Cooley said:

Only two more names to drop dead before everyone's favourite permanently-hospitalised smiling cigar-a-day black guy Richard Overton becomes the world's oldest man.

FTFY

• Like 1

Emma Primas, a supercentenarian, businesswoman and Houston celebrity who gained national prominence at age 109 during her 2015 meeting with President Barack Obama (when he gave her a peck on the cheek), died Tuesday.  She was 112.

Again, no DDP interest.  Grey Panthers WTF?

SC

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dalai Lama said:

Only 112 years old.

It’s young.

Welcome to the site. Hopefully this will give you your first point. I am 62 so I must be a fetus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 23:00, Sir Creep said:

Emma Primas, a supercentenarian, businesswoman and Houston celebrity who gained national prominence at age 109 during her 2015 meeting with President Barack Obama (when he gave her a peck on the cheek), died Tuesday.  She was 112.

Again, no DDP interest.  Grey Panthers WTF?

SC

Yes, I missed her but to be fair, most of my Gray Panthers picks are a bit more prominent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theoldlady said:

Welcome to the site. Hopefully this will give you your first point. I am 62 so I must be a fetus.

I can see the National Enquirer headline now "Sixty-two Year Old Fetus Discovered"

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, deadsox said:

Yes, I missed her but to be fair, most of my Gray Panthers picks are a bit more prominent.

True enough, she wasn't terribly memorable until she died and the past 'famous' event came racing back to life.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

World's oldest person, Nabi Tajima, has become the 5th oldest person ever.

If she lives just over a month, she'll become the 4th oldest ever. But judging by the photo in the article (from September 2017) she's not in good shape.

How should someone who is 117 look?

4 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

How should someone who is 117 look?

Breathing is usually an above average look!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

World's oldest person, Nabi Tajima, has become the 5th oldest person ever.

If she lives just over a month, she'll become the 4th oldest ever. But judging by the photo in the article (from September 2017) she's not in good shape.

Yeah but a bit cruel to take the photo whilst she was asleep - if they'd taken a photo while she was doing a bit of jive at the afternoon tea dance then we'd have a different impression. :D

I lurk the 110 Club every now and then and no one on there really expected her to last this long as she's looked this way for several years now.

• Like 1

Tajima only needs to live about 6 more weeks to "break the top 4" - as in finally join the elite group of 90s supercentenarians who are the four oldest people ever - Calment, Knauss, Hannah, and Meilleur.

I'm still pissed that Violet Brown and Emma Morano died a couple months before breaking the top 4. They seemed in much better shape than Tajima. 

In less than 65 days, there is a possiblity of FOUR Japanese SC's all reaching 114 years.

Tomoe Iwata, Shin Matsushita, Yoshio Bessho, Tane Yonekura

This is the next cohort of strong Japanese supercentenarians!

If Nabi Tajima is still around on 10th April (44 days time), she will become the third oldest person ever to have lived, at 117y 249d. Only Sarah Knauss (119y97d) and Jeanne Calment (122y164d) have ever done better.