Windsor

Derby Dead Pool 2007

Oh, and CP, Bezzerides is still missing an obit, isn't that right? So, that's 4 we have to look out for? (internet bloke, Smyth, Bezza & Hamilton?)

There's one for Bezzerides and Smyth and a few for Hamilton and Betty that are technically UK based, but are obviously just reprints from U.S. sites, and since that didn't count for Rukeyser last year, they won't this year.

Maybe MIB can claim that he put this John Smyth in his pool... :lol:

Such links don't count in other scoring systems, if they did my man Michael Mayne would have earned me points in the CPDP on the basis of some Canadian papers linking to the UK news agencies.

For Gawd's sake MPFC when are you going to let Michael Mayne rest in peace? You picked him, you lost him. I have no sympathy with those who indulge in obscure people like snooker referees then bleat about it afterwards when their picks are, quite rightly, ignored in the mainstream media. You just can't let it lie.

Not bleating, just using it as a comparison. I take the man's death on the chin as a learning experience. It was a gamble that didn't pay off, genuinely thought his BBC time and the tonnage of archive they have of him would make him a good contender for the Radio Four obit show at least. Mind, I've learned to study rules carefully and think a bit before my picks. Quietly confident about one of my DDP picks, my team ain't up, said name hasn't appeared anywhere else, said person is a goner in 2007, paper obit = no chance, news coverage = a certainty. IMHO.

Quietly confident about one of my DDP picks, my team ain't up, said name hasn't appeared anywhere else, said person is a goner in 2007, paper obit = no chance, news coverage = a certainty. IMHO.

Come on then. Let's be having him/her. No need for mystery now. No further DDP knobbling is possible. I'm all ears. It's not that academic woman is it?

Rotten Ali is up to no good too... :lol:

He said that he chose the boxer Greg Page.

However the Greg Page that he's submitted is the Wiggle.

I think he should confirm once & for all which Greg Page he chose & stick to it. Otherwise that will be cheating if he or anyone else claims points for the wrong Greg Page...

Just been on to them this evening to put it right for me - sorry mr Wiggle but I've never heard of you before this year. In effect its half my fault since unlike last year I did not add the sinopsis one liner to confirm the pick. But, as has been noted here two ill people with the same name only adds to the confusion! I do assure you its not foul play on my part.

Quietly confident about one of my DDP picks, my team ain't up, said name hasn't appeared anywhere else, said person is a goner in 2007, paper obit = no chance, news coverage = a certainty. IMHO.

Come on then. Let's be having him/her. No need for mystery now. No further DDP knobbling is possible. I'm all ears. It's not that academic woman is it?

Academic? No....she's got Alzhiemers. We're talking Dorothy Webb, not exactly famous but her 64 year old son trades under the name of Sir Cliff Richard. TBH I'm surprised at her lack of representation in deadpools this year since Cliff went public on his pain at her present plight, also making it clear she's losing it large enough to suggest her days are numbered. She'll get press coverage for sure when she goes. Of course with well over half of the 446 teams still unaccounted for and about half of western civilisation chosen by those already there it'd be a minor miracle anytime any of gets a unique pick bonus.....but I'm hopin'.

Just been on to them this evening to put it right for me - sorry mr Wiggle but I've never heard of you before this year. In effect its half my fault since unlike last year I did not add the sinopsis one liner to confirm the pick. But, as has been noted here two ill people with the same name only adds to the confusion! I do assure you its not foul play on my part.

Ofcourse not.

I'm sure you could provide the number crunching to prove you chose x over y.

Ofcourse not.

I'm sure you could provide the number crunching to prove you chose x over y.

Don't know how this will print out but I've got you a cut and paste of the lines above and below Mr Greg Page the boxer:

15.00 8.85 15.00 15.59 38.40 0.00 1 Bettie Page 1 0.59 14 21.5 7 1923 0 0 0.00 0.00 0.00

100.00 104.00 100.00 1 101.04 208.40 90.00 1 Greg Page 90 brain dam. Coma paraylizwd left side wheelchair 2xflu resp failier sebis hypothermia seizures 1 1.04 9 64 9 1958 0 0 0.00 0.00 0.00

72.36 41.61 72.36 72.93 135.01 1 95.01 1 Ian Paisley 40 target rec prostate cancer 3.5 8 0.575 13 20 7 1926 27 27 1 0.11 6.75 7.86

No sign of any ill Wiggle:

Gregory John Page (born January 16, 1972 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia) is an Australian musician and actor. Page was a member of the Wiggles from the band's inception in 1991, until retiring due to ill health in November 2006.

In 2005 Page had to restrict his activities - and eventually return to Australia in the middle of a tour of the eastern United States and Puerto Rico) - because of a double abdominal hernia.

In the fall of 2006, Page once again missed numerous shows, this time the entire U.S tour after August, due to poor health. Generally, audiences were not informed until just before showtime. This created some controversy.

Illness and Retirement

In 2006, Page was diagnosed with a non-life-threatening yet chronic illness called orthostatic intolerance or POTS. Although the exact cause of Page's illness is unknown, it has been speculated that his 2005 bout with hernias exacerbated it to the point where it rendered him unable to tour with the Wiggles. His replacement for the lead Wiggle is Sam Moran.

On November 30, 2006, Page announced his retirement from The Wiggles due to the illness.

Page lives in Sydney with his wife, Michelle, and their two children, Blaine and Madison.

Academic? No....she's got Alzhiemers. We're talking Dorothy Webb, not exactly famous but her 64 year old son trades under the name of Sir Cliff Richard.

Dorothy Webb? Dorothy Webb? You have to be kidding me. My first reaction was "Oh good pick MPFC, surefire winner." Then I thought hang about a minute, if we were to start picking mums and dads of celebrities we'd have crossed so far over the nonentity line that we might as well be plucking names out of the Maryport telephone directory. She doesn't live in Maryport does she?

I guess you're right though. I expect she will get a news story, headed probably: Cliff's grief for his mother. But that isn't fame. It's not even Big Brother fame. There's scraping the bottom of the barrel and there's smashing a hole through it and digging down to the water table of mediocrity underpinning every society. Drowning in that well is Mrs Webb, the woman who once wiped Cliff Richard's arse. Some pick.

No, sorry RA. If anything, you've been clear who you meant from start to finish.

I just hope the others who picked him are. Though it isn't going to make much difference, I don't see either of them going, and in any case I'll probably end up mid-table anyway. :lol:

Jesus de Polanco has been listed twice, under D and P....

Academic? No....she's got Alzhiemers. We're talking Dorothy Webb, not exactly famous but her 64 year old son trades under the name of Sir Cliff Richard.

Dorothy Webb? Dorothy Webb? You have to be kidding me. My first reaction was "Oh good pick MPFC, surefire winner." Then I thought hang about a minute, if we were to start picking mums and dads of celebrities we'd have crossed so far over the nonentity line that we might as well be plucking names out of the Maryport telephone directory. She doesn't live in Maryport does she?

I guess you're right though. I expect she will get a news story, headed probably: Cliff's grief for his mother. But that isn't fame. It's not even Big Brother fame. There's scraping the bottom of the barrel and there's smashing a hole through it and digging down to the water table of mediocrity underpinning every society. Drowning in that well is Mrs Webb, the woman who once wiped Cliff Richard's arse. Some pick.

Aye but as I was reminded when Michael Mayne paid out nowt, rules is rules. And this little exchange of pleasantries started when I pointed out I'd learned the hard way to read the rules. DDP pays out when the press cover 'em, regardless. Josie Groves, Dorothy Webb and - someone else already mentioned on their site - suicide pact survivor Wendy Ainscow are scoring picks once their tickers don't tick on the DDP. Which is - sort of - the point.

Kudos to the great Baboon & Kid. All the stiffs are removed, the Greg Page & Jack Ramsay stuff cleared up before we'd even blinked to check twice.

and still nothing for Bezzerides, Smyth, Betty & Hamilton thus far.

Well, with Robert Anton Wilson dead, it waits to be seen if he'll get a UK obit. The main reason I didn't put him on my DDP was because I thought he was too obscure.

In other words, don't worry MIB, it'll be there soon enough. :rolleyes:

All the stiffs are removed

Except for Ruth Bernhard, unless my page isn't refreshing properly, which I think it's not, because I've been told Bezzerides is on the front page...

Well, with Robert Anton Wilson dead, it waits to be seen if he'll get a UK obit. The main reason I didn't put him on my DDP was because I thought he was too obscure.

In other words, don't worry MIB, it'll be there soon enough. :)

Except for Ruth Bernhard, unless my page isn't refreshing properly, which I think it's not, because I've been told Bezzerides is on the front page...

I will be irritated if Robert Anton Wilson doesn't get an obit

In other words, don't worry MIB, it'll be there soon enough. :lol:

Same here with Wilson and selection.

Now that really will be bad luck if Wilson doesn't get an obit either. :referee:

Yeah, Bernhard's still on on the version I have as well.. :)

In other words, don't worry MIB, it'll be there soon enough. :lol:

Same here with Wilson and selection.

Now that really will be bad luck if Wilson doesn't get an obit either. :referee:

Yeah, Bernhard's still on on the version I have as well.. :)

It could just be a matter of waiting, don't forget it was a good 2 weeks between Robert Earl Jones' death before an obit appeared anywhere

Talabani seeks executions delay

I am hoping that they quit delaying and get on with the Iraqi executions. There are some major points to be gained here. :)

Aye, them bastards just keep us hangin' around.

Aye, them bastards just keep us hangin' around.

Yeah, hopefully long enough so I can get the obits I need so I would sit at the top of the first

fully published table! :ghost:

It's the 13th tomorrow - isn't it? :ghost:

I won't be best pleased if they do it tomorrow - infact I will be so enraged I may have to bite myself just to calm down.