Jump to content


Replying to Dead Pop Stars


Post Options

  • Anti-spam: complete the task
  or Cancel


Topic Summary

deadsox

Posted Today, 10:07 AM

 

 

Joni Mitchell found unconscious; she's about to meet the Clouds.
SChttp://ultimateclass...l-hospitalized/

Posted 45 mins ago over on the Old Folkies thread.

Sorry boss. Next time type out her name so a search will pick it up. Second, what Joni Mutchell has to do with folk music is beyond me.
SC

 

 

It's good to be able to agree with you Mr. Creepy.  I don't know what Joni Mutchell has to do with folk music either.  Joni Mitchell on the other hand, is usually described as a folk or pop singer.


Sir Creep

Posted Today, 09:54 AM

Joni Mitchell found unconscious; she's about to meet the Clouds.
SChttp://ultimateclass...l-hospitalized/

Posted 45 mins ago over on the Old Folkies thread.

Sorry boss. Next time type out her name so a search will pick it up. Second, what Joni Mutchell has to do with folk music is beyond me.
SC

Ra Ra Rasputin

Posted Today, 04:16 AM

Joni Mitchell found unconscious; she's about to meet the Clouds.
SC
http://ultimateclass...l-hospitalized/

Posted 45 mins ago over on the Old Folkies thread.


Sir Creep

Posted Today, 04:14 AM

Joni Mitchell found unconscious; she's about to meet the Clouds.
SC
http://ultimateclass...l-hospitalized/

maryportfuncity

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:44 AM

 

Drop 40 member Daisy Berkowitz giving a solo concert in a week:
 
http://www.thestaffo...afford-springs/


Mathematically I figured it was a year early on Daisy, but played the percentages (he had a 27% chance of surviving I had a 73% he wouldn't), but this is disheartening. I knew I shoulda waited a year Dammitall.
SirC

 

 

 

Aye, this year's Wilko Johnson on the evidence above.


Sir Creep

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:16 AM

Norman Greenbaum criticall injured in a car crash.
http://www.pressdemo...t-of-santa-rosa


Guy riding motorcycle that hit him is a Spirit in the Sky.
SC

Sir Creep

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:13 AM

Drop 40 member Daisy Berkowitz giving a solo concert in a week:
 
http://www.thestaffo...afford-springs/


Mathematically I figured it was a year early on Daisy, but played the percentages (he had a 27% chance of surviving I had a 73% he wouldn't), but this is disheartening. I knew I shoulda waited a year Dammitall.
SirC

JQW

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:56 PM

Norman Greenbaum criticall injured in a car crash.

http://www.pressdemo...t-of-santa-rosa

gcreptile

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:10 PM

Drop 40 member Daisy Berkowitz giving a solo concert in a week:

 

http://www.thestaffo...afford-springs/


maryportfuncity

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:01 AM

 

 

Paul Kantner of the Jefferson Airplane/Starship had a likely heart attack.
SC
http://www.antimusic...rt_Attack.shtml

 

I was watching old Airplane/Starship videos and interviews last night on You Tube. I feel the above news is therefore my fault.

 

He's 74 by the way, not 71 that the above article states.

 

I always thought that Buzz Lightyear was modelled on him. :)

 

 

 

Given the attrition rate the Grim Reaper has inflicted on their San Francisco cohorts (basically, you couldn't put a credible version of The Grateful Dead, Big Brother and the Holding Company or the Quicksilver Messenger Service on stage), the Airplane's continued hold on life is impressive. Kantner isn't at death's door, right?


Review the complete topic (launches new window)