Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

When is something going to be done about this twat John Bercow? The little shite and his party-going, stocking-showing, gypsy-loving slag of a wife of his have somehow managed to bring the office of Speaker into disrepute, and apart from what recently emerged about Speaker Thomas and his penchant for younger men, the olffice of Speaker has generally been someone of dignity, like Betty Boothroyd.

But then there was Mick Martin!!!!!!111

Bercow seems to be making up rules as he goes along and I can't see him being in the role following the General Election.

I suppose he's just like the rest of them really.............fuck them all!!!!!!!!!!

Now that the Clacton by-election has been called and Carswell seems to be becoming the first UKIP MP, why doesn't Boris Johnson offer himself as the Tory candidate for Clacton and leave Uxbridge to James Cracknell?

I would see that as the only way the Tories could hold the seat in Clacton and I would love to wipe the lop-sided grin on Carswell's face.

I'll give him credit for resigning though annd not just crossing the floor.

It is interesting to note that the Conservative candidate in South Thanet where Nigel Farage (or NF as I call him) is standing is a former UKIP deputy leader.

I think that a number of Tory's will defect to UKIP when parliament is dissolved but before nominations close in specific seats especially if a significant Labour victory is expected.

I'm giving serious thought to putting Tony Blair's name forward under this thread, because the more I see and hear of the man and his arrogance, avarice and apathy, there just might be some nutter out there who could do us all a favour and get rid of him and his slag of a wife.

OK, I hate them both with a vengeance, but how is this man getting away with what he is? I see that whilst the Middle East rages, the Middle East peace envoy is having yet another freebie, paid for by some sucker who has toadied up to the slimeball...

I would like to take Blair to a nearby pub and introduce him to the landlord, whose son was one of the many who lost their lives through this man's stupidity.

If that's not bad enough, it appears that one of his brats will be an MP next year, for a safe seat in Liverpool...............God, I need a drink!!!!!!

The world has gone completely mad: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2741328/What-Middle-East-crisis-Disbelief-Tony-Blair-handed-jaw-dropping-philanthropist-year-title-GQ-awards-ceremony.html

I agree What a message to send out to the world!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that the award was some kind of spoof, but no, there he was accepting the award, cheesy grin on his face, and apparently receiving this for establishing charities in Africa

You couldn't make it up. Pass the sick bag!!!!!!!!!

Just read an article saying that if the independance vote is a Yes result David Cameron should resign.

He has already said that he would not resign but if enough people think he would have to would this be an incentive to vote Yes?

Just read an article saying that if the independance vote is a Yes result David Cameron should resign.

He has already said that he would not resign but if enough people think he would have to would this be an incentive to vote Yes?

Couldn't really see it making a difference. If they vote Yes, they'll be rid of him before they change and if they vote no they'll be rid of him in a year. Not much difference either way

Jim Dobbin, Labour MP for Heywood and Middleton; http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-29100304 - another by-election on the way then, probably be late October.

Obituary in the i this morning courtesy of the West Lothian questioner Tam Dalyell. He must be worth considering when Denis Healy finally goes.

A list of Lords from The Lord of Lists

The following 20 peers are the oldest of those who have been given extended leave of absence from their duties in the Lords. It is possible that such leave is granted for other reasons such as holding a UN or EU political appointed post but considering the youngest of these will be 87 this year I imagine most of them are ill or frail, and remember there are many older people than this still active in the Upper House.

1. Michael Sandberg (b.1927)
  2. John (J D) Sainsbury (b.1927)
  3. Gwilym prys Prys-Davies (b.1923)
  4. Jim Prior (b.1927)
  5. Beryl Platt (b.1923)
  6. Olive Nicol (b.1923)
  7. James Molyneaux (b.1920)
  8. Roy Mason (b.1924)
  9. George Mackie (b.1919)
  10. Betty Lockwood (b.1924)
  11. Philip Knights (b.1920)
  12. William Griffiths (b.1923)
  13. Robert Goff (b.1926)
  14. Robert Lindsay (b.1927)
  15. Alun Gwynne-Jones (b.1919)
  16. Asa Briggs (b.1921)
  17. Thomas Bridges (b.1927)
  18. Derek Barber (b.1918)
  19. Ian Paisley (b.1926)
  20. Richard Attenborough (b.1923)

There should be an obit for any of these.

Two weeks after I posted this Richard Attenborough died. Yesterday it was four weeks. Will we get another one? No 19 possibly?

Jim Dobbin, Labour MP for Heywood and Middleton; http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-29100304 - another by-election on the way then, probably be late October.

Labour have selected 09th October for the by-election which makes it the same day as Clacton.

This should go to script as a straight forward Labour Hold but one factor that might be worth considering is that this part of Manchester was the home constituency of Lee Rigby.

Guest AJS

The following 20 peers are the oldest of those who have been given extended leave of absence from their duties in the Lords. It is possible that such leave is granted for other reasons such as holding a UN or EU political appointed post but considering the youngest of these will be 87 this year I imagine most of them are ill or frail, and remember there are many older people than this still active in the Upper House.

4. Jim Prior (b.1927)
  5. Beryl Platt (b.1923)
  6. Olive Nicol (b.1923)
  8. Roy Mason (b.1924)
  13. Robert Goff (b.1926)
  16. Asa Briggs (b.1921)
  19. Ian Paisley (b.1926)

Two weeks after I posted this Richard Attenborough died. Yesterday it was four weeks. Will we get another one? No 19 possibly?

Looks like you were right, Ian Paisley dead:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...reland-29177705

4. Jim Prior (b.1927)
  5. Beryl Platt (b.1923)
  6. Olive Nicol (b.1923)
  8. Roy Mason (b.1924)
  13. Robert Goff (b.1926)
  16. Asa Briggs (b.1921)
  19. Ian Paisley (b.1926)

Shit

Does anyone know Derek Barber's phone number?

Guest Guest

4. Jim Prior (b.1927)
  5. Beryl Platt (b.1923)
  6. Olive Nicol (b.1923)
  8. Roy Mason (b.1924)
  13. Robert Goff (b.1926)
  16. Asa Briggs (b.1921)
  19. Ian Paisley (b.1926)

Shit

Does anyone know Derek Barber's phone number?

I'll phone the undertakers and book him in for Tuesday week! :o

Trumpets sound, heavens open and the list of 53 surviving MEPs from the first parliament descends to the Deathlist

1. Gordon Adam (1933-
  2. Richard Balfe (1944-
  3. Neil Balfour (1944-
  4. Beata Brookes (1931-
  5. Richard Caborn (1943-
  6. Frederick Catherwood (1925-
  7. Ann Clwyd (1937-
  8. Ken Collins (1939-
  9. Richard Cottrell (1943-
  10. David Curry (1944-
  11. Ian Dalziel (1947-
  12. Marquess of Douro (Charles Wellesley) (1945-
  13. Winifred Ewing (1929-
  14. Adam Fergusson (1932-
  15. Michael Gallagher (1934-
  16. Win Griffiths (1943-
  17. David Harris (1937-
  18. Gloria Hooper (1939-
  19. William Hopper (1929-
  20. Brian Hord (1934-
  21. John Hume (1937-
  22. Alasdair Hutton (1940-
  23. Christopher Jackson (1935-
  24. Robert V. Jackson (1936-
  25. Stanley Johnson (1940-
  26. Edward Kellett-Bowman (1931-
  27. Brian Key (1947-
  28. Alfred Lomas (1928-
  29. John Marshall (1940-
  30. Robert Moreland (1941-
  31. Bill Newton Dunn (1941-
  32. Lord O'Hagan (Charles Strachey) (1945-
  33. Ian Paisley (1926-2014)
  34. Ben Patterson (1939-
  35. Andrew Pearce (1937-
  36. Henry Plumb (1925-
  37. Peter Price (1942-
  38. James Provan (1936-
  39. John Purvis (1938-
  40. Joyce Quin (1944-
  41. Allan Rogers (1932-
  42. Barry Seal (1937-
  43. Richard Simmonds (1944-
  44. Anthony Simpson (1935
  45. Tom Spencer (1948-
  46. James Spicer (1925-
  47. Jack Stewart-Clark (1929-
  48. John Taylor (1937-
  49. John Taylor (1941-
  50. Frederick Tuckman (1922-
  51. Amedee Turner (1929-
  52. Alan Tyrrell (1933-
  53. Michael Welsh (1942-

Some of these went on to have ministerial careers such as Richard Caborn and other are already on the radar like Ian Paisley but assembling a DDP team from this lot would be a leap of faith as many will be tocuh and go for an Obit. However if you have spies in the local press then this could be a good source of information.

The 1979 elections were held on the First past the post principal with constituencys being roughly approximated to counties it is only in later elections that we get the regional approach and a move to the D'Hondt system.

Another list that needs updating for Ian Paisley

Shit my DDP is looking pretty obvious of late!

Former Congressman Jim Traficant, convicted of bribery, dies after a tractor accident and was 73 years old.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/convicted-ex-congressman-jim-traficant-dies

He was the second member of Congress to be expelled since the Civil War and apparently quite eccentric.

Those of you who take notice of such things will realise that I am not David Cameron's biggest fan but his speech this week proved why he is the leader of the Conservative party.

He was right when he pointed out that Labour could not criticise him with regard to the NHS and his relationship with it. However the important point is that the General Election 2015 should not be a popularity contest between him and Ed Miliband it is about electing a group of people to run the country. There have been tory MPs who have gone on the record about how the NHS is a millstone around the neck of the country and we should have a system similar to US or Singapore. So the question is are the Tory MPs hiding behind a moderate, pretending to be more Eurosceptic than he actually is, personable and articulate leader?

I know I'm probably going to come into a lot of flack for this but Cameron seems to have deliberately engineered an emotive issue out of his personal battles regarding the NHS. To me the point of the NHS is a service to ensure nobody is unfairly disadvantaged because they can't afford healthcare. not a service to ensure people who don't need it get healthcare on the free. He comes from an extremely rich family and has a very large salary, why was he and his family not on private healthcare, which would have freed the spaces up for people who couldn't afford it - the purpose of the NHS? Especially, as he's a Conservative who argues for the means testing of most benefits, why is the NHS not one of those?

To clarify, I'm aware the cost of his son's treatment may have been much higher than I envisage it to have been but I'm still cynical is extremely rich father wouldn't have chipped in for his grandson?

Maybe I've grown to the point of no return in my cynicism and distrust of politicians and this is an abhorrent proposition to raise, sorry if that's the case.

• Like 1