DevonDeathTrip

Life In Prison

Shrien Dewani trial will start on 06th October.

For those of you missing the Oscar Pistorius guide to South African justice.

Oscar will find out his fate on September the 11th I have a feeling we are going to see another OJ Simpson type moment.

Why?

• Like 1

Oscar will find out his fate on September the 11th I have a feeling we are going to see another OJ Simpson type moment.

Why?

Just a feeling the judge does seem to be sympathetic and bought his whole crocodile tears.

Also I think the judge will go on lack of concrete evidence.

Why?

Just a feeling the judge does seem to be sympathetic and bought his whole crocodile tears.

Also I think the judge will go on lack of concrete evidence.

Well what about the witnesses that said they heard her scream before the shots? Surely that has to be a big factor?

I still think you might have the correct "feeling" though, y'know since he's a rich athlete and they're allowed to kill people.

No, it's a show trial, an opportunity to demonstrate that South Africa can deliver justice after a fair trial, even if the defendant is white rich and famous no matter who the defendant may be.

Will they throw the book at him, but allow his bail to continue before sentencing so that he can abscond to Mozambique where his mega-rich family owns property and which has no extradition treaty with South Africa put his affairs in order before going to jail.

• Like 2

Manslaughter I reckon. 5 years, out in 2...

A man waiting to be sentenced after his shot his son in a dispute over the tv cable bill, has died in jail.

Pang Vang, 84, pleaded guilty in early August to killing Chue Vang. Investigators say Pang Vang shot his son back in March, and then stabbed himself. He said he wanted to settle the cable dispute in the afterlife

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s3576153.shtml

Carlos the Jackel is to face a new trial for murders committed in 1974 but if you look at the picture he now looks like Jim Broadbent

Broadbent the Jackal doesn't have the same scary ring, does it?

• Like 1

Anytime this thread is updated, I immediately think "Tobin's dead" and every time: disappointment.

Carlos the Jackel is to face a new trial for murders committed in 1974 but if you look at the picture he now looks like Jim Broadbent

Surely "Jim the Jackal' has a better ring to it. Although it's still not as intimidating.

Surely "Jim the Jackal' has a better ring to it. Although it's still not as intimidating.

Jackal Jim, still not Carlos the Jackal though, I'm thinking that slightly exotic "Carlos" is the key.

Jackal Jim, still not Carlos the Jackal though, I'm thinking that slightly exotic "Carlos" is the key.

Has anyone asked Deathlist member Anubis the Jackal for his opinion? :shoot2:

I don't think we should get too excited by this headline about Oscar Pistorius because I suspect it means he won't be going to prison

Then again, if he stays out do we want to get excited about the life expectancy of his current girlfriend?

I don't think we should get too excited by this headline about Oscar Pistorius because I suspect it means he won't be going to prison

Then again, if he stays out do we want to get excited about the life expectancy of his current girlfriend?

There you go shooting off again...

There were some pretty unpleasant types in court today giving him the evil eye, including a guy who's already killed somebody and got away with it (bit like Oscar, did I hear you say?). So prison might actually be a safer place for him.

1413450743830_wps_4_Oscar_Pistorius_right_cro.jpg

btw Oscar is the only killer in this photo: this fellow is the chap whose legs Oscar threatened to break a while back.

While we're on the subject, it's worth hearing what the disabled folk of South Africa really think of Oscar Pisspoorstorius.

This deserves wide circulation. It's by Ari Seirlis, who is the CEO of the QuadPara Association of South Africa (QASA).

Stand up and show us the man that you said you were.

Dear Oscar – here’s how you can still make a difference

Mr Pistorius, the greatest contribution you can make for those with disabilities will be in prison. So show the country that you are the great man you said you were – take your punishment, and make prison a place where disabilities are well accommodated.

People with disabilities in South Africa - and the formal disability agencies and associations representing this constituency - have been trying, desperately, to be recognised in the mainstream.

We want equal employment opportunities, we want to be recognised as contributors to society in South Africa, we want the opportunity to circulate in accessible transport and building infrastructure. We want to get degrees, diplomas, jobs, promotions; we want to have families.

All part of normal society.

However, when we transgress, and break the law, we must accept the appropriate punishment, too. We do not want special laws for people with disabilities just because one OP killed his girlfriend. And now you, the very same person who bragged about fighting your way into the Olympic arena, which you thought was greater than the Paralympic arena, are desperately trying to find a way of doing community service in the disability sector and community.

You must also show your colours in the correctional services arena. JAIL.

We do not want you doing community service in our sector. You profess to have inspired the disability sector and constituency. A referendum would prove you wrong. Your arrogance has never been embraced by us. Your achievements have only fed your own ego. Your definition of philanthropy is giving away an old pair of Nikes and a scratched pair of Oakleys, mixing with people with disabilities whilst cameras flash; giving away your signature.

You should learn from the greatest philanthropists. Alas, it is too late.

If you want to make a difference for the disability sector, please go to jail and make sure that they provide the necessary reasonable and accessible accommodations for yourself and those with disabilities to follow.

Influence the correctional services authorities on what is required to have basic human rights in prison. No more, no less.

By not serving time in jail, you are ensuring that those facilities, should they not be accessible, will simply remain so.

You are fast, you are agile, you know how to use a weapon - so don't fear, you will survive. The only difference is that you won't have a fan club.

Stand up and show us the man that you said you were. Take your punishment, and you will see that South Africans are very forgiving.

You have lots to contemplate behind those bars and, I guess, still plenty of time to make a difference on this earth.

• Like 1

I really can't believe he got away with it , feel so bad for reeva's parents. How that judge swallowed his story i'll never know . Maybe she thought she had to balance it up for the whole OJ thing . Jokes aside though I wonder if this is an example of a black ruled south Africa being lenient because he is white , as to show they aren't treating whites harshly in new multicultural south Africa , might look bad a black judge sending down a white person. Or is it simply because he is rich , famous and sympathy for being disabled ?

I really can't believe he got away with it , feel so bad for reeva's parents. How that judge swallowed his story i'll never know . Maybe she thought she had to balance it up for the whole OJ thing . Jokes aside though I wonder if this is an example of a black ruled south Africa being lenient because he is white , as to show they aren't treating whites harshly in new multicultural south Africa , might look bad a black judge sending down a white person. Or is it simply because he is rich , famous and sympathy for being disabled ?

No, I followed the trial quite closely and there is a heavy stench of corruption. It was rumoured early on that money and power would decide the outcome.

Take a look at this, it was revealing.

Mortimer claims that during an altercation – which rapidly escalated from verbal to physical – Pistorius boasted how influential his family was.“He was showing me photographs of armoured cars on his mobile phone and said,

‘My family supplies the SANDF. [President Jacob] Zuma works for us. I’ll piss on Zuma.’”

• Like 1

Anni Diwani shot firer Xolile Mngeni is likely to be released from prison on compassionate grounds because his brain tumour is going to do for him before too long. Such news this early in the year probs rules him out of 2015 on grounds of death by then, but nailed on if he is still breathing on New Year's Day.

"Compassionate grounds"........ for a guy who shot a 28 year old woman, lulz. Oh yeah we can't have a guy like that dying in jail now could we?

Xolile Mngeni has died while in custody in hospital.

Guest Guest

Oscar Pistorius sentenced to 5 years in jail.😱

Try 10 months not 5 years....

She figured he'd be safer in prison for a little while. They'll still be waiting for him when he comes out though ....

Now they call him Blade Runner because he's running away from blades.

• Like 1

Try 10 months not 5 years....

The sentence was 5 years, although 10 months of that will most likely be served in prison and the rest under house arrest.

• Like 1