Guest Guest

Is there any indication about when that photo was taken?

Yes it was taken yesterday.

Yes it was taken yesterday.

At 2.10pm, according to clock behind him and the daylight visible through the window.

Update on the Sam Simon sweepstake...

So far 16 entries are timed out. Captain Chorizo's choice of October the 2nd expired at noon today. Now in "Book" territory (30th October) till November the 5th when Charon planted his flag in the 12th of November. Beyond that, only three firm dates were bagged. Nov 15th for Fergie86, Guest Walter Wall with January 1st & Body Snatcher44 going with 4th January. Four other guesses went long but without specific dates I think we can fully discount Guest Abigail's "before new year" and Chopped Liver's "early next year - before spring".

Last chances now for Bibliogryphon and Dr. Zorders to flesh out those exact dates in "late December" and January respectively...

"Noon today"....

Ali, is it GMT or whit that decides the date?

Typically the "guess" or prediction, bags the whole day.

If two or more people put down the same winning day the prize is shared. (But really this is bad form) should this happen, this allows the orginal poster a second go, and to have an additional clear day guess)

You went with the 12th November. Book has October the 30th.

Book

Oct 30 - 31 - 01 - 02 - 03 - 04 - 05

Nov 12 - 11 - 10 - 09 - 08 - 07 - 06

Yours

So Book has till midnight on the 5th, you have from 00:01hrs on the 6th.

Local time of death counts. LA is 8 hours behind, and the 6th of November is still 3 weeks away. To me, it looks like Sam will expire in a few days from now.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2gx30gl.jpg - The pic of Sam reminds me of Japan`s former oldest man Jokichi Igarashi !He died a few weeks after this photo was taken.I think Simon is close to the 2 year cancerversairy now which is incredible in itself seeing as they caught it at such an advanced stage.

Christmas day 2014.

You can't have a second go...

Christmas day 2014.

Fink he cares?

BTW I dont remember saying anything about January.... I don't usually give a shit about these sweepstakes so scratch me off

Update on the Sam Simon sweepstake...

So far 16 entries are timed out. Captain Chorizo's choice of October the 2nd expired at noon today. Now in "Book" territory (30th October) till November the 5th when Charon planted his flag in the 12th of November. Beyond that, only three firm dates were bagged. Nov 15th for Fergie86, Guest Walter Wall with January 1st & Body Snatcher44 going with 4th January. Four other guesses went long but without specific dates I think we can fully discount Guest Abigail's "before new year" and Chopped Liver's "early next year - before spring".

Last chances now for Bibliogryphon and Dr. Zorders to flesh out those exact dates in "late December" and January respectively...

In the Deathlist 2014 thread I actually pinned the 7th November.

I think this was my most recent post on the subject so I will stick with it.

I put 16th November on The Death List 2014 thread.

Christmas day 2014.

Oops! Didn't remember the first go. Note to self, drugs.......baaad.

-Was incredibly able to make his weekly radio show earlier today!

Guest Guest
https://pbs.twimg.co...EzQC3.jpg:large Looks painfully thin now, I give him a month at most

Either the link is broken or my work has blocked that site.

Link is ok, he is not that thin though. Something like Steve Jobs 1 year before his death. He certainly is unwell, but not at death's door (yet). (Not to mention that he still seems to be able to move around without a wheelchair, so he still has some energy.)

https://pbs.twimg.co...EzQC3.jpg:large Looks painfully thin now, I give him a month at most
Either the link is broken or my work has blocked that site.
Link is ok, he is not that thin though. Something like Steve Jobs 1 year before his death. He certainly is unwell, but not at death's door (yet). (Not to mention that he still seems to be able to move around without a wheelchair, so he still has some energy.)

Must be blocked on the network I'm on. I can't see links for Twitter either.

Then again Lynda Bellingham was about the same weight a couple of weeks ago.

Guest Guest

Well, both of them had terminal (metastatic) colon cancer, but weight might not be the best prognostic factor we could think of. Of course, he could die in a heart attack tomorrow (like a cancer-stricken relative of mine did), but it's not the most likely course.

My guess is, he will be completely bedridden for at least a couple of days, twitter activity will slow down, and he might even make a final ("farewell") post along the lines of "I'm finally at the end of a long journey, I feel that I had a wonderful life and I can't express how grateful I am for...[blablabla] Goodbye and good luck everyone!"

Well, both of them had terminal (metastatic) colon cancer, but weight might not be the best prognostic factor we could think of. Of course, he could die in a heart attack tomorrow (like a cancer-stricken relative of mine did), but it's not the most likely course.

My guess is, he will be completely bedridden for at least a couple of days, twitter activity will slow down, and he might even make a final ("farewell") post along the lines of "I'm finally at the end of a long journey, I feel that I had a wonderful life and I can't express how grateful I am for...[blablabla] Goodbye and good luck everyone!"

Very strange post!

Guest Guest

Very strange post!

Of course I didn't pull all that out of my arse, I've done my research:

"[This section] lists some signs that death may be close and gives the caregivers some ideas about what they may do to help. (...)

Profound weakness – usually the patient cannot get out of bed and has trouble moving around in bed.

More drowsiness – the patient may doze or sleep much of the time if pain is relieved, and may be hard to rouse or wake.

Short attention span, may not be able to focus on what’s happening." http://www.cancer.org/treatment/nearingtheendoflife/nearingtheendoflife/nearing-the-end-of-life-death

Also - ”Physical symptoms in the last 2 to 3 months of life:

Fatigue is the feeling of being tired physically, mentally, and emotionally. Cancer-related fatigue is often defined as an unusual and ongoing sense of extreme tiredness. It tends to be more severe than the tiredness that most of us feel every day, which is short-term and gets better with rest. Many people with cancer feel that fatigue is the most distressing symptom of their disease. It’s also a symptom that almost everyone with advanced cancer has." http://www.cancer.org/treatment/nearingtheendoflife/nearingtheendoflife/nearing-the-end-of-life-physical-symptoms

So - sudden death aside - decreased activity and being bedridden might be good prognostic factors of when the final days will have arrived.

Guest Ominous Sign

His mental capacities seem to be deterriorating. He posted the same picture twice with nearly identical captions. But the second time, he also misspelled his interviewer's name. An ominous sign perhaps? 1st: http://t.co/pFIEp1lU4N 2nd: http://t.co/dnitqaCYrh

(His latest picture is also a re-posted image with a slightly different caption - perhaps he's looking too haggard to be photographed?)

https://twitter.com/Jtillathekilla2 -Judging by Jennifer Tilly`s photo last night Sam was honoured at ana wards ceremony and she had to collect it in his honour.Not surprising as he had double chemo in the week and thanked his nurse for getting him through a "tough night".I am surprised a doctor sanctioned double chemo given his obvious physical frailty.

Guest theendisnigh

https://twitter.com/Jtillathekilla2 -Judging by Jennifer Tilly`s photo last night Sam was honoured at ana wards ceremony and she had to collect it in his honour.Not surprising as he had double chemo in the week and thanked his nurse for getting him through a "tough night".I am surprised a doctor sanctioned double chemo given his obvious physical frailty.

With enough money people can always find a doc who'd give the OK. I guess it was actually his own decision. They might tell him about the risks, the side effects, the slim chances of success - but if Sam still insists he'd wanna go forward with it, then they can't stop him. Sam's tweets, especially earlier this year, revealed a very determined, combative attitude towards his disease. And the fact that he & the earlier chemo rounds had seemed to fare much better than initially predicted could have fuelled his false hopes that he might even stand a chance against the cancer. Now he might be resigned to his fate (though I'm not sure), but if he wants to prolong his life as much as possible, he has to pursue an aggressive course of treatment since the cancer should become more and more resistant to chemo and affect more and more organs.

With enough money people can always find a doc who'd give the OK. I guess it was actually his own decision. They might tell him about the risks, the side effects, the slim chances of success - but if Sam still insists he'd wanna go forward with it, then they can't stop him. Sam's tweets, especially earlier this year, revealed a very determined, combative attitude towards his disease. And the fact that he & the earlier chemo rounds had seemed to fare much better than initially predicted could have fuelled his false hopes that he might even stand a chance against the cancer. Now he might be resigned to his fate (though I'm not sure), but if he wants to prolong his life as much as possible, he has to pursue an aggressive course of treatment since the cancer should become more and more resistant to chemo and affect more and more organs.

So basically you're saying:

Cancer's gonna cance.

• Like 1

So basically you're saying:

Cancer's gonna cance.

It looks like Simon is trying to get the cancest of the lot.

regards,

Hein