Jump to content


Replying to Time Added


Post Options

  • Anti-spam: complete the task
  or Cancel


Topic Summary

charon

Posted Yesterday, 12:10 PM

Fons Van Wissen, Dutch player, PSV Eindhoven and Netherlands national team, 82. http://translate.goo...tml&prev=search


To be fair he would have made the Fifa WC thread, except after a qualifier in Albania, he quit because of the state if the place.

And Piet Fransen who made his Dutch debut in that very Albanian game, dead at 79.

Phantom

Posted Yesterday, 12:29 AM

Can't see it mentioned , but Bayern had black armbands on tonight v Wolfsburg after Franz's boy Stephan died at 46.
Had started at Bayern and was a coach for the youth teams the last 15/16 years or so.

 

Here you go


charon

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:01 PM

Can't see it mentioned , but Bayern had black armbands on tonight v Wolfsburg after Franz's boy Stephan died at 46.
Had started at Bayern and was a coach for the youth teams the last 15/16 years or so.

gcreptile

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:11 AM

Aaron Devlin, player for Ballinderry and Derry, dies at 23 of meningitis:

 

http://www.bbc.com/s...-games/33724113


msc

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:10 AM

Former Dutch international Rob Rensenbrink announced he is suffering from a derivative of ALS called PSMA. It makes him shake his body but his illness is in a stable condition. "There is no cure for the desease but a lot of research is being done."

 

It's a slower version of motor neurone. c 10% survival rate after 10 years (he's had it for three years, I think), so he could have a few years left yet, though the clock is ticking.


Whitehouse

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:59 AM

Former Dutch international Rob Rensenbrink announced he is suffering from a derivative of ALS called PSMA. It makes him shake his body but his illness is in a stable condition. "There is no cure for the desease but a lot of research is being done."

gcreptile

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:02 AM

Gail Stephenson, important member of the Man U medical team has died:

 

http://www.mirror.co...ced-sir-6104616

 

She helped Paul Scholes with his eyesight problems and convinced Sir Alex Ferguson to change the colour of their kits.


Spade_Cooley

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:24 PM

One that went overlooked in the midsts of copy-and-paste mania that dots this thread. Ian McKechnie died at the age of 73 on June 11th. Mainly plied his trade with Hull City, where he secured his place in football history ("history") by being the first ever goalkeeper to make a save in a penalty shootout, stopping a Dennis Law spotkick.


themaninblack

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:48 PM

 

Former Dutch international 63-year old Dick Nanninga is in a worrying condition in hospital. He broke his left leg in multiple places and it had to be amputated. After the operation doctors did not succeed into waking him up from his medically induced coma. Nanninga scored the only Dutch goal in the 1978 worldcup final against Argentina.

His goal.


Eventually that coma lasted 5 months. He was already 20% dead since he lost a leg due to diabetes by today the other 80% as well. He was 66 years old.

 

 

He's not laughing anymore...


Whitehouse

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:59 PM

Former Dutch international 63-year old Dick Nanninga is in a worrying condition in hospital. He broke his left leg in multiple places and it had to be amputated. After the operation doctors did not succeed into waking him up from his medically induced coma. Nanninga scored the only Dutch goal in the 1978 worldcup final against Argentina.

His goal.


Eventually that coma lasted 5 months. He was already 20% dead since he lost a leg due to diabetes by today the other 80% as well. He was 66 years old.

Review the complete topic (launches new window)