Replying to Tennis players
Posted Yesterday, 08:03 PM
Posted Yesterday, 07:51 PM
- Bobbie Heine Miller: Born 04.12.1909, aged 104. Won the French doubles title in 1927 !!!
- Gardnar Mulloy: Born 22.11.1913, aged 100. Oldest living tennis HOF member.
- Dorothy Bundy Cheney: Born 01.09.1916, aged 97. Oldest living female Grand Slam singles champion.
- Thelma Coyne Long: Born 14.10.1918, aged 95.
- Welby Van Horn: Born 08.09.1920, aged 93.
- Pancho Segura: Born 20.06.1921, aged 92.
- Earl Cochell: Born 18.05.1922, aged 91. Only player barred for life by the US tennis association.
- Patricia Canning Todd: Born 22.07.1922, aged 91.
- Vic Seixas: Born 30.08.1923, aged 90. Oldest living male Grand Slam singles champion.
Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:21 PM
Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:27 PM
Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:14 PM
Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:12 PM
While we're discussing tennis players has anyone noticed how incredibly shit Rod Laver looks whenever he's seen in the crowd during an event these days? Maybe one for next year's list....
Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:13 PM
Sad news as Brough was one of the greats of her time. She did look very frail when visiting Wimbledon in the last couple of years for various anniversaries however so this news isn't all that surprising.
Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:56 AM
Nadezhda Ilyina the mother of Nadia Petrova and a bronze medal winner at the 1976 Montreal Olympics in the 400-meter relay died earlier this week at 64 in a car crash.
Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:20 PM