Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Does anyone else think that this is a little bit North Korean?

And I can't imagine anyone refusing to go along with it either when asked to volunteer, even though they would be entirely within their rights to for whatever reason, political, practical or otherwise. After all, isn't Remembrance Day about the fight for freedom?

I presume Miniluv has made sure they all really wanted to do this.

regards,

Hein

And I can't imagine anyone refusing to go along with it either when asked to volunteer, even though they would be entirely within their rights to for whatever reason, political, practical or otherwise. After all, isn't Remembrance Day about the fight for freedom?

It's a little weird but not North Korean. You can see one of them though if you look. And he appears to be a....... white male! That gives a lot away!

I didn't mean it literally Dr Z unless you didn't mean it literally!

It's a little weird but not North Korean. You can see one of them though if you look. And he appears to be a....... white male! That gives a lot away!

I didn't mean it literally Dr Z unless you didn't mean it literally!

Think the misunderstanding is yours here bruh..... :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

Lord Barnett, the Labour Cabinet Minister who drew up the Barnett Formula, has died aged 91.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29877123

that surprises me.I saw him being interviewed on TV just a few weeks ago and he seemed in good health.cant believe Denis Healey outlived him !

One to keep an eye on might be Welsh Labour MP Ann Clwyd (b.1937) she said she was standing down at the election next year but has since changed her mind and maybe reselected. I always think it would be nice to have a couple of serving MPs on the radar.

That's where by-elections come from children.

So now that the mid terms are over do we skip straight to 2016 or shall we pause a while to watch the viscious scrap that is going to be the UK 2015 General Election?

Guest LookAtThem

Eminent Serbian politician ans War Criminal Vojislav Seselj has metastatic colon cancer (that spread to his liver).

He was awaiting trial in The Hague, but can travel to Serbia to receive treatment, though at this stage I think it's a matter of when, not if... http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/06/world/europe/vojislav-seselj-on-trial-for-war-crimes-is-offered-temporary-release.html

So now that the mid terms are over do we skip straight to 2016 or shall we pause a while to watch the viscious scrap that is going to be the UK 2015 General Election?

very real potential that both leaders will be challenged directly after the election or even before. Green-Lab-SNP-Lib-UKIP coalitionis my bet on the government after the election.

Ralph Hall might be one to consider for next year.

He is a 91 year old Texas congressman who was defeated in the Republican primary earlier in the year.He had been a House member since 1980 and before that he had spent the previous 20 years in Texas politics. Seems precisely the type of guy who's job was his life and could go months after his term ending in January.

very real potential that both leaders will be challenged directly after the election or even before. Green-Lab-SNP-Lib-UKIP coalitionis my bet on the government after the election.

WTF? Cameron's not going anywhere sadly. Also who right now gives a flying fuck who the leaders are after the election?

Anyway I'm loving seeing Ed Miliband in trouble. The Labour party are showing balls I never thought they had, talking about changing leaders this "close" to an election.... does anyone else think he's done now? A lot people on Thurs/Friday were essentially saying this phase will pass but the talk has got way more powerful over the weekend.

Can't stand the sodding weirdo, surely they are going to get rid of him now, you can't have this much talk from party people about someone being useless without getting rid of them.......?

WTF? Cameron's not going anywhere sadly. Also who right now gives a flying fuck who the leaders are after the election?

Anyway I'm loving seeing Ed Miliband in trouble. The Labour party are showing balls I never thought they had, talking about changing leaders this "close" to an election.... does anyone else think he's done now? A lot people on Thurs/Friday were essentially saying this phase will pass but the talk has got way more powerful over the weekend.

Can't stand the sodding weirdo, surely they are going to get rid of him now, you can't have this much talk from party people about someone being useless without getting rid of them.......?

Labour party rules do not allow the leader to be removed from within the party this close to an election so unless he falls on his own sword he will be leader in May 2015. I do get the impression with a lot of this talk is that it is designed to make Ed Milliband look weak rather than evidence that he is weak. What he could really do with is a couple of high profile celebrity deaths to keep the press occupied so they don't spend their time thinking up stupid Ed Milliband stories.

Labour party rules do not allow the leader to be removed from within the party this close to an election so unless he falls on his own sword he will be leader in May 2015. I do get the impression with a lot of this talk is that it is designed to make Ed Milliband look weak rather than evidence that he is weak. What he could really do with is a couple of high profile celebrity deaths to keep the press occupied so they don't spend their time thinking up stupid Ed Milliband stories.

Ed Miliband is actually one of the most effective Leaders of the Opposition in recent memory. After all, his intervention prevented the Syrian bombing (thus in retrospect preventing said country to be handed to IS on a plate), forced the issue on higher energy prices, stood up to Murdoch over the BSkyB takeover and hacking and had the cannonballs to stand up against his Blairlite brother against all expectations and win. To top it off he's taken a principled stand over Palestine which has pissed off the Zionists and no mistake. If that's what he's like in opposition, what will he like as PM? Hence the plotting to get rid of him...

• Like 4

Ed Miliband is actually one of the most effective Leaders of the Opposition in recent memory. After all, his intervention prevented the Syrian bombing (thus in retrospect preventing said country to be handed to IS on a plate), forced the issue on higher energy prices, stood up to Murdoch over the BSkyB takeover and hacking and had the cannonballs to stand up against his Blairlite brother against all expectations and win. To top it off he's taken a principled stand over Palestine which has pissed off the Zionists and no mistake. If that's what he's like in opposition, what will he like as PM? Hence the plotting to get rid of him...

Er....... Zionists eh? And you guys suggest us EU-sceptics are "paranoid"?

Cheeeeeerist. This thread should never have been bumped in the first place.

Oh well, almost all the people who "liked" that post were already on my fucktard list anyway so not too much damage done... :blink::rolleyes:

Er....... Zionists eh? And you guys suggest us EU-sceptics are "paranoid"?

Cheeeeeerist. This thread should never have been bumped in the first place.

Oh well, almost all the people who "liked" that post were already on my fucktard list anyway so not too much damage done... :blink::rolleyes:

I'm all hurt now.

I just want to say that the whole Emily Thornbury things goes to show why I (and I imagine everyone else on here) is not in politics.

I am fairly certain if I had seen that tweet I would have gleefully retweeted it.

Is it sneering to expect your electorate to behave rationally and be disappointed when they don't?

How have they (UKIP) convinced people that real change is acheived by voting in the same bloke in a different colour hat from a party led by a millionaire banker?

Lie down time I think.

I just want to say that the whole Emily Thornbury things goes to show why I (and I imagine everyone else on here) is not in politics.

I am fairly certain if I had seen that tweet I would have gleefully retweeted it.

Is it sneering to expect your electorate to behave rationally and be disappointed when they don't?

How have they (UKIP) convinced people that real change is acheived by voting in the same bloke in a different colour hat from a party led by a millionaire banker?

Lie down time I think.

Yeah, I don't get the outrage over the tweet thing at all. I mean, it was just a photo with a caption stating when and where, nothing sarcastic. I don't see anything contentious or offensive. I would guess from the photo that the occupants of the house were likely voting for UKIP, but so what?

Lie down time I think.

Yeah, I don't get the outrage over the tweet thing at all. I mean, it was just a photo with a caption stating when and where, nothing sarcastic. I don't see anything contentious or offensive. I would guess from the photo that the occupants of the house were likely voting for UKIP, but so what?

Honestly, you knew what kind of labotomised West Ham supporter lived there before you even saw him.

He probably has a Staffie called Tyson which he takes to work with him.

Im no snob but, yeah, I do get it. The problem is we are full of false indignation.

Its bollocks really.