Grim Reaper

John Nash

@DDT:

Nash crash... kudos.... Remember the Flash Crash?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Flash_Crash

Also, from this link: http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf/2015/05/famed_a_beautiful_mind_mathematician_wife_killed_in_taxi_crash_police_say.html

it appears that neither he nor his wife wore seatbelts. Bad...

He can see clearly now the windscreens gone ?

Wow that is probably the most dramatic DL hit ever.

Guest Guest

It was me who recommended John Nash in the ideas and suggestions thread last year... yes, it really was me, but since I'm a lurker/guest I have no way of proving that to you...

I suggested him because of his age and history of mental illness - I didn't imagine for a second that he would go like this!

RIP John Nash and his wife - and another successful hit for the DeathList, which has been struggling this year so far.

Will you listen to my suggestions again in future if I can predict hits like this?

People are saying this is the first un-natural death that's been a hit in the history of DeathList? Really?

Guest awesome guest

He was a brilliant contribution to science its weird that he died in a car accident I thought if anything he would die of heart failure.

Is that the first unnatural death in DL history? Kudos to the selection committee, regardless.

Yes, definitely the first unnatural causes death in DL history :o

People are saying this is the first un-natural death that's been a hit in the history of DeathList? Really?

What about Kenny Everett and the other AIDS victims. Is that really so natural?

The way it takes people out is so brutal it seems more akin to some biological weapon to me... (whether you wanna believe in conspiracies or not).

I think this is a bit of a stretch. Not as much as an Australian playing a genius, but still.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Is that the first unnatural death in DL history? Kudos to the selection committee, regardless.

A beautiful mind, but not quite calculating enough to work out the probability of dying in a car crash when going without a seatbelt...

Looks like deaths are coming in bunches in 2015.

9 days between Nimoy and Simon, 9 days between King and Nash.

In other news, the comittee has caught up to me with 4 deaths so far :(

A beautiful mind, but not quite calculating enough to work out the probability of dying in a car crash when going without a seatbelt...

There is an undeniable irony about that.I suppose it backs up the view that academics are not equally gifted in common sense.

Guest Guest

The way it takes people out is so brutal it seems more akin to some biological weapon to me... (whether you wanna believe in conspiracies or not).

I think this is a bit of a stretch. Not as much as an Australian playing a genius, but still.

Here's what Wikipedia has to offer on the matter...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unnatural_death

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_by_natural_causes

Read both articles to understand the distinction.

I thought Saddam Hussein would be one but he was not included in 2006.

He was present in the 1991 list at number 4.

As far as I know Dr, no one has ever died of 'AIDS'...they die of other things.

• Like 1

As far as I know Dr, no one has ever died of 'AIDS'...they die of other things.

Yeah... "other things" they probably wouldn't have developed if they didn't have AIDS........ e.g. their eyes might fall out if they were rollin them as hard as I am right now. :rolleyes:

Since it mostly comes after wild amounts of unprotected sex I'm gonna call it misadventure, so screw ya.

Fuck Wikipedia anyway, they don't even have Al Gore on their list of conmen. Or Michael Moore on their list of mountains. Or Al Gore on their list of mountains.

Guest Guest

I thought Saddam Hussein would be one but he was not included in 2006.

He was present in the 1991 list at number 4.

I think what is meant is that the case of John Nash here is the first unnatural death that was a hit in DeathList history. Others who had been on the DeathList in previous years (Saddam Hussein) had later died unnatural deaths, but were not on the DeathList in the year they died, so they were not a hit.

Wow I JUST did a Nash update search four hours ago!

SC

SC

Coincidentally, I did a King Abdullah update search (for the first time in forever) in the evening of 22 January and found out he died on the morning of 23 January.

• Like 1

Guest R.I.P. Professor Nash

He was just in Norway last week with his wife to receive the Abel Prize. Very sad indeed. He was a brilliant man who contributed a lot to humankind with his mathematical theories. R.I.P.

I remember we watched the film about him in math class a year ago or something.

I wrote to my mates about his death and we're going to ask our teacher to watch it again.

Guest Guest

Andrea De Cesaris, Saddam Hussein etc ..so , no, he's not the first un natural death of a deathlist name

Guest Guest

Andrea De Cesaris, Saddam Hussein etc ..so , no, he's not the first un natural death of a deathlist name

Not the first un-natural death of a DeathList name, sure, but he is the first un-natural hit according to Grim Reaper.

SC

Coincidentally, I did a King Abdullah update search (for the first time in forever) in the evening of 22 January and found out he died on the morning of 23 January.

Eerie. People fascinated by death, search for people who could die and find out just after that they died. There must be meaning in the world after all.... where did I put that Bible?

• Like 2

SC

Eerie. People fascinated by death, search for people who could die and find out just after that they died. There must be meaning in the world after all.... where did I put that Bible?

Only time that happened to me is I was one day in 2007 just randomly looking up Yvonne Decarlo (Lily Munster) on Wikipedia and I refreshed the page for some reason and all of a sudden there was a death date. It was like woah thats a bit creepy she wasn't dead when I opened the article, but she was dead a couple minutes later.

• Like 2