Sign in to follow this  
Davey Jones' Locker

Deathlist Drought

Are we in record-breaking territory yet with regard to the wait for a first hit of the year? What was the previous slowest start? I don't mind the wait, by the way - the tension is building for that elusive first hit.

Guest Too lazy to sign up

Are we in record-breaking territory yet with regard to the wait for a first hit of the year? What was the previous slowest start? I don't mind the wait, by the way - the tension is building for that elusive first hit.

It will be someone that has been under the radar who will go first. It is almost March!

It will be someone that has been under the radar who will go first. It is almost March!

How many of these celebs even have radars and why would they sit under them instead of on a nice chair?

• Like 1

If only Denis Howell was still alive!

• Like 1

Long long way to go -none died in 1991

• Like 1

2nd June 1987 to 23rd January 1989 (if you accept the recent theory, put forward by one of the committee, that there wasn't actually an 1988 Deathlist) and 18th May 1990 to 23rd March 1992 are the longest periods without a hit.

But Davey, I remind you - what year holds the Deathlist record? 2003. And there was no hits back then until March!

• Like 1

Sam Simon Martin Crowe and Leslie Phillips are the only dead certs for this year.There are many others who are incredibly decrepit though .This year feels like one of those penny slot machines that you think must drop something soon.

• Like 1

It's not that long really. Back in the 20th century most Deathlists had like 5 hits. I'm sure we'll get at least 10 this year.

It's not that long really. Back in the 20th century most Deathlists had like 5 hits. I'm sure we'll get at least 10 this year.

Yeah, we've got talent on the long list, have faith, or summat. I'd say 9-10 of them will go, eventually.

• Like 1

2nd June 1987 to 23rd January 1989 (if you accept the recent theory, put forward by one of the committee, that there wasn't actually an 1988 Deathlist) and 18th May 1990 to 23rd March 1992 are the longest periods without a hit.

But Davey, I remind you - what year holds the Deathlist record? 2003. And there was no hits back then until March!

Bizarre interpreation of the record. We've got a long way to go before we beat any records..

This how I see it...

The record depends on how you phrase it:

Longest time without a hit within the year would go to 1991 and 1989 shared

Longest time until the first hit would go to 1987

Either way we've a long wait to break either record and declare an absolute drought. Judging by the records below the end of march could be classed as a significant drought as it would beat all bar 2 active and 1 dead year in the Deathlist history. Anyway which way no need to head to panic stations for another month or so.

----First hit of the year-----

1991 - No hits whatsoever

1988 - No hits whatsoever - potentially no list.

1987 - 2nd Jun

1992 - 23rd March

2004 - 20th March

2007 - 7th March

2003 - 5th March

2002 - 23rd Feb

2001 - 20th Feb

1997 - 19th Feb

---- We've beaten these years for the drought length within that individual year---- Will be moved as applicable.

2014 - 12th Feb

1999 - 5th Feb

2005 - 4th Feb

2010 - 28th Jan

1989 - 23rd Jan

2000 - 22nd Jan

1995 - 22nd Jan

2013 - 21st Jan

2012 - 20th Jan

2009 - 14th Jan

2008 - 10th Jan

1990 - 8th Jan

1996 - 8th Jan

2006 - 6th Jan

1993 - 6th Jan

1994 - 5th Jan

2011 - 4th Jan

1998 - 2nd Jan

• Like 2

Bizarre interpreation of the record. We've got a long way to go before we beat any records..

This how I see it...

Either way we've a long wait to break either record and declare an absolute drought. Judging by the records below the end of march could be classed as a significant drought as it would beat all bar 2 active and 1 dead year in the Deathlist history. Anyway which way no need to head to panic stations for another month or so.

1989 - No hits whatsoever - potentially no list.

1987 - 2nd Jun

1992 - 23rd March

2004 - 20th March

2007 - 7th March

2003 - 5th March

2002 - 23rd Feb

2001 - 20th Feb

1997 - 19th Feb

---- We've beaten these years for the drought length within that individual year---- Will be moved as applicable.

2014 - 12th Feb

1999 - 5th Feb

2005 - 4th Feb

2010 - 28th Jan

1989 - 23rd Jan

2000 - 22nd Jan

1995 - 22nd Jan

2013 - 21st Jan

2012 - 20th Jan

2009 - 14th Jan

2008 - 10th Jan

1990 - 8th Jan

1996 - 8th Jan

2006 - 6th Jan

1993 - 6th Jan

1994 - 5th Jan

2011 - 4th Jan

1998 - 2nd Jan

Actually, the year with possibly no list was 1988.

BTW, you forgot to cross out Ethel Lang from your shadow list.

• Like 1

This how I see it...

1987 - 2nd Jun

1992 - 23rd March

2004 - 20th March

2007 - 7th March

2003 - 5th March

2002 - 23rd Feb

2001 - 20th Feb

1997 - 19th Feb

2014 - 12th Feb

1999 - 5th Feb

2005 - 4th Feb

2010 - 28th Jan

1989 - 23rd Jan

2000 - 22nd Jan

1995 - 22nd Jan

2013 - 21st Jan

2012 - 20th Jan

2009 - 14th Jan

2008 - 10th Jan

1990 - 8th Jan

1996 - 8th Jan

2006 - 6th Jan

1993 - 6th Jan

1994 - 5th Jan

2011 - 4th Jan

1998 - 2nd Jan

Cheers. Didn't realise we went hitless a few times in the early days. Anyway, it looks like we have to wait another month to beat the record for this century.

I figured this would be a good thread to have since we can come here to whinge any time there is a long dry spell in the future.

This is the result of incredibly poor selections, as I've pointed out earlier with specific names, to zero retorts with medical evidence to the contrary. GIGO.

Sir Creep.

This is the result of incredibly poor selections, as I've pointed out earlier with specific names, to zero retorts with medical evidence to the contrary. GIGO.

Sir Creep.

Git Illustrates Gormless Opinion?

This how I see it...

1987 - 2nd Jun

1992 - 23rd March

2004 - 20th March

2007 - 7th March

2003 - 5th March

2002 - 23rd Feb

2001 - 20th Feb

1997 - 19th Feb

2014 - 12th Feb

1999 - 5th Feb

2005 - 4th Feb

2010 - 28th Jan

1989 - 23rd Jan

2000 - 22nd Jan

1995 - 22nd Jan

2013 - 21st Jan

2012 - 20th Jan

2009 - 14th Jan

2008 - 10th Jan

1990 - 8th Jan

1996 - 8th Jan

2006 - 6th Jan

1993 - 6th Jan

1994 - 5th Jan

2011 - 4th Jan

1998 - 2nd Jan

Cheers. Didn't realise we went hitless a few times in the early days. Anyway, it looks like we have to wait another month to beat the record for this century.

I figured this would be a good thread to have since we can come here to whinge any time there is a long dry spell in the future.

We went hitless once. We're not quite sure on '88 as no-one seems able to confirm whether any list existed in the first place. Let alone whether any hits were scored during that year.

We're not quite sure on '88 as no-one seems able to confirm whether any list existed in the first place. Let alone whether any hits were scored during that year.

Ah, the Legend of the Lost List. Perhaps we could sneak that in the plot of DeathList, the Movie.

regards,

Hein

• Like 2

We're not quite sure on '88 as no-one seems able to confirm whether any list existed in the first place. Let alone whether any hits were scored during that year.

Ah, the Legend of the Lost List. Perhaps we could sneak that in the plot of DeathList, the Movie.

regards,

Hein

We could always do what they did with the booker prize and compile the list retrospectively.

Wow we got 50/50

regards,

Hein

We could always do what they did with the booker prize and compile the list retrospectively.

Wow we got 50/50

The list taking a punt on Roy Orbison, Hal Ashby and Roy Kinnear was the kind of soothsaying we just don't get in these calculated times...

(The only person who knows if the 88 list happened or not is the Grim Reaper chap as part of the original team. Though Harry did seem to suggest years ago he vaguely recalled names off of it, so who knows? I can't find the post which suggested it didn't happen, but it did exist.)

regards,

Hein

Wow we got 50/50

The list taking a punt on Roy Orbison, Hal Ashby and Roy Kinnear was the kind of soothsaying we just don't get in these calculated times...

(The only person who knows if the 88 list happened or not is the Grim Reaper chap as part of the original team. Though Harry did seem to suggest years ago he vaguely recalled names off of it, so who knows? I can't find the post which suggested it didn't happen, but it did exist.)

Cowboy Ronnie post from 2006

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=4046&page=2#entry82208

It's worth noting that we could well see out the end of February with the #2 spot in the DDP being held by a theme team who have had just one hit, so to slap the DL around for a lack of hits isn't really fair.

• Like 1

We shouldn't worry, really. Deathlist 2003 had 14 hits, but the first wasn't until March.

*Edit* Oops, I just realized that somebody else already mentioned this. Therefore, this comment is useless. Dang it.

It's worth noting that we could well see out the end of February with the #2 spot in the DDP being held by a theme team who have had just one hit, so to slap the DL around for a lack of hits isn't really fair.

They've got the number #1 spot at the minute.

They've got the number #1 spot at the minute.

John McCabe died so Thomas Jefferson Survives will rise to the top in the next update.

I won't quite reach the top, Crazycarl picked Ed Sabol so that'll make a higher total than mine by a single point.

The "drought" is over. RIP Leonard Nimoy.