weatherman90

Nancy Reagan

I have a feeling that now she's celebrated her husbands deaths 10th anniversary that she will go by the end of the year.

Why the fuck would she "celebrate" the 10th anniversary of her husband's death.......? You utterly thick fucking guest-twat-wankstain mong.

FOR THE 789945TH FUCKING TIME. SHE IS NOT. A FUCKING. SCOUSER.

AND NEITHER ARE MOST FUCKING PEOPLE IN THE U.-FUCKING-S.

YOU GORMLESS CUNT. YOU ARE SO FUCKING INBRED YOU ARE PROBABLY YOUR OWN FUCKING FATHER.

From the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary:

Celebrate, v. ..... 2. To observe with solemn rites; to honour with ceremonies, festivities, etc.

Just saying.

• Like 1

I have a feeling that now she's celebrated her husbands deaths 10th anniversary that she will go by the end of the year.

Why the fuck would she "celebrate" the 10th anniversary of her husband's death.......? You utterly thick fucking guest-twat-wankstain mong.

YOU GORMLESS CUNT. YOU ARE SO FUCKING INBRED YOU ARE PROBABLY YOUR OWN FUCKING FATHER.

Celebrate, v. ..... 2. To observe with solemn rites; to honour with ceremonies, festivities, etc.

Just saying.

I'm sure if I looked in enough weird old dictionaries I could find one where "minger" is defined as "someone I want to fuck" but no-one ever uses it to mean that. And no-one ever uses celebrate to mean "observe a solemn event" so....... yeah, no.

Why the fuck would she "celebrate" the 10th anniversary of her husband's death.......? You utterly thick fucking guest-twat-wankstain mong. FOR THE 789945TH FUCKING TIME. SHE IS NOT. A FUCKING. SCOUSER. AND NEITHER ARE MOST FUCKING PEOPLE IN THE U.-FUCKING-S. YOU GORMLESS CUNT. YOU ARE SO FUCKING INBRED YOU ARE PROBABLY YOUR OWN FUCKING FATHER.
From the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary: Celebrate, v. ..... 2. To observe with solemn rites; to honour with ceremonies, festivities, etc. Just saying.
I'm sure if I looked in enough weird old dictionaries I could find one where "minger" is defined as "someone I want to fuck" but no-one ever uses it to mean that. And no-one ever uses celebrate to mean "observe a solemn event" so....... yeah, no.

Surely the correct term here would be commemorate.

• Like 1

Just saying.

The OED is hardly a "weird old dictionary", and you are wrong about the use of the word celebrate - it is still used as I quoted, although obviously it is also used in other contexts.

Guest Guest

i meant to say commemorate

But can we celebrate her death? I mean, the Republican party is the American equivalent of Mordor.

• Like 3

Guest Guest

But can we celebrate her death? I mean, the Republican party is the American equivalent of Mordor.

You're free to celebrate her death if you want.Personally I will be a bit sad to see Nancy go.She seems not such a bad old dear.I will be celebrating her life

Guest lil gest

Nancy is still alive

Nancy is still alive

Very useful comment there - maybe you want to post that on every other thread where the person is still alive?!!

• Like 1

Nancy Reagan recently reached two longevity milestones, in October she surpassed the lifespan of Betty Ford and became the third longest lived first lady (after Bess Truman and Lady Bird Johnson) and in early November she surpassed her husband, Ronald Reagan's lifespan of 93 years and 120 days. Also should she live past December 18th she will become the third first lady (again after Bess Truman and Lady Bird Johnson) to surpass the lifespan of the longest lived President of the United States, Gerald Ford. Ronald Reagan, Gerald Ford and Betty Ford each died at age 93 and Nancy Reagan is currently 93 years old.

• Like 1

Nancy Reagan recently reached two longevity milestones, in October she surpassed the lifespan of Betty Ford and became the third longest lived first lady (after Bess Truman and Lady Bird Johnson) and in early November she surpassed her husband, Ronald Reagan's lifespan of 93 years and 120 days. Also should she live past December 18th she will become the third first lady (again after Bess Truman and Lady Bird Johnson) to surpass the lifespan of the longest lived President of the United States, Gerald Ford. Ronald Reagan, Gerald Ford and Betty Ford each died at age 93 and Nancy Reagan is currently 93 years old.

I can't be bothered Googling, so how long does she have to last to beat Bess Truman and Lady Bird Johnson?

I can't be bothered Googling, so how long does she have to last to beat Bess Truman and Lady Bird Johnson?

You can see here by sorting the first ladies by longevity, in short she has to live about another year to surpass Lady Bird Johnson and about four years to surpass Bess Truman:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_First_Ladies_of_the_United_States

You can see here by sorting the first ladies by longevity, in short she has to live about another year to surpass Lady Bird Johnson and about four years to surpass Bess Truman:

http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States

Somewhere around 20 June 2018 Nancy tops the lot, if anyone can be arsed to adjust for leap years we could nail this exactly.

http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States

Somewhere around 20 June 2018 Nancy tops the lot, if anyone can be arsed to adjust for leap years we could nail this exactly.

I think Bess Truman's record is safe. I get the impression that Nancy is unlikely to beat Lady Bird Johnson's longevity .

• Like 1

Nancy Reagan has now surpassed both the lifespan of her husband Ronald Reagan and Gerald Ford, the latter milestone means she is now the third former first lady to have lived longer than any former President after Bess Truman and Lady Bird Johnson.

Also according to my calculations Ronald and Nancy Reagan are now the longest lived Presidential couple having recently surpassed the record held by Gerald and Betty Ford.

Gerald Ford 34,133 days+ Betty Ford 34,059 days=68,192 days

Ronald Reagan 34,088 days + Nancy Reagan 34,140 (still living and thus still counting)=68,228 as of December 25, 2014

I also looked up what the record is for First Lady longevity beyond the birth of her Presidential husband. Ronald Reagan would have been 103 years old today and Nancy Reagan is still alive. Edith Bolling Galt Wilson died on what would have been her husband Woodrow Wilson's 105th birthday and Frances Folsom Cleveland died when her husband Grover Cleveland would have been 110 years old. So that record is actually further away than I thought, Nancy Reagan would have to live to be 100 years old herself to best that one.

She is somewhat frail but so was Thatcher and remained that way for yonks. And she's in better shape now when pushing 95 than Thatch was when she was 80.

She is somewhat frail but so was Thatcher and remained that way for yonks. And she's in better shape now when pushing 95 than Thatch was when she was 80.

Are you in better shape now than you were at 4 o'clock this morning? lol

hahaha....

yes

(p.s. why the fuck aren't quotes working? are they broken for anyone else?)

hahaha....

yes

(p.s. why the fuck aren't quotes working? are they broken for anyone else?)

Not working for me either, t'interwebby thing must be nursing a hangover.

Weird cos its younger than me and I'm fuckin fine.

I'm not a fan of the Republican Party, but I think Ronald and Nancy were cool people.

I'm not a fan of the Republican Party, but I think Ronald and Nancy were cool people.

I would be happier if Nancy were decidedly cooler.

• Like 2

Could you define "cool" in this context, I mean Ronnie wasn't exactly down with the kids and couldn't really be described as a "rock n roll" kinda guy.

Guest Nancy and Ronald were cool

True! They were quite cool. Reagan tried to Openly talk about UFOs and the alien presence on Earth. Nancy was open to astrology and other alternative ways of looking at things. Coming from the arts/acting they were tolerant and actually enjoyed different forms of entertainment and music. Reagan was very witty and very romantic as well - read his poems and love letters to Nancy. They also REQUIRED that the White House pay the same salary to its black domestic workers as it did to those of other races - this thanks to Nancy finding out about the situation When they moved into the White House.