maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

Shelley Riley Moore The former 1st Lady of West Virginia is dead at 88

Her daughter Shelley Moore Capito is expected to become the states first female Senator after the November election

• Like 1

Sir Matt Busby's son, Sandy, has died; cause of death as yet undisclosed.

Rosalind Buckland, the Rosie who inspired Laurie Lee's 'Cider With Rosie' has died days before her 100th birthday - she died on Saturday and would have been 100 tomorrow.

http://www.wrestling...l-Bearers-Sons/

One of paul bearer's son's.

I feel really bad for Daniel moody , he lost his mum in 2009 his dad in 2013 and brother 2014 . Best wishes to him !!

Rosalind Buckland, the Rosie who inspired Laurie Lee's 'Cider With Rosie' has died days before her 100th birthday - she died on Saturday and would have been 100 tomorrow.

Notable for sure and Rosie in the book is called Rosie Burdock, so she's a passable claimant but...

Laurie Lee always claimed Rosie was a combination of characteristics from a number of girls he knew and Rosie Buckland wasn't the only one to identify herself as the source of Rosie Burdock. The BBC report makes clear this Rosie never drank cider, and the scene where Lee has cider with Rosie is pivotal to the whole thing, so the pubescent Laurie got pissed with some other girl.

Rant over!

Eric the Midget from the Howard Stern show has died age 39.

I looked but couldn't find a thread for little people.... if anyone wants to make one how about "High Profile Little People" for a title?

The latest from everyone's favourite non-famous Welsh drag queen sounds less than fabulous:

LFaga01.png

The latest from everyone's favourite non-famous Welsh drag queen sounds less than fabulous:

LFaga01.png

Local paper coverage, death race points as and when, right? I mean...my knowledge of obscure Welsh drag queens is sadly limited.

• Like 1

To be specific on Kara, he's a vegetarian and dying of a variant of CFJ. Known to the nationals and probably bizarre and tragic enough to snag genuine news coverage. He's already gone further than some predicted. The Mirror reckoned he had months in August last year.

Link: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/vegetarian-diagnosed-mad-cow-disease-2211551

Wiki (lol) has the microbiologist John, brother of Oliver, Postgate as having died yesterday.

Can't see owt yet , but might be worthy of further attention.

Guest Guest

Got off with only five years probation? Wow, he was lucky.

The American legal system is really interesting. How was that a manslaughter and not murder? It was clearly not a heat of passion killing: he shot that guy in cold blood, the killing was deliberate and I think even premediated. I don't see how he didn't get at least 10 years in jail.

Randy Chrisley The brother of reality tv star Todd Chrisley has stage 4 cancer. Quite possibly would scrape by with a Daily Mail Obit should he die.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Heart-surgeon-Marius-Barnard-dies-report-20141115

Christiaan Barnards' brother Marius at 87.

Also a surgeon, indeed part of that heart transplant team, he also 'invented' critical illness cover.

The Sun today revealed that Nadia Forde's (http://nadiaforde.com/) mum is terminally ill. The pair were estranged for years but Nadia visited her mum's bedside, before jetting off to appear in I'm A Celebrity...

So, publicity probs assured as and when.

Then again, The Sun didn't actually name the poor woman.

The Sun today revealed that Nadia Forde's (http://nadiaforde.com/) mum is terminally ill. The pair were estranged for years but Nadia visited her mum's bedside, before jetting off to appear in I'm A Celebrity...

Being neither a 'Sun' reader nor an 'I'm a Nonenity...' viewer, I have no idea who Nadia Forde is; is she actually "famous" or just "famous"? I mean, will anyone still remember her 3 months after she's left the jungle?

Fame can be so fleeting...

• Like 2

Being neither a 'Sun' reader nor an 'I'm a Nonenity...' viewer, I have no idea who Nadia Forde is; is she actually "famous" or just "famous"? I mean, will anyone still remember her 3 months after she's left the jungle?

Fame can be so fleeting...

I'd say it's do-able in the tabloids, apart from anything else Nadia is the kind who has "people" who'd think to inform the papers when anything in her life happened. And the various tabloids have journos grateful/lazy enough to want such filler on a plate.

Does he really merit a thread to himself? He is only notable for being related to a famous person, and there is already a thread for such people.

Blimey, that was quick :lol:

Edited by Toast
Topics merged