Anubis the Jackal

Country For Old Men (And Women)

Mentioned around these parts before, George Jones has been hospitalised with respiratory problems and cancelled all forthcoming concerts.

The race is on....

• Like 1

Today's been a rough day for the world of music. Jon Lord, Bob Babbitt and now Kitty Wells.

Just noticed on Wiki that Elliot Carter died and wonder if anyone else has posted yet...

Edit... Four hours behind the news, but he was 103 and had an extra stack of years behind him.

The American country singer Wade Hayes, 42, has been diagnosed with advanced colon cancer, according to unconfirmed reports on Twitter.

Almost a year after this post, Hayes is now cancer-free.

Looking at the piccie I'd say as 'cancer free' as Robin Gibb was. I'd give evens that next reports feature the words 'has spread to his liver'. I do love this site 'tis better for me amateur diagnosis game than Holby City.

The American country singer Wade Hayes, 42, has been diagnosed with advanced colon cancer, according to unconfirmed reports on Twitter.

Looking at the piccie I'd say as 'cancer free' as Robin Gibb was. I'd give evens that next reports feature the words 'has spread to his liver'. I do love this site 'tis better for me amateur diagnosis game than Holby City.

It is easy on Holby City the entire cast have Ash die back disease

It is easy on Holby City the entire cast have Ash die back disease

According to Scandinavian myth when the Ash fails 'tis the end of the world. Holby hasn't been the same since Meyer left, tho Hanson added a certain frisson.

Mickey Jones - formerly part of Kenny Rogers' First Edition - is on the hunt for a new kidney (UK obit chances marginal IMHO).

Link: http://www.mickeyjones.com/

Guest Guest

George Jones: The greatest American pop singer ever recorded

By Matthew Diebel, NBC News

Opinion: Johnny Cash had a stock answer to that oft-asked question, "Who is your favorite singer?" "You mean," he teased, "apart from George Jones?"

Yes, there's pretty much universal agreement among country singers that Jones, who died Friday at age 81, was the greatest of all time. From the oldies -- Cash, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard -- to the relative newbies -- Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, Randy Travis -- all were of one mind.

http://todayentertai...r-ever-recorded

Odd, I thought that he was already dead, for some reason, I thought he died, like last year, or the year before. :/

Guitarist Braxton Schuffert, another of Hank Williams' Drifting Cowboys, dead at the age of 97. He once released a solo album under the cunning nom de plume of Braxton Schooford, which hopefully convinced his redneck listeners that he was in no way German.

Slim Whitman, surprisingly never mentioned on this thread before (in fairness, I thought he'd been dead for 20 years), is now tumbling with the tumbleweeds aged 90.

Slim to none.

• Like 1