Lady Die

The Death Penalty

Do you agree with the Death Penalty?  

226 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Alcohol and guns, what could possibly go wrong?

ATF isn't supposed to be a mission statement afaik....

Well in this case it was more of him taking out his grievances on his ex-wife as she was able to get over their relationship and he obviously wasn't.

So while she was holding a party (and jumping the bones of her new beau), he decided he'd kill them.

Would he be a threat to anyone else? Probably not as he had killed the target of his rage. Would he have the need for anger therapy? The answer would probably be yes.

There's always somebody pissed off about something in these occurences. Ex partners, the school system, the neighbours barking dog, parking in my space, you name it....

Exactly what grievance and with whom is largely immaterial, it's the statistics of it. Enough people with enough grievances and access to firearms and guess what happens? Oh ya, exactly what does happen.

• Like 1

Alcohol and guns, what could possibly go wrong?

ATF isn't supposed to be a mission statement afaik....

Well in this case it was more of him taking out his grievances on his ex-wife as she was able to get over their relationship and he obviously wasn't.

So while she was holding a party (and jumping the bones of her new beau), he decided he'd kill them.

Would he be a threat to anyone else? Probably not as he had killed the target of his rage. Would he have the need for anger therapy? The answer would probably be yes.

There's always somebody pissed off about something in these occurences. Ex partners, the school system, the neighbours barking dog, parking in my space, you name it....

Exactly what grievance and with whom is largely immaterial, it's the statistics of it. Enough people with enough grievances and access to firearms and guess what happens? Oh ya, exactly what does happen.

Also throw in the possibility of that person being prescribed with antidepressants that the doctors attempt to tweak the dosage every couple of weeks in to the mix.

Next up: Texas prisoner Coy Wesbrook. Today is his magic day! He’ll be executed for a Houston-area shooting rampage more than 18 years ago that left five people dead. Wesbrook, 58, is scheduled for lethal injection for the 1997 shooting rampage during a party at his ex-wife’s apartment.

Y'all can listen in live to Execution Watch on radio KPFT tonight between midnight and 1am GMT (6pm and 7pm CT). :grave:

How is it Execution "Watch" if you can only listen ?

Next up: Texas prisoner Coy Wesbrook. Today is his magic day! He’ll be executed for a Houston-area shooting rampage more than 18 years ago that left five people dead. Wesbrook, 58, is scheduled for lethal injection for the 1997 shooting rampage during a party at his ex-wife’s apartment.

Y'all can listen in live to Execution Watch on radio KPFT tonight between midnight and 1am GMT (6pm and 7pm CT). :grave:

I wondered about that. I can only assume watch is a play on words and refers to a timepiece as opposed to a view. In other words, countdown to execution.

It's not a live feed from the execution chamber but a group of people in the studio who have the events as they are happening relayed to them. At least that's how I remember it; I've not listened in for a couple of years.

Three words 'state sponsored murder'.

I am not going to deny this but come on don't tell this guy hasn't done worse

I wondered about that. I can only assume watch is a play on words and refers to a timepiece as opposed to a view. In other words, countdown to execution.

It's not a live feed from the execution chamber but a group of people in the studio who have the events as they are happening relayed to them. At least that's how I remember it; I've not listened in for a couple of years.

They have quite a few on their schedule. Do they listen in just to "be sure" that it happened?

I'm not sure if this is loading properly, but all this talk reminds of this scene from The Day Today

• Like 1

Coy Wesbrook was pronounced dead at 8:04 pm CT after a delay of about 90 minutes in the execution process.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3483493/Texas-inmate-set-die-1997-rampage-5-killed.html

That's what you get when civil servants do the job. Can't they bring back hanging? It's a damn sight quicker.

Coy Wesbrook was pronounced dead at 8:04 pm CT after a delay of about 90 minutes in the execution process.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3483493/Texas-inmate-set-die-1997-rampage-5-killed.html

That's what you get when civil servants do the job. Can't they bring back hanging? It's a damn sight quicker.

Being torn apart by a pack of hungry wolves is quicker, and possibly more environmentally friendly.

As for the 61% of you that would keep this POS alive on my tax dollar..... too bad so sad.

SC

(Edit: 18 goddamn years. At a preposterously low guess of $2/meal, that's $39,420 he cost us. At a more reasonable $5/meal that's $98,550).

just imagine the meal hes going to get as his last one? going to cost a fortune! everythings bigger in texas right? even the steak

As for the 61% of you that would keep this POS alive on my tax dollar..... too bad so sad.

SC

(Edit: 18 goddamn years. At a preposterously low guess of $2/meal, that's $39,420 he cost us. At a more reasonable $5/meal that's $98,550).

just imagine the meal hes going to get as his last one? going to cost a fortune! everythings bigger in texas right? even the steak

The steak size in Texas I can confirm as being lunatic compared at least with the UK. There was a 'cowgirl' steak of 20oz, and a 'cowboy' steak of 28oz on a menu in one establishment. Who needs the death penalty when you can be served a cholesterol heart attack in one sitting?

SC

The steak size in Texas I can confirm as being lunatic compared at least with the UK. There was a 'cowgirl' steak of 20oz, and a 'cowboy' steak of 28oz on a menu in one establishment. Who needs the death penalty when you can be served a cholesterol heart attack in one sitting?

Texas no longer gives a special last meal. The condemned gets the same as all the other inmates on that day.

SC

Texas no longer gives a special last meal. The condemned gets the same as all the other inmates on that day.

I think the reason for that was because inmates used to order the most obscure things. I believe there was some sort of bylaw in place where the condemned person couldn't be executed until they had been served what they asked for. So they would do whatever they could to delay their execution.

SC

Congrats for pointing out something that anyone wanting to know could have googled sanctimoniously in response to an anecdote, you're uselessness is never rivalled in this forum by anyone but guest. .

• Like 1

SC

thank you for this completely obvious and easy to know information. It really helps people who struggle with simple concepts such as yourself.

SC

thank you for this completely obvious and easy to know information. It really helps people who struggle with simple concepts such as yourself.

If you are struggling with the concept of yourself there is therapy available.

• Like 1

SC

it's getting harder and harder to come with an argument against the DEATH penalty. I have beaten you in this debate loser.

SC

it's getting harder and harder to come with an argument against the DEATH penalty. I have beaten you in this debate loser.

Im all for bringing back hanging.

Id have you hung by your bollocks.

• Like 1

SC

Im all for bringing back hanging.

Id have you hung by your bollocks.

no rope is big enough for that,try again.

buster-2_zpsjtcmeubl.jpg

Now it all makes sense.......

• Like 3

Killing people is wrong. That's why we have a law against it.

• Like 3