Deathwatch Beetle

Bhumibol Adulyadej

I swear this guy is somehow related to Zsa Zsa Gabor.Here`s a recap on his ailments over the last several years.

July 2006:Underwent microsurgical decompression for lumbar spinal stenosis.

0ctober 2007:Admitted to a hospital with a blood shortage to his brain

September 2009:Admitted to hospital with flu and pneumonia.Stays there for nearly 4 years.

2011:Wikileaks sources claim he has Parkinson`s and depression

November 2011:Diagnosed with diverticulitis.

July 2012:Suffers minute subdural bleading in the front of his brain

April 2013:Suffers lung inflammation and fever

July 2013:Leaves hospital

August 2014:Admitted to hospital with stomach inflammation

September 2014:Released from hospital

October 2014:Admitted to hospital with high fever and blood infection

October 2014:Has gallbladder removed

May 2015:Released from hospital

May 2015:Taken back to hospital for medical tests.

Augst 2015:Has water on the brain and a chest infection in hospital.

• Like 4

I swear this guy is somehow related to Zsa Zsa Gabor.Here`s a recap on his ailments over the last several years.

September 2009:Admitted to hospital with flu and pneumonia.Stays there for nearly 4 years.

Wow, I didn't know it was that much. Honestly, it looks like someone wants him to stay ill so that this person can claim more power for him/herself, maybe a general, maybe even the Crown Prince?

Wow, I didn't know it was that much. Honestly, it looks like someone wants him to stay ill so that this person can claim more power for him/herself, maybe a general, maybe even the Crown Prince?

Surely the crown prince would gain more power by offing him?

• Like 1

Who knows... maybe he tried and failed like he does with everything. True story: The Wikileaks cables showed that the US secret service thinks that the Crown Prince will be unfit to rule. The Crown Prince really is quite a tool, and very unpopular.

• Like 1

Who knows... maybe he tried and failed like he does with everything. True story: The Wikileaks cables showed that the US secret service thinks that the Crown Prince will be unfit to rule. The Crown Prince really is quite a tool, and very unpopular.

Or it could be that the sum and substance of that list is overblown and excited hyperbole within a DLers kind as 'a sign.

Stenosis isn't life threatening at all, it's a manageable condition unless you wanna play running back in the NFL.

0 on the meaningful scale.

Flu and pneumonia? Sure they kept an elderly man in the hospital a while but he checked out and cleared to go. In other words he had a shitty flu settled in his lungs. Meaningless once he was healthy.

Inflammations on stomach and lungs? Meh, cleared up and released.

Only thing I see as consistent, but he seems to deal with periodically, is the matter of fluids getting to his cranium. That's not good, but those events are 2006, 2012, 2015.

Is he a fair bet to go in 2016? Surely it's a decent name to put on one's list. Is he definitely at death's door? I don't know about that.

SC

Or it could be that the sum and substance of that list is overblown and excited hyperbole within a DLers kind as 'a sign.

Stenosis isn't life threatening at all, it's a manageable condition unless you wanna play running back in the NFL.

Flu and pneumonia? Sure they kept an elderly man in the hospital a while but he checked out and cleared to go. In other words he had a shitty flu settled in his lungs. Meaningless once he was healthy.

Only thing I see as consistent, but he seems to deal with periodically, is the matter of fluids getting to his cranium. That's not good, but those events are 2006, 2012, 2015.

Is he a fair bet to go in 2016? Surely it's a decent name to put on one's list. Is he definitely at death's door? I don't know about that.

SC

Pneumonia can be potentially deadly, just off the top of my head Bob Hoskins (71), Jack LaLane (96), Leslie Nielsen (84), James Brown (73) all died from pneumonia,

At 87 Bhumibol being as frail as he is, is just a fair contender as anyone to have a bout of pneumonia wipe him out.

SC

Pneumonia can be potentially deadly, just off the top of my head Bob Hoskins (71), Jack LaLane (96), Leslie Nielsen (84), James Brown (73) all died from pneumonia,

At 87 Bhumibol being as frail as he is, is just a fair contender as anyone to have a bout of pneumonia wipe him out.

Yeah, pneumonia can be deadly, especially for ancient people like Bhumibol. I think that not even SC would try to deny that. The question is whether a severe bout of pneumonia in his past has any significance when predicting his current life expectancy.

I guess SC argues that it doesn't have any, I'd be a little more cautious. I think all these episodes seem to indicate that his general state of health is rather poor, and he is unlikely to survive for another 5 or 10 years, even if none of what SotD listed above were terminal. The past problems with his brain can help explain the "vacant look" in his eyes as his cognitive capacities are likely reduced at this point. Sadly, I know from my experience that people can stay in such a state for years or even decades without ever recovering their marbles or dying (if they are otherwise healthy). Usually, this is terrible for their relatives, but luckily, the royal family can afford to pay a few nurses to attend him 24/7.

• Like 2

past problems with his brain can help explain the "vacant look" in his eyes

Are we talking about Bhumibol or SC?

• Like 1

The Crown Prince rides a bike in honor of his mother, the queen, who is apparently also too frail to appear in public:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33951467

I had to chuckle at one of the photo captions on that page "A Thai cyclist passes a portrait of King Bhumibol". That must have been quite a painful experience.

The Crown Prince rides a bike in honor of his mother, the queen, who is apparently also too frail to appear in public:

I think if the old guy is on the list next year then mum should be as well, if one goes the other is sure to follow in rapid time.

• Like 2

I think if the old guy is on the list next year then mum should be as well, if one goes the other is sure to follow in rapid time.
Yeah, but his wife is nit really notable for anything, besides being his wife. I mean, she could get an obit if she dies soon after his hubby but you couldn't list anything why she would be notable on her own right.

And besides, do you really want this displayed on the front page? It would scare the living hell out of me...

Edited by GossipGabe
  • Like 1

No worse than anyone else of her age or even some that are younger

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/08/thailands-king-bhumibol-being-treated-for-blood-infection:Bhumibol has an inflamed lung and a blood infection as well as low blood pressure a high fever and chills.He is receiving antibiotics and oxygen.

Wow, they are fighting for every single day there. His immune system has probably collapsed with all these infections and the antibiotics aren't helping there in the long run. Lung and brain affected, the whole system is breaking down.

Edit: Someone on this forum guessed that Bhumibol would be dead by the time Elizabeth II claims her record, so that's in a couple of hours...

Wow... I don't think Bhumibol will survive September.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/08/thailands-king-bhumibol-being-treated-for-blood-infection:Bhumibol has an inflamed lung and a blood infection as well as low blood pressure a high fever and chills.He is receiving antibiotics and oxygen.

He looks like the grandpa from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre

• Like 2

Can't see him seeing next week.

I just hope this is REALLY it for Bhumibol. There've been many close calls for him so far.

It's all just a ruse to get the Queen excited

Now that she is top dog here there is only one target left for her.

• Like 2

It's all just a ruse to get the Queen excited

Now that she is top dog here there is only one target left for her.

There's Louis European record, Sobhuza's world record, or if she wants to be ambituos Pepe II' disputed world record.

But obviously Bhumibol would be a biggy, although he's younger than her he certainly appears more likely to die.

• Like 1

It was already mentioned in the ideas and possibilities thread, but yes, the King also has pneunomia:

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/09/14/asia-pacific/science-health-asia-pacific/hospitalized-thai-king-87-gets-treatment-pneumonia/#.VfbyIPntlBc

The optimistic news: He is able to drink some water!

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE YA OL' BASTARD! DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE YA OL' BASTARD! DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!

My my...

Guest Guest

I agree