Saint Peter

Death List Convention

Great to see you Lady G, I'll confess to being the only DLer on hand to spurn the twisted spuds...the venison burger getting my vote!

Good choice. I had one last year, though I thought it was a little dear.

*gets coat*

Great to see you Lady G, I'll confess to being the only DLer on hand to spurn the twisted spuds...the venison burger getting my vote!

*gets coat*

You don't get much for your buck.

• Like 1

*gets coat*

D'oh

*gets coat*

D'oh

Everyone should try one. I'm game.

*gets coat*

D'oh

Everyone should try one. I'm game.

Austerity forces me to buy deer testicles from under a buck at my local butcher.

Know what? Just maybe time to pin Saturday the 26th September, Canterbury Food and Drink Festival - Friday 25 to Sunday 27 September 2015...

Unless someone knows better...

• Like 2

Know what? Just maybe time to pin Saturday the 26th September, Canterbury Food and Drink Festival - Friday 25 to Sunday 27 September 2015...

There was some discussion last year about whether London might be more central. Very convivial last year on Canterbury but, you could have squeezed us into one car, though non of us was fit to drive.

There was some discussion last year about whether London might be more central. Very convivial last year on Canterbury but, you could have squeezed us into one car, though non of us was fit to drive.

Yes it was great, maryportfuncity and welshman are a total pleasure to spend an afternoon drinking with,never a dull moment, but you could have fitted that convention on a tricycle never mind in a car. I am all for DL'ers having a convention again this year at the Canterbury food and drink fest, it is fab but I won't be able to make it this year. It is expensive for me to make the journey from my part of Scotland to Kent, there is no overnight quick option as it is a long slog and as I have done with every DL Convention I have attended I have made a weekend of it. This year I have committed myself to a weekend in Edinburgh at the start of October with a bunch of ladies I have been friends with since childhood, anyone who has booked a 2 night stay in a hotel in Edinburgh at any time of the year knows there isn't a cheap way of staying there and if there is you may get cockroaches in your bed. So LG will be bowing out of a Canterbury rematch in September in favour of cocktails and being exposed to embarrassing photos of herself as a child with some longtime friends she hasn't seen in many years. I do hope some DL'ers take the plunge and make a go of it in Canterbury.

I'm too far away too, probably too new to be a fully fledged Conventioneer, plus that's my birthday week so I'll have events planned at the time, catching up with all the folks I haven't been seeing while I have been staying in, winding up my brother's estate.

I'd really like to come along one year though, "or summat" lol.

Well I live within reasonable travelling distance to get to Canterbury or London so would attempt to come if enough people are interested. Never met anyone on the DL forums before but most of you seem like fun sort of people and if all other conversation fails we could always just revert back to talking about dying celebrities and pass the time with copious amounts of alcohol.

Well I live within reasonable travelling distance to get to Canterbury or London so would attempt to come if enough people are interested. Never met anyone on the DL forums before but most of you seem like fun sort of people and if all other conversation fails we could always just revert back to talking about dying celebrities and pass the time with copious amounts of alcohol.

We do very little else when we meet.

• Like 3

We do very little else when we meet.

That does sound familiar.

I hope to make it this year.

North of york and i might consider it

So who's going?

So who's going?

Sadly not me this time.

I posted the question, but right now my back pain says "don't even think about it". Sorry, more than likely not me.

It turns out that the free day I thought I had isn't actually free, so not me either!

Joining the chorus - too far away

Much as Canterbury is usually a decent trek for me, the discussion last time there was about London being more convenient for more people - obviously our US, Dutch and other posters might beg to differ on that one.

Re Canterbury, did Welshman and Harry partake of a few ales and some nostalgic banter about the founding of our mighty Deathlist?

• Like 1

Re Canterbury, did Welshman and Harry partake of a few ales and some nostalgic banter about the founding of our mighty Deathlist?

Harry, Welshman, come in...please!

Update, Harry FB'd me, pints were sunk, banter was enjoyed, but attendance short of a Con (I think it's four or more innit?)

• Like 1

Just putting the feelers out there, but would anyone potentially be up for a con in Cologne at some point next year (not carnival time)?

Just putting the feelers out there, but would anyone potentially be up for a con in Cologne at some point next year (not carnival time)?

Cologne isn't too far away for me, train fare is reasonable, so count me in. Cologne is nice in late spring, early summer. I agree with avoiding carnival time.

Sounds interesting. Got friends living close and not seen them since 2004. Provisionally possible...

• Like 1