Godot

Mollie Sugden et al

Patricia Routledge is 85 today.

so?

So you're a useless cunt :P

I know I am. But whats the significance of Patricia Routledge turning 85? Does it mean she's about to die? if not why mention it?

It is always useful to remind people how old the potential picks are, and what better way than by marking their birthdays. As posts go I thought it was fairly harmless but it seems to have annoyed you.

Be as one with the world.

Are you posting from a Chinese opium den?

Ken 'orrible Ives' Jones has left us, and I'll say thanks for a unique pick on DDP http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/porridge-actor-ken-jones-dead-3145578

(DDP) Governor: Pity he didn't die a bit earlier, he would have been a hit for that Porridge theme team.

Fletcher: Yeah, he would be well choked about that...

Kenny Ireland, who played swinger Donald in Benidorm and Derek in Acorn Antiques, dies from cancer aged 68

That must be about the third or fourth person we've lost from the original House of Cards in the last year or so. Maybe more. (although 1 or 2 were only very minor roles).

As this is a Mollie Sugden thread, is there anybody still with us from Grace Brothers?

Guest Guest

As this is a Mollie Sugden thread, is there anybody still with us from Grace Brothers?

Nicholas Jones and Mike Berry

Guest Guest

make that Nicholas Smith and Mike Berry

was Nicholas Smith Mr. Rumbold and as for Mike Berry, i thought he was a singer with the Outlaws.

Hardly in the category of Messrs. Inman, Thornton, Bannister and mesdames Sugden and Richards.

Are those nubiles who accompanied young Mr. Grace still around

Kenny Ireland, who played swinger Donald in Benidorm and Derek in Acorn Antiques, dies from cancer aged 68

This show is like the fucking Pretenders of sitcoms, isn't that the fourth cast member dead now?

• Like 1

This show is like the fucking Pretenders of sitcoms, isn't that the fourth cast member dead now?

Off the top of my head Geoffrey Hutchinson, Kate O'Mara and Wendy Richard - although the latter two were guest characters..

Sheila Reid looks nailed on to be next, unless Johnny Vegas finally has that heart attack he's due..

That must be about the third or fourth person we've lost from the original House of Cards in the last year or so. Maybe more. (although 1 or 2 were only very minor roles).

They probably saw the netflix remake and didn't want to continue living

sid_id.gif

awaiting proper obit...............

Guest Guest

Sad to see another Only Fools and Horses actor gone.been watching it lately

Sad to see another Only Fools and Horses actor gone.been watching it lately

It makes 2 from Bottom recently as well.

sid_id.gif

awaiting proper obit...............

Shame - he was great in Time Gentlemen Please.

Just doing a mid-year cull for the DDP next year, and one of those dropped is Ronald Forfar, Freddy Boswell in Bread. Only 74, but that meant he was early 50's when he was in Bread, and he looked near 70 then. Doesn't appear to have done much for aeons, but no health news means he's too much of a risk to pick.

He's resurfaced in Rochester, still rather odd looking but looks ok for his age.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/bread-tv-star-ronald-forfar-23734/

• Like 1

Heard from a pretty reliable source that Gerald Sim, occasionally discussed in this thread, died last Sunday and the funeral was yesterday. I'm not sure if the family have requested no press coverage or if his star had fell that far that nobody could be bothered to knock up 250 words for the BBC online, but I'm pretty sure you can cross him off 2015.

Heard from a pretty reliable source that Gerald Sim, occasionally discussed in this thread, died last Sunday and the funeral was yesterday. I'm not sure if the family have requested no press coverage or if his star had fell that far that nobody could be bothered to knock up 250 words for the BBC online, but I'm pretty sure you can cross him off 2015.

If true, could be to get the family mourning out of the way for Sheila Sim's sake before the press announce it? With her health, and losing her husband and brother in 3 months, I doubt she'll be about in twelve months time.

If true, could be to get the family mourning out of the way for Sheila Sim's sake before the press announce it? With her health, and losing her husband and brother in 3 months, I doubt she'll be about in twelve months time.

Obvious things I've only just realised#904 - Gerald and Sheila Sims are siblings.

• Like 2

Obvious things I've only just realised#904 - Gerald and Sheila Sims are siblings.

You are not the only one. I also didn't know that she was Dickies wife either.

Tis not important.