Stayin Alive

Summer Olympic Deaths/Dead Medallists

Petr Kop, volleyball player for Czechoslovakia who won Silver at the 1964 Tokyo Olympics and Bronze at the 1968 Mexico City Olympics, has died aged 79.

Good work. I think his family didn't know he was dead in the moment you already posted it here.

• Like 3

Boris Nikolov, the first ever Bulgarian to win an Olympic medal, dead at 87. He took the bronze in the 1952 middleweight boxing event, which was eventually won by Floyd Patterson.

Evelyn Toque Kawamoto-Kono, a 2 time American Bronze medallist from the 1952 Helsinki Olympics, has died aged 83.

Petr Kop, volleyball player for Czechoslovakia who won Silver at the 1964 Tokyo Olympics and Bronze at the 1968 Mexico City Olympics, has died aged 79.

Hey Thatcher.... so how did you find this one? I did a random Google search and get nothing. Of course I'm searching 'in English', and I presume Google isn't searching other languages.

​So....are you doing non-English searches? Just wondering.

For the record still no English language obit anywhere. Good catch.

SC

Twitter is a great friend ;)

I figured that. Y-Dub follows Twitter a lot as well. I've no intention, and it's all good. I've got you two chasing down the obits!

SC

Bill Craig, an American swimmer who was part of the 4x100m Men's Medley Relay Team which won Gold at the 1964 Tokyo Olympics, has died aged 71.

Yuriy Poyarkov, a member of the Soviet Men's Volleyball team which won gold at the 1964 Tokyo Games, 1968 Mexico City Games and bronze at the 1972 Munich Games, has died aged 80.

Vasily Kudinov, handball player who won gold at the 1992 Barcelona Games (with the Unified Team of the former Soviet Republics), and played for the Russian team which won gold at the 2000 Sydney Games and bronze at the 2004 Athens games, has died aged 47.

Don't worry about it, I'll get hell from Sir C for my post....

Not that I'll know fnarr fnarr...

• Like 3

Austrian diver Nikola "Niki" Stajković has died aged 57 while swimming. A heart failure is suspected. He competed at five Olympics. His best position was eighth, at the 1980 Olympics. He became one of the youngest Olympic competitors ever when he made his Olympic debut in 1972 at age thirteen.

800 m Olympic 1980 winner Nadezhda Olizarenko dies at 63.

Aage Birch, Danish sailor and Olympic silver medallist in the Dragon class during the 1968 Summer Olympics, died on 13th Feb at age 90.

Nadezhda Olizarenko, Russian track athlete from the Soviet era and double Olympic medallist (1980 Moscow Summer Olympics, 1 gold x 800m, 1 bronze x 1500m), has died at age 63. She is the current holder of women's the 4 x 800m relay record, along with three teammates.

Austrian diver Nikola "Niki" Stajković has died aged 57 while swimming. A heart failure is suspected. He competed at five Olympics. His best position was eighth, at the 1980 Olympics. He became one of the youngest Olympic competitors ever when he made his Olympic debut in 1972 at age thirteen.

Link: https://swimswam.com/austrian-diving-legend-niki-stajkovic-dies-in-training-session/

Middle-distance runner Derek Ibbotson, who set a world record for the fastest mile in 1957, has died aged 84.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/famous-huddersfield-olympic-athlete-derek-12650745

He also won bronze in the 5,000 metres at the 1956 Melbourne Olympics.

Edit: A unique DDP pick too, therefore awaiting a QO.

On 23/02/2017 at 08:14, The Dead Cow said:

Two multi-day comas in a month? She wont see 2018.

Should have listened to Charon there.

1 minute ago, msc said:

Two multi-day comas in a month? She wont see 2018.

Should have listened to Charon there.

Look at the bright side. Unnatural points won't be necessary for her...

Depends. She might fall out a window, drown, take up crocodile juggling. The possibilities are endless.

• Like 2