time

Saif Al-Islam Gaddafi

Reports coming in that Gaddafi's son Saif Al-Arab Gaddafi has been killed.

The news has been confirmed by Libyan TV. Several of Gadaffis grandchildren were also killed.Looks like Gadaffi himself may have just narowly avoided death. I wonder what impact this will have .

The news has been confirmed by Libyan TV. Several of Gadaffis grandchildren were also killed.Looks like Gadaffi himself may have just narowly avoided death. I wonder what impact this will have .

Berlusconi says that Saif al-Arab is not dead. He says all evidence suggests that Saif al-Arab isn't even living in Libya.

It looks like it was propaganda after all. Apparently the daughter Gadaffi claimed was killed by American airstrikes in the 1980s is still alive also.

Blah blah Twitter rumours blah blah.

Saif al-Islam - Gaddafi's son - has (according to some sources) been captured.

He was supposed to take over from his father...before things went pear shaped.

Guest Guest

It's looking increasingly liklely that Gaddafis son and heir-apparent Saif al islam has also been killed

It's looking increasingly liklely that Gaddafis son and heir-apparent Saif al islam has also been killed

oh well,. bang goes the Libyan remake of "Marathon Man", although they could still work in the line "Is it Saif?"

The most recent information suggests that he is somewhere in the southern deserts of Libya - still at large.

With regards your photo of dead Gaddafi - that is a fake which has been circulating since August.

Edit: Quickly edited because I can't read...

The most recent information suggests that he is somewhere in the southern deserts of Libya - still at large.

With regards your photo of dead Gaddafi - that is a fake which has been circulating since August.

*cough* ermmm

Within hours after confirmation that Colonel Gaddafi had been killed, Libyan state television said his son Saif al-Islam had suffered a similar fate.

Although this hasn't been confirmed, so it's just speculation at this point

*cough* ermmm

Within hours after confirmation that Colonel Gaddafi had been killed, Libyan state television said his son Saif al-Islam had suffered a similar fate.

My quick edit obviously wasn't quick enough. :rolleyes:

Still - it was only one line in the entire article. When/if Saif al-Islam is captured or killed, I'd expect more than one sentence.

*cough* ermmm

My quick edit obviously wasn't quick enough. :rolleyes:

Still - it was only one line in the entire article. When/if Saif al-Islam is captured or killed, I'd expect more than one sentence.

You must have edited it as I was grabbing the quote. :P

Although my favourite bit from the article has to be Hilary Clinton's comment

News of Gaddafi's death was greeted with shock around the world US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, about to begin a television interview, was handed her mobile phone with the news sent as a text message on it.

"Wow!" she said.

Saif al-Islam, Gaddafi's one time heir and most well known son, has been captured in Libya.

Given what happened to his father, it wouldn't surprise me if he is already dead and lying in the cold storage of the local branch of Tesco.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-15804299

Guest Guest

Saif al-Islam, Gaddafi's one time heir and most well known son, has been captured in Libya.

Given what happened to his father, it wouldn't surprise me if he is already dead and lying in the cold storage of the local branch of Tesco.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-15804299

The big question is , is Saif safe? Or will h e be found with a mystery bullet hole in his head by the end of the day.My moneys on the latter...

I think saif al-islam gaddafi should be on the list been captured awaiting trial with a good chance of being handed the death penalty ,or he may end up dying in jail to avoid a show trial .

So what are the predictions - accidentally offed during an overzealous 'interrogation' perhaps? Or maybe he'll pull a 'Milosevic'?

Whoops, I'd been under the impression he was gonna be tried by the ICC - silly me

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2080246/Gaddafis-son-Saif-al-Islam-finger-thumb-amputated-prison-cell-awaits-trial-Libya-war-crimes-corruption.html?ITO=1490

Had finger and thumb cut off hmmm wonder how that happened ??

Also i suggested saif for the deathlist 2012 on the ideas thread and its on the deathlist, so i don't know if it was my suggestion or maybe someone else suggested it before me ?

http://www.dailymail...n.html?ITO=1490

Also i suggested saif for the deathlist 2012 on the ideas thread and its on the deathlist, so i don't know if it was my suggestion or maybe someone else suggested it before me ?

Look at me!!

Interesting choice but a wrong one I think...

Perhaps the list of the dead could use fractions this year if Saif continues to be torn off a strip or taken down a peg, so to speak.

Perhaps the list of the dead could use fractions this year if Saif continues to be torn off a strip or taken down a peg, so to speak.

Perhaps we can start adding bodyparts together to collect one whole dead person? We've already got Zsa Zsa's leg.

• Like 1

I've got the man on a theme team and think this a good pick from the masterminds behind the masterlist. He's packs that killer combination of self-importance and paranoia that would see him off himself before the executioners got the chance. Be he wishes he'd never left the LSE now.

A bit of a daring pick this, considering the usual procession of 90 year olds that normally make up the list. Perhaps getting fewer hits than many on DDP manage with only 20 picks is a bit of a wake-up call.

Those teams who end up with more than 10 hits usually only achieve it by choosing people who are famous for being ill, or nobodies who might just achieve an obit because they are in the outer fringes of fame. Sadly the latter kind of candidate is on the rise because of the unique pick bonus. The fact of the matter is that if you have too many unique picks, it just means you haven't grasped the idea of a celebrity deadpool...not that I'm bitter or anything. :P

(I can't really speak because I have resorted to choosing such picks...Bruce Shand...Josie Grove...Robert Salmond...Dame Lesley Strathie...)

Lengthy article in today's Observer on the problem he poses in terms of fair trials etc. Ironic that his case is now becoming a focal point for arguments about justice and fair trials in general. It's the way his dad would have wanted it, right?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jan/07/saif-gaddafi-libya-human-rights

Guest Captain

Let's have more picks like this. Anyone can guess that someone in their 90's has a high chance of pegging it. Let's have a few more daring ones based on celebs high risk antics or dictators on the run. I wanted George Michael on this years list I even tried to bet a tenner with one of George's biggest fans that he wouldn't see the year out and even she wouldn't accept as she agreed he's headed for the pearly gates soon.

Said Al-Islam Gaffafi's lawyer has claimed that his client has been beaten by his jailers and is been held in isolation. It looks like he could be facing some interesting charges in court:

They also said that prosecutors had originally been told he would be tried for minor crimes involving a camel licence and fish farm irregularities :unsure: .

awww poor saif being mistreated im sure he never mistreated anyone or tried to deliberately infect people with HIV during his father's time in power .

A little bit of karma never hurt anyone apart from those who deserve it.