edit:

removed

• Like 1

Maybe not important enough to mention them but I am doing it anyway.

I am starting a post in honor of the pets who are not with us anymore.

My little blue parakeet, who I bought just two weeks after I started living on my own, has just died this morning. Without the cheerful sounds of my little buddy it will be very quit in my appartment.

Okay, resistance is futile.

It's not dead, it's just stunned.

Without the cheerful sounds of my little buddy it will be very quit in my appartment.

If you know anybody with a pet parakeet, record the sound of the chirping bird. Then play the tape around your house. That would make it less quiet, and on top of that you don't have to feed it or clean it. Everyones a winner.

But anyway - deepest sympathies...

Without the cheerful sounds of my little buddy it will be very quit in my appartment.

If you know anybody with a pet parakeet, record the sound of the chirping bird. Then play the tape around your house. That would make it less quiet, and on top of that you don't have to feed it or clean it. Everyones a winner.

I am going to keep him around, he's currently in my freezer ready to be stuffed.

There's a recession on:

Chicken Parakeet Tagine with Apricots and Almonds

yield: Makes 4 servings

active time: 30 min

total time: 1 1/2 hr

Ingredients

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon ground ginger

1/2 teaspoon turmeric

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1 1/4 teaspoons salt

3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil

1 chicken parakeet, cut into 6 (how big is your little buddy?) pieces, wings and backbone discarded

1 tablespoon unsalted butter

1 medium red onion, halved, then sliced 1/4 inch thick

4 garlic cloves, finely chopped

5 fresh cilantro

5 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley

1 1/2 cups water

2 tablespoons mild honey

1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick

1/2 cup dried Turkish apricots, separated into halves

1/3 cup whole blanched almonds

Special equipment: a 10- to 12-inch tagine or heavy skillet; kitchen string

Preparation: Stir together ground cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl. Add chicken parakeet and turn to coat well.

Heat butter and 1 tablespoon oil in base of tagine (or in skillet), uncovered, over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then brown half of chicken parakeet, skin sides down, turning over once, 8 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Brown remaining chicken parakeet in same manner, adding any spice mixture left in bowl.

Add onion and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to tagine and cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until soft, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Tie cilantro and parsley into a bundle with kitchen string and add to tagine along with 1/2 cup water, chicken, and any juices accumulated on plate. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 30 minutes.

While chicken parakeet cooks, bring honey, remaining cup water, cinnamon stick, and apricots to a boil in a 1- to 2-quart heavy saucepan, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until apricots are very tender (add more water if necessary). Once apricots are tender, simmer until liquid is reduced to a glaze, 10 to 15 minutes.

While apricots cook, heat remaining 1/4 cup oil in a small skillet over moderate heat and cook almonds, stirring occasionally, until just golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.

Ten minutes before chicken parakeet is done, add apricot mixture to tagine. Discard herbs and cinnamon stick, then serve chicken sprinkled with almonds on top.

Serve with Couscous leftover Trill.

Ear, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. So instead of stuffing it, why not get yourself a Lorikeet (Tahitian Lory)? They're blue too, and maybe Van Gogh even had one as a pet.

I think stuffed and nailed to a perch with a recorded loop of parakeet tweeting would be nice.

I am going to keep him around, he's currently in my freezer ready to be stuffed.

There's a recession on:

Chicken Parakeet Tagine with Apricots and Almonds

yield: Makes 4 servings

active time: 30 min

total time: 1 1/2 hr

Ingredients

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon ground ginger

1/2 teaspoon turmeric

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1 1/4 teaspoons salt

3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil

1 chicken parakeet, cut into 6 (how big is your little buddy?) pieces, wings and backbone discarded

1 tablespoon unsalted butter

1 medium red onion, halved, then sliced 1/4 inch thick

4 garlic cloves, finely chopped

5 fresh cilantro

5 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley

1 1/2 cups water

2 tablespoons mild honey

1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick

1/2 cup dried Turkish apricots, separated into halves

1/3 cup whole blanched almonds

Special equipment: a 10- to 12-inch tagine or heavy skillet; kitchen string

Preparation: Stir together ground cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl. Add chicken parakeet and turn to coat well.

Heat butter and 1 tablespoon oil in base of tagine (or in skillet), uncovered, over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then brown half of chicken parakeet, skin sides down, turning over once, 8 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Brown remaining chicken parakeet in same manner, adding any spice mixture left in bowl.

Add onion and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to tagine and cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until soft, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Tie cilantro and parsley into a bundle with kitchen string and add to tagine along with 1/2 cup water, chicken, and any juices accumulated on plate. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 30 minutes.

While chicken parakeet cooks, bring honey, remaining cup water, cinnamon stick, and apricots to a boil in a 1- to 2-quart heavy saucepan, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until apricots are very tender (add more water if necessary). Once apricots are tender, simmer until liquid is reduced to a glaze, 10 to 15 minutes.

While apricots cook, heat remaining 1/4 cup oil in a small skillet over moderate heat and cook almonds, stirring occasionally, until just golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.

Ten minutes before chicken parakeet is done, add apricot mixture to tagine. Discard herbs and cinnamon stick, then serve chicken sprinkled with almonds on top.

Serve with Couscous leftover Trill.

Four servings with one parakeet????????

. Without the cheerful sounds of my little buddy it will be very quit in my appartment.

Give me a thousand dollars a week and I'll move in an make all the noise you want. I won't chirp but I can burp on command.

. Without the cheerful sounds of my little buddy it will be very quit in my appartment.

Give me a thousand dollars a week and I'll move in an make all the noise you want. I won't chirp but I can burp on command.

Well I will do it for 250 Euros per week, a Cuttlefish and a daily fresh copy of The Independent lining the bottom of my cage.

Well I will do it for 250 Euros per week, a Cuttlefish and a daily fresh copy of The Independent lining the bottom of my cage.

Euros? EUROS? Where's your British spunk, man?

Sticking the Independent to the bottom of the cage is my guess.

Sticking the Independent to the bottom of the cage is my guess.

With my sex life as it is, its probably the only thing i can look forward to :lol:

249 Euros, but it must be the Daily Telegraph. Not too good at burping on demand, but can fart a little instead.

249 Euros, but it must be the Daily Telegraph. Not too good at burping on demand, but can fart a little instead.

248 Euros, but it must be the New York Post Editorial page. I can coo like a dove, and also burp at will.

248 Euros, but it must be the New York Post Editorial page. I can coo like a dove, and also burp at will.

240 euros, wireless access, and I have a bird call.

240 euros, wireless access, and I have a bird call.

I'll do it for a sausage sandwich and a copy of Viz.

Because I clearly posted enough pointless posts can the moderators atleast remove these three useless threads

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...l=screenwriters

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...=death+sentence

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...=death+sentence

Thank you in advance

Bloody hell!!

There is nothing pointless in threads and posts that generate responses, good or bad.

Lighten up!!

He isn't death, but i wanted to introduce you guys to Schubje, my new pet lizard.

I know some of you don't care about this, but please don't direct a lot of hate towards me.

I seldom post on this site these days and used one of my own old threads to post it in.

He's cute. I like lizards, but it won't work here. Five cocker spaniels and two cats v. one lizard. Potentially not good.

Vaagheid: why have you been removing all your previous posts? It's making threads like this even more incomprehensible than they already were...

I'm glad to see you've gotten a new pet; he's really cool!

BTW, I'm not Dutch, or an uncle either, but I'd like to express my opinion on something here if you don't mind. If you've got an OCD or something similar, I suppose there's nothing to be done, but if not, read on:

If you truly believe that people are being hateful toward you, then I think you should either advise them to f*ck off or ignore them completely. Denigrating yourself, or eclipsing yourself by editing out posts is only affirming the negative (or what you perceive to be negative) opinions of others.

Ignore those who do not appreciate animals; they don't get it.

As for pointless posts - which this one is rapidly becoming I'm afraid - who is to judge? One man's pointless post is another man's revelation.

People have put forth many fascinating theories about the beginning and end of the universe. No one, as far as I know, has ever come up with a credible theory as to the point of it all.

• Like 1

People have put forth many fascinating theories about the beginning and end of the universe. No one, as far as I know, has ever come up with a credible theory as to the point of it all.

Credible, no, but I still swear by Douglas Adams.

• Like 1