Sign in to follow this  
Stayin Alive

Claire Rayner

What does Clare Rayner have to do with anything? 

Teddy speaks for me too. Maybe if Raynor and Dickie O appeared together in a genuine snuff movie.....

What does Clare Rayner have to do with anything? 

Teddy speaks for me too. Maybe if Raynor and Dickie O appeared together in a genuine snuff movie.....

With Charlton Heston playing the Alzheimer-ridden gunman?

I'm on it, Speilberg's people told me to 'stop being so damn sick.'

I told them it was more tasteful than dragging up the 1972 Munich massacre.

I'm on it, Speilberg's people told me to 'stop being so damn sick.'

I told them it was more tasteful than dragging up the 1972 Munich massacre.

I just saw that yesterday. Not what you'd expect from Spielberg, but decent none the less. The ending was a bit rushed and convoluted, but it was an awfully long movie.

Rayner would be a good candidate for a walk on (carry off) part in a remake of Soylent Green (long overdue and now relevant). But I wouldn't say she was deathlist material. Wishlist, maybe.

Guest CQ
The only reason I know that is because she is on my ' death row' in work (honestly)

I suppose it is too much to hope that you work in a US prison, and her final appeal has just been refused :o

lol hahahaha

I just saw her on some daytime television show, banging on about some bloody nonsense or other; relationship strife, money problems, acne, whatever... She looks fine. Good for another decade at least. Let's stop all this fantasist hoo-ha about her imminent death, she'll probably outlive most of us!

I just saw her on some daytime television show, banging on about some bloody nonsense or other; relationship strife, money problems, acne, whatever... She looks fine. Good for another decade at least. Let's stop all this fantasist hoo-ha about her imminent death, she'll probably outlive most of us!

I agree, I've never really understood the DeathListing of Claire Rayner in '06

She seems to have recovered from the MRSA,

and she doesn't seem to have been unwell recently, so why the listing I wonder. :rolleyes:

I agree, I've never really understood the DeathListing of Claire Rayner in '06

She seems to have recovered from the MRSA,

and she doesn't seem to have been unwell recently, so why the listing I wonder. :rolleyes:

I guess someone said: "Let's have Claire Rayner" and the rest agreed. But I think it was one of those irrational bets where you back your team just because you want it to win.

Also, I think she kept quiet for so long that everyone just assumed she was in as bad a shape as her last update. :D

She's been very vocal this weekend about Chai Patel's bribe to become a Lord. She seems back to her old busybody self, it must be said.

Guest pippa

I have just found this site by accident and I thought you might like to know she shops at my local waitrose and she looks like she is still going strong

I have just found this site by accident and I thought you might like to know she shops at my local waitrose and she looks like she is still going strong

Thanks for the inside info Pippa, keep in touch, eh?

Guest Hints

Is she included just because she's got MRSA or Golden Staff as we call it i Oz? If so I think you might be waiting a while. I know plenty of people who have it and are perfectly healthy. I suspect this old trout will go on for at least another decade.

She's the kind of rentagob that bangs on about anything given half a chance. How about someone informs her of her listing here, like maybe by mentioning it when they see her in Waitrose, at which point she goes running to the press and we get the best raise in profile since Keith Richards complained to The Sun that we'd left him out of the list this year?

i wish she shopped in my waitrose, i'd do the job for all of us. horrible woman. when she was making lots of dosh writing sagas in the late 80's, early 90's (and if you look in the backs of old paperbacks like i do - too much time on my hands - you'll see that her romances were filed under 'gothic' by corgi) i had a friend who was a royalties accountant at macdonald (later littlebrown) who were her publishers. she was unutterably rude, and bested only be her weasley little husband (my friend's words) who was also her business manager, and used to moan if the royalty statements were a day late (usually the post!), and quibbled over the slightest discrepancy to do with foreign rights. ok, so he may have been entitled to question it, but he did it in a rude and offensive manner, and despite the number of times he was put right he still bothered my mate instead of the foreign rights manager. so stupid as well as rude, then. he's dead, which may be why she's quieter, as he seemd to get her work for her.

er, was all that wings stuff by notapotato a reference to david baddiel's diatribe against her many years ago? no one picked up on it, but maybe it's just me (if it was, i got it in the end!)

jessie wallace and some actress who was in family affairs but whose name i don't know shop in my waitrose - on the whole, i think i'd prefer claire!

well as rude, then. he's dead, which may be why she's quieter, as he seemd to get her work for her.

er, was all that wings stuff by notapotato a reference to david baddiel's diatribe against her many years ago? no one picked up on it, but maybe it's just me (if it was, i got it in the end!)

Sorry I've just been catching up on my reading and only just noticed this.

No, the wings reference is about back in the 80's when they first started advertising sanitary towels on the British telly. (I think it had previously been illegal) Anyway it was Claire who did the ads. "Wings" were one of the selling points of the particular brand of hygiene article. The term "flow" has similar origins. As a teenager at the time, I found the whole business unspeakably unspeakable.

Don't know anything about Baddiel's diatribe. Do tell.

baddiel's diatribe (a rare disease) relates to the wings ads. it constituted a recurring joke throughout the stand-up set he did on tour with rob newman at that time, and is immortalised on one of their videos. without actually digging them out and watching them (last time i did i found they were, sadly, no longer as funny as they were fifteen-odd years back), it's on either 'from the mary whitehouse experience' or 'history today'. they were on the up back then, but what have they done of note in recent years? baddiel is skinner's stooge (though a decent novelist), and newman (NOT a decent novelist, sadly) did something on anti-globalisation for the bbc then seemed to drop off the map. what it does show is how pervasive those sanitary towel ads were in popular culture back then. partly because everyone hated clare rayner, and partly because, as you say, they wer in the vanguard of such advertising.

On the strength of Claire Raynors ads I too started to smoke Tampax, sadly I still can't swim or ride a bike.

I'll get me coat.

Claire (MRSA free) Rayner's touchy-feely opinion on John Hogan

If you read all of that you're a more patient man than I am TF.

She's treading a fine line between understanding what he did and excusing his actions, if what I read of it was enough to have based a fair opinion on.

• Like 1