football_fan

Ideas and possibilities for 2007

According to wikipedia former WWE wrestler John Tenta (aka Earthquake, Avalanche, Shark, ect.) has cancer and is close to death. A former sumo wrestler, Tenta's cancer and obesity has to make him a good thought for 2007. Assuming he would get a British obit, of course.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Tenta

Interesting, but I don't think he'd get a British Obit.

His latest forum post was on January 27, but it looks sort of grim...

I didn't see a Dick van Patten thread. This article makes him sound worthy of consideration for next year.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11200633/

But would he pass the famousness test in the UK and elsewhere?

He might get a passing mention in the Entertainment section on the BBC website. if you choose their International version

I didn't see a Dick van Patten thread. This article makes him sound worthy of consideration for next year.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11200633/

But would he pass the famousness test in the UK and elsewhere?

If Wendy Jo Sperber got a mention, I'm sure Mr. Van Dyke would too.

Sounds a bit like a false alarm to me though... but then again, so did Sharon and King... hmmm...

Has anybody mentioned Marguerita Patten the cookery writer yet? My mum has loads of her books and I'd long thought she was dead(Ms Patten, not my mum) but it seems she's still alive at 91.

Theres definately a Patten emerging here.

How Chris come to think of it??

Forget it,just checked. in good health apparently.

Mind you anyone that marries a woman called Lavender cant be totally compus mentis.

Is that the same as having a Lavender marriage?

Having just consulted my oriface - you could be on a winner there.

Phone the News of the World.

Them Liberals get all the fun!!

Mind you they do take a lot of s**t.

Them Liberals get all the fun!!

Mind you they do take a lot of s**t.

Apparently Mark Oaten is appearing on a special edition of 'You Are What You Eat'

Kenneth Kaunda former president of Zambia is going to be 82 this year.

Hwang Woo-Suk .

This chap might commit suicide. They take their work very seriously in the Far East - what's he going to tell the wife?

Mike Peters former lead vocalist for The Alarm has been diagnosed with throat cancer, he's about to start chemotherapy. He was diagnosed a few years ago, but the cancer has returned

How about Sandy Gall, the retired newsreader, born in 1927, overweight had problems with alcoholism?

How about Sandy Gall, the retired newsreader, born in 1927, overweight had problems with alcoholism?

That sounds like a good pick, I almost forgot he was still alive

He was more of a reporter than a newsreader. you'd always see him sent out in the pouring rain and the reports he would do would always have this bitter undertone to them

Is Alistair Burnett still alive?

Is Alistair Burnett still alive?

Sir Alistair Burnet certainly is. Though I understand that his health is far from perfect.

Gawd I hope he doesn't read this but...

How about William Rees-Mogg? Now, he's in fine fettle and still active, both physically and mentally, but I spoke to him yesterday and he didn't sound quite...right. I don't know whether he's got new teeth/old teeth giving him jip but his speech was quite slurred. When I've spoken to him in the past the clarity of his diction has been outstanding but yesterday was a very different matter. Anyone know if he's had a stroke or been ill recently? I would have asked but, well, you know, you don't like to... :lol:

Phil Brown's family (of Star Wars fame) posted on his website that he was too ill for autographs for some time before he died. Looking on that theme, there were a few people, including Gerald Ford, but also Annette Funicello, DDP favourite, who, apparently, can no longer sign autographs "due to her failing health" (reported late 2005). Whether she passes the fame test, I do not know, but it would seem she is a good bet.

I'm thinking Annette in a year or so, especially after what happened to Richard Pryor.

Estelle Getty can' sign autographs anymore either, yet no one listened to me... :(

Anyone got news on Simon Dee(Carl Nicholas Henty-Dodd)

71,jobless for years & CANADIAN - fulfills all the right criteria.

Sir David Frost,if dubya reconsiders bombing al-Jazeera,we could be on a winner.

Sir David Frost,if dubya reconsiders bombing al-Jazeera,we could be on a winner.

You could also consider Alan "Fluff" Freeman, he hasn't been too well recently

A worthy contender P.

Dee had a strange comeback a couple of years ago, with a documentary on his life and fall from fame, and a ill-advised one-off chat show. He looked appalling, was obviously battling some nasty inner demons and could well be worth an outsider Heart attack / suicide shot.

Anyone got news on country singer Billie Jo Spears?

B 1937. Triple by pass 1993.

I know she made an album last year but thats no reccomendation.

My understanding is she went and got the blanket from the bedroom when that big old moon was shining bright...said it reminded her of a blanket on the ground. Then she and her man went down walking by the river where their sweet love first began.

Anyway dont know about her health but she is barely 69 and since she has made it more then 10 year since bypaass surgery she may be artound for a while.

I remember when she had a big hit sensation with Blanket On The ground. It was almost smuttey but it has a nice sound. I seem to remember she had some vocal cord work done too and that she sounded a little lijke Skeeter Davis who sang Help me Make it Through the Night/. Is Davis still alive?

My understanding is she went and got the blanket from the bedroom when that big old moon was shining bright...said it reminded her of a blanket on the ground. Then she and her man went down walking by the river where their sweet love first began.

Anyway dont know about her health but she is barely 69 and since she has made it more then 10 year since bypaass surgery she may be artound for a while.

I remember when she had a big hit sensation with Blanket On The ground. It was almost smuttey but it has a nice sound. I seem to remember she had some vocal cord work done too and that she sounded a little lijke Skeeter Davis who sang Help me Make it Through the Night/. Is Davis still alive?

Shuffled off her mortal coil on Sept 19 2004. Cancer.Born Mary Francis Penick.Dec 30 1931.

One we missed?

Anybody mentioned Harry Morgan lately?