maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

How the fuck can a Northern Uproar member still be 36?

Well he ain't getting to 37 is he?

He's in 36 pieces now...

I had him as a marginal pick but wasn't sure he was obitworthy, so that reality check from ITV is welcome. Quite a few of those seventies Top of the Poppers were partial to a drink and a cig, right, all - just about - pensionable now.

Was surprised that more didn't go for him in the end tbh: I'd have thought between him playing on "I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday" and the propensity for the BBC local sections to mention anyone who died within their confines that had a moments' international fame he'd have been a straight-forward obit.

Was surprised that more didn't go for him in the end tbh: I'd have thought between him playing on "I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday" and the propensity for the BBC local sections to mention anyone who died within their confines that had a moments' international fame he'd have been a straight-forward obit.

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised that the BBC didn't follow up too. Still, who cares how the ball went in the net, it's in!

Jimmy Ruffin found out what becomes of the broken hearted... they die

http://www.bbc.com/n...t-arts-30111017

Apologies just posted the same joke in 2014 Deaths before I saw this.

You got there first.

Must be true then. That's the third person to report it.

Last time I heard that Jimmy Ruffin track was in a mash-up made by a mixer who calls himself Phil Retrospector. He mixed that track with Snow Patrol's "Chasing cars". The video that was made was a tear jerker with footage of the Charly Brown cartoons, that was since pulled from Youtube.

Here's that track.

https://m.soundcloud.com/philretrospector/chasing-the-broken-hearted

Edit:

The video is still up at Vimeo!

• Like 2

Tina Turner clocks up her 3/4 Century today.

Long live the Acid Queen! :party:

I was once professionally employed to write entries for a rock reference book and her birthdate - as in the year of her birth - proved somewhat elusive. One school of thought suggests she's two years older than she says.

• Like 2

I was once professionally employed to write entries for a rock reference book and her birthdate - as in the year of her birth - proved somewhat elusive. One school of thought suggests she's two years older than she says.

Maybe we should cut her in half and count the rings.

• Like 3

Belguim is in massive mourning for the death of Luc de Vos, lead singer of the band Gorky. He's regarded as a national treasure over there.

Quote from their most beloved song Mia, translated from Dutch.

"Popstars will come and go, only Elvis will remain."

Guest Guest

Lord Eric Avebury, former Liberal Chief Whip, is suffering from incurable blood cancer.

]Blood results (last reading 4 weeks before in brackets) Hb 100 g/L(105); WBC 3.1x109/L (3.1)); neutrophils 1.43x 109[/size]/L (1.30); platelets 424x109/L (347), MCV 110 fL.

Lord Eric Avebury, former Liberal Chief Whip, is suffering from incurable blood cancer.

]Blood results (last reading 4 weeks before in brackets) Hb 100 g/L(105); WBC 3.1x109/L (3.1)); neutrophils 1.43x 109[/size]/L (1.30); platelets 424x109/L (347), MCV 110 fL.

His pop career was brilliant.

• Like 2

I could swear sometime in the Eighties she was older than Grace Slick and born in either 1936 or 1937. Unfortunately I can't find any evidence of this but I must have got the belief from somewhere.

She's great whatever her age. I wish she'd tour again.

I could swear sometime in the Eighties she was older than Grace Slick and born in either 1936 or 1937. Unfortunately I can't find any evidence of this but I must have got the belief from somewhere.

She's great whatever her age. I wish she'd tour again.

1937 was the year that kept coming up when I researched her career. Some of those working with her back then begged to differ.

Ian McLagan in critical condition in hospital.

Head injury apparently.

Dead - most reports saying it was a stroke.

Really sucks, he was due to play here in Minneapolis tonight on the same bill as Nick Lowe and Los Straitjackets. I'm just heading out to the gig now.

I just looked her up, and apparently she was born in 1939.

I just looked her up, and apparently she was born in 1939.

Yeah, that remains the party line these days and she goes along with the official birthdays and since the likes of IMDB and Wiki are the top hits it looks more like a general agreement than it was back when I was chasing that information. She may be 75, but - on the other hand - I'm aware some people adjust their ages. I totally trusted the work colleague a few years ago who told me she'd been at school with Lynsey de Paul and therefore could vouch for the fact that de Paul was two years older than her claimed age.