Brinsworth House Baiter

Been To Any Good Gigs Lately?

The Foos and Alice!!

Awesome

• Like 1

Ok, so I know that it isn't cool or cultured or mature and the majority of posters here won't give a shit but I don't care - I saw Take That at Wembley last night and in all my 23 years of attending concerts it was absolutely the best show I've ever been to by a mile. So much thought and effort went into the many costumes, dancers, the set, it was real entertainment, not just a bunch of blokes singing a few songs - it really was a brilliant night (putting aside the fact that it took us 2 hours to do 3 miles afterwards!) The Pet Shop Boys supported and they were very good too, although Neil Tennant wore a big black hat that made him look like Van Morrison who I absolutely can't stand. All in all a most excellent evening :)

Ok, so I know that it isn't cool or cultured or mature and the majority of posters here won't give a shit but I don't care - I saw Take That at Wembley last night and in all my 23 years of attending concerts it was absolutely the best show I've ever been to by a mile. So much thought and effort went into the many costumes, dancers, the set, it was real entertainment, not just a bunch of blokes singing a few songs - it really was a brilliant night (putting aside the fact that it took us 2 hours to do 3 miles afterwards!) The Pet Shop Boys supported and they were very good too, although Neil Tennant wore a big black hat that made him look like Van Morrison who I absolutely can't stand. All in all a most excellent evening :)

It may not be cool or cultured in some people's eyes LB, but I've heard the same thing from a few friends who have seen Take That on this tour. Like you, they thought it was one of the best concerts they had ever been to. Nothing beats a really good live show and it sounds like the boys put on a spectacular one.

It may not be cool or cultured in some people's eyes LB, but I've heard the same thing from a few friends who have seen Take That on this tour. Like you, they thought it was one of the best concerts they had ever been to. Nothing beats a really good live show and it sounds like the boys put on a spectacular one.

I often wish Robbie Williams hadn't fallen flat on his face over here. He is such an interesting self-flagellate.

Went to see Bryan Ferry tonight at Westonbirt. Excellent, some old favourites, some new, some Roxy numbers. Niiiiice.

Unfortunately the gig was marred for me by the tossers in front of us. Why would people fork out nearly forty quid a head to chatter, prattle, giggle and guffaw, largely ignoring the band, when they could have held their private conversations elsewhere free of charge, and not intruded on other people's enjoyment by ruining the atmosphere.

I now understand why you're not allowed to take umbrellas in. I wished I'd smuggled one in, the kind with a weighted handle and a sharp point on the end.

I recently attended a Rise Against concert at Bluesfest here in Ottawa. It was awesome, I had a wonderful time.

There were so many people in attendance, and when the band began to play everyone started pushing/crowding toward the stage and my boyfriend and I got smooshed amongst the crowd... it became somewhat hard to enjoy the show so we seeked refuge a bit further from the stage. It was my third time seeing Rise Against in concert (They're my favourite), and I hope to see them again and again. :angel5:

Going to see The Specials tomorrow night at Ally Pally. Can't wait!

2.gif

I might get a ticket for next years T In The Park (the see The Stone Roses). If they are still together by then

They are apparently one of the headline acts. And its 30 minutes along the road from me :)

Mrs MPFC, the Voice of Young Maryport and his young lady all joined me in appreciating the amusing genius that is Adam Bloom recently. Since we don't have a comedy gigs thread, thought I'd post the link to his site here. Some cracking jokes and ideas, especially the notion that you should drive round with a suicide note attached to your bumper so if you hit a pedestrian you can claim they dived!

http://www.adam-bloom.com/index.htm

I am going to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers in a couple of weeks, and I am currently lazing in bed, skiving work for the morning in order to purchase tickets today to see them at Knebworth next June. God bless the inventor of sick pay :D

As mentioned, saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers in Birmingham last night - great show, played a good mix of old and new with a couple of extremely funky surprises thrown in from old - the support band, Fool's Gold, however, were shit. They played what sounded like the same 'song' (for 'song' read 'cacophonous shite') for about 40 minutes. Absolute crap.

[T]he support band, Fool's Gold, however, were shit.

To quote Plautus: nomen sit omen.

regards,

Hein

I'm far too old to go to gigs now, but I did go to see Nick 'Basher' Lowe the other day. He looked like Elvis Costello-meets-Santa Claus and us fogeys got to sit down for the whole two hours for our 30 quid. No real ale on offer, but, heavens above, we were allowed out for a fag during the show. I look forward to reporting on my next gig in 2017, it'll probably be a Shamen reunion, comin' on strong with shamanic magic mystical music, or summat.

I don't suppose Chris Difford counts as a sleb-spot?

I couldn't be arsed to look further than the second page for a 'comedy gigs' thread so I'll post here - I'm going to see Milton Jones tonight in Bath, he is doing a fundraiser for a disabled kid's club that Eldest Lard volunteers at - I usually prefer much more offensive comedy, but he has on occasion made me quietly chortle on the telly - admittedly the thing I'm most looking forward to about the evening is that we're going to http://www.schwartzbros.co.uk/ first for tea - the actual best burgers ever invented in the history of cows.

I always forget about this thread.

Went to see Big Sandy & His Fly-Rite Boys last Friday, worked their merch table as Big Sandy's guitarist is a South London chap and we drank at the same pubs way back.

Had an awesome time, can't wait for their new album

Got tickets today for Ultravox.

Not just another 'nostalgia' tour, they have actually got together and made some new music - album 'Brilliant' is out on 28 May and sounds great from the snips I've heard.

http://soundcloud.co...liant-sampler-1

Funny how some of the old 80s bands are coming back with new material. PIL, Dexys, now Ultravox...

Rick Wakeman, Hawkwind, Curved Air, Focus, John Lees Barclay James Harvest and the Strawbs on one bill. Obit-worthy form-studying opportunities aplenty, and I've got a ticket. I'll let yers all know!

http://www.crystalpalacelocal.co.uk/music/844-crystal-palace-garden-party-2-day-rock-festival-at-the-crystal-palace-bowl

Hi

Went to see Django django in Cambridge on Friday. . . jolly good lively bunch lots of fun and good tunes. The suport band were also very good, both well worth the visit.

I am however left thinking it must be a little depressing trying to be cool creative pop star types when in your (very) early 20s and have half your audiance in their late 40s and early 50s, I felt right at home !

Best regards

Mike

I'm going to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers at Knebworth tomorrow - I will get absolutely fucking soaked. Again. Happily though, I am going with my brother and his girlfriend, who absolutely hate each other, so the in-car entertainment there and back should be brilliant fun!

I'm going to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers at Knebworth tomorrow - I will get absolutely fucking soaked. Again. Happily though, I am going with my brother and his girlfriend, who absolutely hate each other, so the in-car entertainment there and back should be brilliant fun!

Your brother and his girlfriend hate each other? Why don't they just stop seeing each other?

Your brother and his girlfriend hate each other? Why don't they just stop seeing each other?

Because that would be far too easy for them and a lot less fun for the rest of us! Plus my dad won't let my brother move back home (he's 35 and been with his bitch for 14 years) and he can't be bothered to find somewhere else to go! So he did the next best thing and got a job where he stays away all week.

Well, it was an OK show, the weather was shit which I think contributed to the not quite so good sound quality, Dizzee Rascal was quite fun to bounce up and down to, but on the whole I have to say I preferred the show at Birmingham last year. Bought a nice hat though. And my brother and his lady behaved themselves too! Got in at 430 this morning, and I'm still all Red Bulled up so haven't had any proper sleep yet, proper hangin' I am!

I was at the infamous Hyde Park gig on Saturday.

When the UK dates for Bruce Springsteen were announced, I was quite pissed off that there was no "proper" gig in the midlands or south, anyway we booked for HP. (Very much regret not making the effort to go to Paris or Dublin, but never mind.) Atrocious venue, far too many people, sound way too low and you all know what happened at the end.

Other than that Bruce and the band were terrific and there were some special moments, my favourite being

. And what a song it was! never heard it before but what a cracker.

Got the chance to see John Fogerty as well, in fact Bruce came on stage to introduce him and later joined him to play "Rockin' All Over The World".

I also told somebody to shut the fuck up and they did, which was very satisfying. Other than that we weren't too troubled by morons around us.

• Like 1