Death Watch Beatle

Muhammad Ali

0407-ali-instagram-3.jpg

Here is a pic taken over the weekend from a TMZ article yesterday. Looks like he is physically frailer then he was earlier in the year.

• Like 1

True. This guy's like the black version of John Paul II or something, isn't he? No matter how incredibly frail and immobile he is they all still see him as a god and desperately want to be photographed with him before he croaks.

Or maybe he's just the best thing they got since Michael Jackson died, I dunno....

True. This guy's like the black version of John Paul II or something, isn't he? No matter how incredibly frail and immobile he is they all still see him as a god and desperately want to be photographed with him before he croaks.

Or maybe he's just the best thing they got since Michael Jackson died, I dunno....

More like a black version of Nelson Mandela.

Hah... well yeah I guess maybe I was trying to say he's like a Nelson Mandela for Americans.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2773374/Muhammad-Ali-honours-NFL-great-Jim-Brown-lifetime-humanitarian-achievement-award.html -Ali looks even frailer in these pictures taken recently. His legs look hollow and he doesn`t look like he knows where he is. Reminds me a bit of the pictures of Mandela several months before he died. I wonder whether the glasses are because of sight problems as well? I think we should put him on next years list.

Hard to believe he will last much longer looking as frail as that. Moves him into a "on-till-he's-gone" position on all my lists.

Surprised Muhammad Ali has lasted this long to be honest, it will be a sad day when he finally does, but he is certainly frailer and he has lost a lot of weight. Ali is as tough as old boots so he might surprise us and stick around longer than any of us expected but if he is still with us in another 2 or 3 years i would be surprised.

Surprised Muhammad Ali has lasted this long to be honest, it will be a sad day when he finally does, but he is certainly frailer and he has lost a lot of weight. Ali is as tough as old boots so he might surprise us and stick around longer than any of us expected but if he is still with us in another 2 or 3 years i would be surprised.

Having said that, he'll be dead tomorrow

So ill he can barely speak

*looks at DDP team* Hope he hangs on for at least another three months or so.

I thought he had been unable to speak for some time now, however it is obvious he is getting frailer and he is coming towards the end. I think it is more telling that he was unable to attend the Movie Premier about his life 'I am Ali' surely that is one event he would be desperate to attend, the fact he didn't could be telling. I think he might well make it to 2015, however i'm not sure he will still be with us in 2016, a must for next year.

BREAKING NEWS....Muhammad Ali close to death according to close family members http://deadline.com/...police-853408/. .this is gonna be a big one !

This is the correct link to the sad news about Muhammad Ali http://articles.econ...-oscar-bonavena

Saw the Frank Warren quotes the other day.He may have some inside knowledge from those close to Ali, but it is unlikely he will know the severity of his illness only Ali's close family and doctors will know that. I don't think he has at death's door yet as other members of his family have denied the quotes from his Brother, Ali is obviously declining as you can tell from recent photo's he is loosing weight fast and he looks ill. I think his close family are not telling the public the full extent of his decline as it is obvious to everyone he is not fine like they say. I still personally think he will see out the year, i think he probably has months left to live, i will be surprised if he is still alive for his 75th Birthday in just over 2 years time.

I think he will go next year.I think he needs to go in the top 10 next year!

Could DL be about to have its "greatest" miss? Ah but nevermind, we've still got Javier Perez de Wine Cellar....

Christ, if only Angelo Dundee had been at the DL committee meeting last year with a handful of his trademark smelling salts.

• Like 1

Could DL be about to have its "greatest" miss? An but nevermind, we've still got Javier Perez de Wine Cellar....

Christ, if only Angelo Dundee had been at the DL committee meeting last year with a handful of his trademark smelling salts.

Point of order - corpses not encouraged to attend committee meetings.

• Like 1

BREAKING NEWS....Muhammad Ali close to death according to close family members http://deadline.com/...police-853408/. .this is gonna be a big one !

This is the correct link to the sad news about Muhammad Ali http://articles.econ...-oscar-bonavena

Saw the Frank Warren quotes the other day.He may have some inside knowledge from those close to Ali, but it is unlikely he will know the severity of his illness only Ali's close family and doctors will know that. I don't think he has at death's door yet as other members of his family have denied the quotes from his Brother, Ali is obviously declining as you can tell from recent photo's he is loosing weight fast and he looks ill. I think his close family are not telling the public the full extent of his decline as it is obvious to everyone he is not fine like they say. I still personally think he will see out the year, i think he probably has months left to live, i will be surprised if he is still alive for his 75th Birthday in just over 2 years time.

Yeah, totally agree. His brother has attention grabbing form in this area. Hope the final days don't degenerate into the same unseamly land grab we saw with Nelson Mandela's nearest and dearest.

• Like 1

I think the Mandela comparison is relevant!Nelson Mandela was pictured by his family in the several months before his death!He looked like shit but carried on for nearly a year!I think Ali will do the same.In his recent "selfie " he appeared very frail but had good colour and recognised the camera as did Mandela.I would put him down for September 19th 2015.

I have no doubt this is an exaggeration. The reports of his demise are false.

How about outliving 53 opponents ..

Could DL be about to have its "greatest" miss? An but nevermind, we've still got Javier Perez de Wine Cellar....

Point of order - corpses not encouraged to attend committee meetings.

But if they enforced that rule there'd be no committee at all!

(I had a think about whether to hold back on making that remark because it's really taking committee-bashing to a whole new level. Especially since I just changed my avatar to a picture of a character who got in trouble because he wouldn't stop bad-mouthing a powerful elder. Then I remembered he just managed to get away with it through good fortune.)

Anyway if any committee members are offended by that remark maybe this amusing picture will placate/calm you somewhat:

muhammad_dali-1.jpg

Ok is probably an overstatement. What I read from it was that he is very frail but not in the final stages of Parkinson's yet but he is getting close. His illness is clearly slow so it won`t be a quick demise but like the DR said he could suddenly get life threatening complications such as pneumonia. Does everyone think he is worth a shot on next years list?

Another interesting snippit in Frank Warren's article is the recent heart attack suffered by Joe Bugner.

And the ongoing health issues of Leon Spinks, Ali has already outlived the vast majority of those he fought, including some - like Trevor Berbick - who were younger than him.

Ok is probably an overstatement. What I read from it was that he is very frail but not in the final stages of Parkinson's yet but he is getting close. His illness is clearly slow so it won`t be a quick demise but like the DR said he could suddenly get life threatening complications such as pneumonia. Does everyone think he is worth a shot on next years list?

Yes think he should be on the list for next year, he is too big a name to miss off and it is obvious despite the denials he is getting closer to the end. It may well happen next year, he could decline quite quickly if he carries on declining, the weight is dropping off him which is never a good sign. I agree he probably isn't at the end stages yet but if you look at photos of him from beginning of last year till now there is a dramatic difference and he is getting older, i think both his parents died in there mid 70's as well, though Ali will have the best medicine and treatment money can buy so that might slow things down a bit.

How could the committee not include the most famous sports person of all time when he is at his most frail condition?