harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

Golf: The 19th Hole

Amazed he doesn't have a thread of his own, but always seemed to be in fair health I guess.

A legend of the game (and a legend for my Hare's Pool points, sadly).

A surprise, no apparent sign of him going downhill- although he did recently appear in a commercial for a popular blood thinner- I guess it didn't save him though!

A replacement of my current DDP draft gone as well. There was a report (well, a couple of sentences in an article on some philantropic golf tourney) about his failing health a couple of weeks ago.

Wow, another hit, for me. This year is turning out to be decent, hits wise, for me. Given my usual hit amount. This is my second biggest year, so far. :D

i searched through 30 pages to find this thread so I could post news of Arnold Palmers death then gave up. someone must have found it before me !

anyway the news is real. it's all over the net already http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2016/09/25/arnold-palmer-obituary/1881465/

If you'd typed golf into the search box and selected forums, you would have found it straight away. :)

US_Masters_2011_089.jpg

I was lucky enough (as a golf fan) to get to go to the 2011 US Masters - here is a photo of Arnie during the par 3 competition (you are not allowed cameras in during the actual Masters competition) watched on by Nicklaus and Player.

He made it on to my 'List for Next Year' after this years Masters when he was not well enough to take part in the ceremonial drives to start the competition.

Sad day though - I think, because he lived to 87, a lot of people who remember how he changed the course of golf and sport are probably not around to make a fuss that he is gone.

Ali transcended sport in a way that Palmer did not, but Palmer made things in sport change across many sports probably in a way that Ali did not.

Allis giving tribute sounds warbly as fuck.

****moves up 79 places to almost a 2017 starting spot****

A surprise, no apparent sign of him going downhill- although he did recently appear in a commercial for a popular blood thinner- I guess it didn't save him though!

Have to admit I thought he sounded really creaky in that commercial. Guess it was an omen.

Have to admit I thought he sounded really creaky in that commercial. Guess it was an omen.

No that would have been Sylvester McCoy.

i searched through 30 pages to find this thread so I could post news of Arnold Palmers death then gave up. someone must have found it before me !

anyway the news is real. it's all over the net already http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2016/09/25/arnold-palmer-obituary/1881465/

If you'd typed golf into the search box and selected forums, you would have found it straight away. :)

thanks. i'll remember that next time !

Bernard Gallagher "critical" in hospital according to 5live. No other details at the mo, though I am sure he has had health probs afore.

1/This is the first Ryder Cup since 1967 that he has not attended as either player, coach or pundit.

:sherlock:

2/the post after the one quoted tipped up Palmer (although 2 years to early).

3/Jacklin is there, and sounds as if he is the undiscovered last WW1 vet alive.

Heard Gallagher on 5live this morning, and it's hard to glean much. He always has founded breathless and a quiet speaker.

But the fact he isn't a pundit for them , and they 'wished him well'makes me think he isn't up to it.

Dawn Coe-Jones, one of the most successful Canadians to play the LPGA, died of cancer early Saturday morning. She was 56.

Coe-Jones died under hospice care with family at her side near her home in Tampa, Fla.

SC

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/canadian-hofer-coe-jones-56-dies-cancer/

Wayne Westner, South African golfer who won the 1996 World Cup of Golf with Ernie Els, dead from a seemingly self-inflicted gunshot wound after taking his wife hostage.

Wayne Westner, South African golfer who won the 1996 World Cup of Golf with Ernie Els, dead from a seemingly self-inflicted gunshot wound after taking his wife hostage.

His last shot was a hole-in-one!

• Like 1

Shame he was a good junior actually, but never made it at major level.

Shame he was a good junior actually, but never made it at major level.

I'm guessing that's what his wife reminded him of day after day after day after day after.....

• Like 1

News coming in that former DDP pick John Jacobs, GB Ryder Cup player, has died aged 91. https://twitter.com/PGAinNorthants/status/819855144527466496

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jacobs_(English_golfer)

Hey he appeared in the 1955 Ryder Cup -- the same year as that Japanese tennis player dude won US Open Men's doubles for the first time. Something amiss with 1955 accomplishments. Someone needs to make a list.

SC