Sign in to follow this  
Grim Reaper

Aaron Spelling

Guest Shellybee on Myspace

People People I swear he has passed. To the east to the west to the north to the south. To the winds my his soul find peace.

June 24, 2006 International Fairy Day

Guest Guest_jules_*

Well he is dead at the age 82( another one bites the dust)

It also looks like we've got his age listed down as 78, he was actually 83 when he died

Guest Pontyslapper

Its being reported by the BBC... on the ticker at the top of the page

Aaron Spelling is dead

If its on the website its sure to be on News 24.

Aaron Spelling died from the results of a stroke last night.

Over the 30 years he produced over 30 programs.

What was his masterpiece if any? Starksy and Hutch has to be among the top runners. :(

[Topics merged - ff]

Edited by football_fan

It is official, Aaron Spelling has become DL's 7th graduate from the class of 2006. He is the 2nd DL hit for this month and the 5th person making his first appearance on DL's 2006 list to cark it this year. Below is his BBC obituary

US TV legend Aaron Spelling dies

Well I for one will be mindfull of the reason Aaron Spelling is in my top 10 on my entry for Rotten.com's entry in that its said he is "suffering from an incurable disease". With the news that he has just suffered a minor stroke at the age of 83 the odds are only 50/50 he will be around for a year or so.

That was an excellent forecast Rotten Ali. Congratulations on your hit.

Guest Marko

And there he goes...

news

Fabulous!!

We're back on track, after that seemingly dry spell a while ago. GO TEAM DL! :(

Rest in Peace Aaron... you brought a whole new meaning to quality television programming.

:(

Guest iain

yup hes dead all right.Good hit.Looks like we could be on course to match the record year of 14 hits or even beat it

I have been lurking on this list for some time and it has given me a lot of insight (and the lead!) into my own Ghoul Pool here in Atlanta, Georgia.

But, I think for my first post here, I am the first to note that MSNBC.COM is reporting that Aaron Spelling is dead at age 83!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13464007/

--Ghoul Lord

Atlanta, GA

Welcome aboard Ghoul Lord. :(

I guess that stroke wasn't so minor after all,

Aaron has now premanently joined the angels, and not Charlie's.

:(

Guest iain

just take a look at his IMDB biog .The guy was a genius .He virtually invented popular tv!

just take a look at his IMDB biog .The guy was a genius .He virtually invented popular tv!

That link doesn't work,

IMDB biog this one should.

Aaron Spelling was the king of trash TV, I wouldn't want to watch any of the shows on that list.

Aaron has now premanently joined the angels, and not Charlie's.

How about:

"Be still his beating Hart"?

Guest linguaboy

I reckon this is the July effect hitting a week early. Last year the majority of deaths occurred in July - will it be the same agin this year, I wonder?

I guess that stroke wasn't so minor after all,

Rather a stroke of luck. For us, that is.

regards,

Hein

Guest iain

and yet according to the Deathlkist homepage he isnt dead after all!

from digital spy

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds34329.html

Pioneering television producer Aaron Spelling has died at the age of 83 at his home in Los Angeles.

After experimenting with minor film roles during the 1950s, Spelling later turned his talents to the production of television shows. 1963's Burke Law was one of his first forays into TV production, and the show went on to become a hit in the mid-1960s for ABC. During the 1970s and 1980s, Spelling developed a strong relationship with ABC, giving the network long-running hits including Fantasy Island and Dynasty.

In the 1990s, after ABC axed Dynasty, Spelling co-created iconic teen drama Beverly Hills, 90210 with Darren Star, a series that had a ten year run on Fox and went on to widespread domestic and international syndication. Spelling also found success in the '90s with 7th Heaven, which is still on-air and will form the anchor of new network The CW's Monday night lineup.

Guest joe

Aaron spelling dies of a stroke Saturday June, 24th. 1923-2006.

Well I for one will be mindfull of the reason Aaron Spelling is in my top 10 on my entry for Rotten.com's entry in that its said he is "suffering from an incurable disease". With the news that he has just suffered a minor stroke at the age of 83 the odds are only 50/50 he will be around for a year or so. Not the news I was expecting but as per Ariel Sharron it can be a matter of months following a minor stoke that happens a major one will follow that makes matters worse all the more likely.

To you and the Deathlist crew....nice choice.

Quite possibly your finest write-up to date, Mr Reaper. :P

Hmm interesting point eejit - Im sure he was reported ill a couple of years ago but youre right not much evidence of that around now :P

As I recall Cowboy Ronnie had more information on this - perhaps he can enlighten us

Well big props to Cowboy Ronnie - all those years studying trash TV paying off in style :P