MadMac

Rowdy Roddy Piper

What about Canadian pro wrestler "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, just diagnosed with Lymphoma? Only 52, and certainly passes the "fame" test. Got to be worth considering.

What about Canadian pro wrestler "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, just diagnosed with Lymphoma? Only 52, and certainly passes the "fame" test. Got to be worth considering.

Relevant article.

Not sure what to think about this one, not enough information yet. One to watch though for sure.

Brought this up elsewhere, but one to watch may well be wrestler Roddy Piper, suffering from Lymphoma.

Brought this up elsewhere, but one to watch may well be wrestler Roddy Piper, suffering from Lymphoma.

saw evel kneivel was given 3yrs to live 2 yrs ago - may be worth a shout

I think Piper's a good shout. I'd be tempted to continue Margaret Thatcher's inclusion too.

• Like 1

The quote said "just" diagnosed. I was under the impression this was a two or three year life expectancy. Anyway the guy is unknown and quote first comes from someone who self confesses to being "mad" in his own name! I'm going to be rotten here and say sorry "not DL material."

The quote said "just" diagnosed. I was under the impression this was a two or three year life expectancy. Anyway the guy is unknown and quote first comes from someone who self confesses to being "mad" in his own name! I'm going to be rotten here and say sorry "not DL material."

To be honest I didn't even know he had a chance of being on Deathlist. I would have entered Paverotti over him anyday.

Rowdy Roddy Piper, now there's a name I never thought I'd see on deathlist 2007. Speaking of pro-wrestlers, nothing amazes me more than knowing that Scott Hall and Kevin Nash are still alive. I honestly expected Kevin Nash to have been dead in 2005 when he suffered his heart attack.

Rite rowdy roddy piper is really famous if you watch wrestling won most title and been

in some of the biggest storyline in the wwf also he been induce into the wwf Hall of Fame.

I dont reckon he die this year personnally

... and been

in some of the biggest storyline in the wwf ...

So he's an actor?

How does a sport have a storyline?

With appropriate treatment, over 85% of Hodgkin's lymphoma cases are curable.

So, I think he will survive...

... and been

So he's an actor?

Yes i suppose u can call them actors any way u looked at it it just a form of entertainment that some ppl

enjoy watching.

Is sport entertainment and alot of the fights are fixed and they used angels to attract ppl

some storylines are gd some are complete c***.

Yes i suppose u can call them actors any way u looked at it it just a form of entertainment that some ppl

enjoy watching.

Is sport entertainment and alot of the fights are fixed and they used angels to attract ppl

angles or angels?

angles or angels?

Or Angles, maybe? It's a mystery how they would attract people, but who knows?

regards,

Hein

I honestly can't see a Roddy Piper obit.

And that's not his real name. If he was realyl Scottish, yes, but he's Canadian.

The only wrestler who would get a UK obit is Hulk Hogan, surely?

I honestly can't see a Roddy Piper obit.

And that's not his real name. If he was realyl Scottish, yes, but he's Canadian.

Aren't you a journalist? Sort it out for us, then!

Guest Guest

... and been

So he's an actor?

enjoy watching.

Just think of it as a soap opera. That takes place inside a ring. In various arenas around the world. With sweaty, 300 lb. men. Sports meets soap operas.

angles or angels?

Or Angles, maybe? It's a mystery how they would attract people, but who knows?

regards,

Hein

Given the relatively short life spans of the likes of Andre the Giant and Owen Hart (plus loads more - this list is impressive/depressing http://prowrestling.about.com/od/whatsreal...lersdeaths.htm), I think "angels" was right all along.

Thanks everyone for all the comments on this year's DL. Lots of criticism for such an elderly list, then when we do pick someone relatively youthful we get accusations that he's not famous enough. Piper apparently hosted a celebrity wrestling show on UK TV in 2005 http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/t...dio/4440957.stm, although I must confess I missed that one. Does anyone honestly think the likes of the Metro newspaper won't have a blurb about him if he dies?

gaurenteed obit. if he doesnt i'll change my avitar, and i'll call my first child Rowdy Roddy Quinn.

Official site, big on his achievements, strangely misses mentioning his DL listing.

... and been

So he's an actor?

enjoy watching.

Just think of it as a soap opera. That takes place inside a ring. In various arenas around the world. With sweaty, 300 lb. men. Sports meets soap operas.

If he's not even a real sportsman, and completely unheard of in the UK, I don't see how he's going to get a UK obit, unless it's a really slow death/news day

... and been

So he's an actor?

enjoy watching.

If he's not even a real sportsman, and completely unheard of in the UK, I don't see how he's going to get a UK obit, unless it's a really slow death/news day

He was very big in the wrestling world in the 1980's when the WWF (now WWE) was extremely popular. For wrestling fans he was up there with Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, The Earthquake, Big Boss Man, The Undertaker, British Bulldog, among others.

For non-wrestling fans in the UK, he probably would be unknown, but I think that there is a wide enough following to guarantee him a UK obit if he were to die, so for me he satisfies the "famous enough" category.

... and been

So he's an actor?

enjoy watching.

He was very big in the wrestling world in the 1980's when the WWF (now WWE) was extremely popular. For wrestling fans he was up there with Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, The Earthquake, Big Boss Man, The Undertaker, British Bulldog, among others.

For non-wrestling fans in the UK, he probably would be unknown, but I think that there is a wide enough following to guarantee him a UK obit if he were to die, so for me he satisfies the "famous enough" category.

I think he had some Scottish heritage because he was always prancing round in a kilt..., so he might get an Obit in a Scottish daily?

He's as Scottish as Star Trek's Scotty :D

But, to be fair, he did headline the first few Wrestlemanias, etc, and "played" the bagpipes during Summerslam 92 at Wembley Stadium in front of 80,000-plus.

Owen Hart only received a mention in the UK press because of how he died - ie entering the ring, etc - and because the WWF/E decided to carry on the Pay-Per-View (called Over the Edge, ironic as he died after falling from the rafters...).