Davey Jones' Locker

What Do You Think Of The 2015 Death List?

So, let's give our predictions for what the 2015 list is going to look like on January 1, 2016.

DEATHLIST 2015

16/50

February 27, 2015: Leonard Nimoy

March 8, 2015: Sam Simon

May 14, 2015: B. B. King

May 23, 2015: John Nash

June 7, 2015: Christopher Lee

June 15, 2015: Kirk Kerkorian

June 23, 2015: Chris Woodhead

June 25, 2015: Patrick MacNee

July 29, 2015: Peter O'Sullevan

August 5, 2015: George Cole

September 19, 2015: Valerie Harper

September 30, 2015: Zsa Zsa Gabor

October 6, 2015: Martin Crowe

November 4, 2015: Clive James

November 17, 2015: Nancy Reagan

December 13, 2015: Bhumibol Adulyadej

20/50

August 21, 2015:Zsa Zsa Gabor

September 1, 2015:Martin Crowe

Setember 4, 2015:Helmut Kohl

September 26, 2015:Leslie Phillips

October 15, 2015:Billy Graham

October 26 ,2015:Bhumibol Adulyadej

November 22, 2015:João Havelange

December 19, 2015:Denis Norden

December 25, 2015:George H.W Bush

Decmber 27, 2015:Peter Sallis

So, let's give our predictions for what the 2015 list is going to look like on January 1, 2016.

DEATHLIST 2015

16/50

September 19, 2015: Valerie Harper

September 30, 2015: Zsa Zsa Gabor

October 6, 2015: Martin Crowe

November 4, 2015: Clive James

November 17, 2015: Nancy Reagan

December 13, 2015: Bhumibol Adulyadej

20/50

August 21, 2015:Zsa Zsa Gabor

September 1, 2015:Martin Crowe

Setember 4, 2015:Helmut Kohl

September 26, 2015:Leslie Phillips

October 15, 2015:Billy Graham

October 26 ,2015:Bhumibol Adulyadej

November 22, 2015:João Havelange

December 19, 2015:Denis Norden

December 25, 2015:George H.W Bush

Decmber 27, 2015:Peter Sallis

Well, that's optimistic! Didn't even include Clive or Valerie.

Who knows? It is a good list, I definitely think it'll break the record.

DEATHLIST 2015

16/50

August 27, 2015 Leslie Philips

September 3, 2015 Martin Crowe

September 30, 2015 João Havelange

November 12, 2015 Valerie Harper

December 25, 2015 Billy Graham

December 31, 2015 Zsa Zsa Gabor

DEATHLIST 2015

16/50

September 10, 2015: Javier Perez de Cuellar

September 25, 2015: Valerie Harper

October 4, 2015: Martin Crowe

October 17, 2015: Bhumibol Adulyadej

November 26, 2015: Clive James

December 16, 2015: Zsa Zsa Gabor

10/50

Just to dampen down the enthusiasm.

• Like 3

Was hoping there'd be more entries on this, only 4 so far.

Although it is less than three weeks since George died it is beginning to feel like a lull. There are only 18 weeks left in this year and if we have to wait four weeks between each hit then we will struggle to break the record.

• Like 2

It is now a full month since the last hit and apart from the flurry of activity with Joy Wright and Oliver Sacks there has not been a lot of noticable deaths since George.

Are we waiting for a big one or entering the becalmed waters for the rest of the year?

It is now a full month since the last hit and apart from the flurry of activity with Joy Wright and Oliver Sacks there has not been a lot of noticable deaths since George.

Are we waiting for a big one or entering the becalmed waters for the rest of the year?

Reckon we have an absolutely massive death coming up. Prince Philip, Zsa Zsa Gabor or Pope Benedict Emeretus at the least.

• Like 2

Reckon we have an absolutely massive death coming up. Prince Philip, Zsa Zsa Gabor or Pope Benedict Emeretus at the least.

Hopefully. I can't think of any massive deaths so far this year, such as Thatcher and Mandela in 2013.

Typically August and Sept are slower death months particularly in regards to the low hanging fruit variety that make up most of the top 50. Usually the last 5-6 weeks of the year leads to a lot of old timers going and people scrambling to replace names for their list of next year.

• Like 1

I am still willing to back this list and the DL committee.Last year I thought they were perhaps a little too risky but this year I think they have been really good.The only two I think they really should have had on this list were Muhammad Ali and Sir Nicholas Winton and only one of them has died.When I first saw the list the only two picks I thought seemed a bit crummy were Nash and Kerkorian and they have both carked it.They brought back some old candidates like George Cole and Patrick Macnee which proved successful and have a fair number of regular candidates who we don`t want to miss when they eventually go such as Douglas, Graham, Gabor ,Havelange, Molinaro, LaMotta ,de Havilland, Schmidt and Castro.Ten hits by August is impressive in itself and even quite a few of the candidates who are still with us now have showed a lot of potential.Leslie Phillips stopped breathing at the beginning of the year but was revived so that was a close call. Helmut Kohl has been in intensive care ,Valerie Harper had a funny turn a few weeks ago,Helmut Schmidt had a blood clot in his leg,Clive James cancer has come out of remission,George Bush broke his neck in a fall , Bhumibol has continued to suffer various ailments and Crowe looks like a dead cert for this year.All in all a good effort so far I have to say.

• Like 1

is this now the longest we have waited for a death this year? i make it 39 days.

I imagine we cant be too far off the longest wait this year

is this now the longest we have waited for a death this year? i make it 39 days.

I imagine we cant be too far off the longest wait this year

Heck no!

We didn't have any hits for the first 57 days, and after our 2nd hit (Simon) we waited 67 days until B.B. King died.

• Like 1

wow. they must have come in clutches after that. So what your telling me is that we have to get to October 15th untill that record is beaten

wow. they must have come in clutches after that. So what your telling me is that we have to get to October 15th untill that record is beaten

October 12th, I think. What ever. I'm pretty sure both Martin Crowe and Bhumibol will die this month.

October 12th, I think. What ever. I'm pretty sure both Martin Crowe and Bhumibol will die this month.
You're pretty sure. Great!

OK. We are over 50 days since the last death.

We have four world leaders who have been either in or out of hospital or at least caused speculation about their health.

Three cancer suffers who seem to be clinging on with all their might

Add to that ZZG, Kirk Douglas & Billy Graham.

Why can't we get to 20 by the end of the year?

Especially as those who have gone have been the left field 'surprises'.

I am thinking we are due a big one but it may be off list.

Carter?

We have four world leaders who have been either in or out of hospital or at least caused speculation about their health.

Carter?

Nah I reckon Carter has a few months left.We are certainly due now.Crowe or King Bhumibol seem the most likely.

Carter?

Nah I reckon Carter has a few months left.We are certainly due now.Crowe or King Bhumibol seem the most likely.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Carter will see 2016.

Bhumibol seems most likely, but tbh, half of the people on DL could go any day now.

True! Billy Graham seems to have gone off the radar since last year.Can`t be too long for him now.Valerie Harper has also not been seen or heard of in public since confirming she wasn`t in a coma several weeks ago.Schmidt also has to have more surgery at some point so there`s a high chance of him going before 2016.

True! Billy Graham seems to have gone off the radar since last year.Can`t be too long for him now.Valerie Harper has also not been seen or heard of in public since confirming she wasn`t in a coma several weeks ago.Schmidt also has to have more surgery at some point so there`s a high chance of him going before 2016.

Yeah, hasn't been news on Crowe and Harper for about 2 months now. I'm curious how they're doing.

Nobody wants a long list, so tough.

Thoughts on the surviving 2015 class.

- Zsa Zsa: immortal? Well, she'll go one day, probably when we least expect it.

- Joao Havelange: hospitalised last year, probably doing a Pinochet, but is very old, and has gone quite quiet since resigning from all jobs due to corruption in 2013. Will be dead by December 2016 at the latest.

- Herman Wouk: Have a gut feeling he'll go before Christmas, based solely on the recent trend for notable centenarians dropping off within 7 months of their century! He did seem in fairly good nick when interviewed for his birthday, but again, he wont have many of those left.

- Rev Billy Graham: allegedly very ill. Allegedly a bit of a publicity whore too, mind you.

- Oliva de Havilland: Not going anywhere just yet. She seems in better nick than Luise Rainer did at her age, she still replies to fan mail, gives interviews, and does meet and greet type things.

- Javier Perez de Cuellar: Haven't a clue.

- Denis Healey: looked notably weaker when interviewed this Summer, admittedly it was by that Casual Politics guy. He's in injury time.

George Bush Sr: At this rate, he's going to a do a Adams/Jefferson with Jimmy.

Prince Philip: Still got another few years in him yet, I think. He's got the fight in him and the best care money can buy.

Helmut Schmidt: Looking precarious the now.

Fidel Castro: No clue. He was able to speak to Francis though.

Kirk Douglas: alleged evil never dies. He's still pottering along though.

Clive James: Will be here in 5 years time.

Al Molinaro: Haven't a clue. Could die tommorow, could be dead already.

Valerie Harper: Will be here in 2017. Her terminal cancer was slow in 2014, and hadn't progressed by this Summer. Seems like a slow burner...

Maureen O'Hara: Fairly chatty this year after the Honorary Oscar, "enjoying retirement", though wheelchair bound and cared for by a grandson. Will she go in the next 10 weeks? Doubt it.

Martin Crowe: Will go in the next 12 months at some point. Oct 2014, given 12 months to live (so for all the talk of lingering, he's not outdone his doctors prognosis yet). Feb 2015, still looking healthy. April 2015, significantly weaker. July 2015, momentarily in a hospice for care while family away. Frequently in the media until April time. An expert could probably tell us exactly how long he has left based on that deterioration scale. He was sleeping 15 hour a day in March...

Bhumibol Adulyadej: He's very ill, but then, so is Zsa Zsa.

Helmut Kohl: Well, they did seem to be preparing the news when he had surgery. And he had a few strokes recently too. Taking the Ruth Rendell longevity into account, 4 months after critical stroke, he might go next week for all we know. [While he's had to cancel a few public engagements, his office continue to claim he's making "encouraging progress".]

Leslie Phillip: Very quiet. Very, very quiet. Was acting up to 2012, doing stage two years ago, did some things after his last big health scare. Then, his stroke this year and... quiet. Ominous.

Ken Kercheval: Haven't a clue why he's on the list. Maybe they regret missing out on Hagman.

Harper Lee: Not going anytime soon.

Bob Dole: Able to make jokes, in September 2015, about running for the Presidency again. Not going anywhere.

Joost van der Westhuizen: Seems a long time ago he was cheating on his wife with the neurologist. Only 2012. Compare video of him a year ago (when he was frail but still looked fairly like an ex-player) to footage from this week (where he looks like a cancer patient). I think he'll linger on, but we can count the number of Hogmanays he'll see left on one finger.

Doris Day: No return to acting, alas.

Peter Sallis: recently his family asked fans not to send him any more fanmail, as he is unable to respond to it. Has macular degeneration and other problems. He'll be gone within 18 months, and it will be a sad day.

Denis Norden: Still does interviews, and shows up on the radio now and again. No longer on the TV as he's entirely blind these days due to macular degeneration, but that's not fatal in itself.

Henry Kissinger: Mephistopheles hasn't arrived for his debt, yet. Looks much like he did 10 years ago in interviews.

Jake La Motta: Still doing appearances.

Cliff Michelmore: Went into splendid retirement nearly 25 years ago, and is very private. Rarely gives interviews. Showed up for a few documentaries on the BBC around 2009 and looked much the same as ever. Short of an illness - which we wont hear of in advance - he'll be around for a while yet.

Nancy Reagan - I think we'll get plenty of advance warning on her going.

Hosni Mubarak: As long as he has health issues, he remains in hospital and not in jail. As a result, I think he's "doing a Pinochet".

Liz Smith: Quiet, but she is 94.

Robert Mugabe: Possibly going doolally. How tragic. He's not going this year.

Chuck Berry: Nah.

Richard Adams: Tends to give interviews, though his last big one was in January.

Jake the Snake: Maybe next year, try Superfly? Jake is the list's cockroach, he'll survive anything.

Vera Lynn: Reports she's getting quite frail, actually, so possible.

Eddie Large, Bill Maynard: Haven't a clue.

So that was a long diversion from "Leslie Philips has been a bit quiet" but these things happen. Actually, knowing how its gone this year, all the old names assumed to be doing alright will now die. Apologies in advance to all Cliff Michelmore fans then.

• Like 6