Magere Hein

The Deathlist Howto

Can anyone help me? I messed up my signature after clicking on the "Toggle editing mode" button". I don't even know what it's for, but I clicked on it and now I have to deal with the consequences. What to do?

I made an attempt to fix it for you. Is this what you had in mind?

regards,

Hein

Can anyone help me? I messed up my signature after clicking on the "Toggle editing mode" button". I don't even know what it's for, but I clicked on it and now I have to deal with the consequences. What to do?

I made an attempt to fix it for you. Is this what you had in mind?

regards,

Hein

Yes, it's perfect. Thanks, Magere Hein.

How come you guys don't delete accounts that haven't been active in 8-10 years...or active at all? I browsed through the member list and was particularly fascinated by Con Dolence. He/she joined on April 5, 2004, has made zero posts to date, but actually logged in on May 20, 2010 for God knows what reason...

How come you guys don't delete accounts that haven't been active in 8-10 years...or active at all? I browsed through the member list and was particularly fascinated by Con Dolence. He/she joined on April 5, 2004, has made zero posts to date, but actually logged in on May 20, 2010 for God knows what reason...

A. Because that would be a douchebag thing to do?

B. Also even if they wanted to they couldn't be arsed.

C. It's probably fun to imagine them trying to remember what their passwords are 5-10 years later, like an old Alzheimer's-riddled bat trying to remember what year she got married in.

C. It's probably fun to imagine them trying to remember what their passwords are 5-10 years later, like an old Alzheimer's-riddled bat trying to remember what year she got married in.

About once a year I do a pruning session, in which I remove members who have registered several years ago and never logged in again. Members who did log on even once stay, because of A.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

About once a year I do a pruning session, in which I remove members who have registered several years ago and never logged in again. Members who did log on even once stay, because of A.

regards,

Hein

I can confirm this. I once mentioned in passing that I had originally tried to register in a name that proved to have been taken.

Much much later I was contacted by one of the mods/admins and given the option of using the name, as there had been one of these periodic culls and the member in question had never posted.

I declined the invitation, but appreciated the gesture.

regards,

Hein

I can confirm this. I once mentioned in passing that I had originally tried to register in a name that proved to have been taken.

Much much later I was contacted by one of the mods/admins and given the option of using the name, as there had been one of these periodic culls and the member in question had never posted.

I declined the invitation, but appreciated the gesture.

The offer is still there if you ever change your mind. (Unless someone else registers using that name)

It was Brown Bread. Sometimes used, in the tradition of rhyming slang, to mean "dead".

Toast is, in a way, another kind of brown bread, so I thought it a good substitute.

And "toast" can also mean dead in a sort of threatening context, as in the phrase "if I catch him doing that, he's toast"

Plus on a cheery note, it's drink-related. :champagne:

So all in all, I think it a much better name than Brown Bread.

There's also a DDP team (not mine) called Brown Bread, which might have caused confusion.

Do the hot topic tags annoy anyone else?

They seem to be on every thread, surely that defeats the point of their purpose to show us when a topic has more interests than overs. I mean there on topics with less than two pages in some cases..

It was Brown Bread. Sometimes used, in the tradition of rhyming slang, to mean "dead".

Toast is, in a way, another kind of brown bread, so I thought it a good substitute.

And "toast" can also mean dead in a sort of threatening context, as in the phrase "if I catch him doing that, he's toast"

There's also a DDP team (not mine) called Brown Bread, which might have caused confusion.

Haha, I can see you really like bread. ;)

Another thing: Toast rhyhmes with ghost, which is also death-related. :ghost3:

Haha, I can see you really like bread. ;)

Another thing: Toast rhyhmes with ghost, which is also death-related. :ghost3:

Well .... it doesn't really have anything to do with bread.

The Ghost of Toast :ghost2: .... hmmm .... I may use that - later. B)

I have a question. Does anyone ever order and/or buy the DL merchandise? How much money do you guys earn from it?

I have a question. Does anyone ever order and/or buy the DL merchandise? How much money do you guys earn from it?

They's probs not gonna openly discuss finances with the likes of us kiddo.

Unless the site admin is loaded or something, and wants to show off. Also I hope you don't find it too patronising you calling me kiddo considering we're both in our 20s. :D:lol:

I did actually send a funny idea for a new piece of DL merch, but I haven't heard anything back since - which isn't surprising since Grim Reaper hasn't logged in since before I sent the PM.....

(p.s. that's the first time I've logged onto DL and seen all-3-boards headed by new posts by you, lolz)

Unless the site admin is loaded or something, and wants to show off. Also I hope you don't find it too patronising you calling me kiddo considering we're both in our 20s. :D:lol:

I did actually send a funny idea for a new piece of DL merch, but I haven't heard anything back since - which isn't surprising since Grim Reaper hasn't logged in since before I sent the PM.....

(p.s. that's the first time I've logged onto DL and seen all-3-boards headed by new posts by you, lolz)

Nah, kiddo is alrite by me. What was your idea? Hopefully something more creative than just putting that cranium picture on every single (otherwise forgettable) items.

Oh really? I guess I had a lot to say that day then, haha.

By the way, I see you've made friends with the devil. Copycat! :skill2:

Nah, kiddo is alrite by me. What was your idea? Hopefully something more creative than just putting that cranium picture on every single (otherwise forgettable) items.

Oh really? I guess I had a lot to say that day then, haha.

By the way, I see you've made friends with the devil. Copycat! :skill2:

Not sure what (or who) you mean with the copycat remark.

Anyway I'm just using him as a messenger, so I can talk to Thatcher.

Coff.............

Eh, some general IP banning being going on?

3 network by any chance?

Coff.............

Eh, some general IP banning being going on?

3 network by any chance?

Not really. Only 3 bans in the last 2-3 weeks. Not sure about the network though.

Weird.

Said the usual 'you are not allowed to visit this community ' , deleted cookies etc and couldn't get on as a guest, as if it was IP ban. Logged in with a proxy, ruled out me being banned, but fine now.

Same again this morning.

Happening on laptops 2 browsers and phones 2 browsers.

Says ''[#2000] You are not allowed to visit this community. ''

Can see I had a notification but am stuck at home screen, log in through a proxy and my account is ok and I can read my notification (just a 'liked' post one).

For the record, I am on 3 mobile, and I tether to the laptop through the phone. Have restarted the connection a couple of times which should have changed my ip, but no difference.

Have you checked your computer for unusual downloads or programs you don't recognise, might be malicious software rather than anything to do with the site?

Have you checked your computer for unusual downloads or programs you don't recognise, might be malicious software rather than anything to do with the site?

Don't think so as it affects both phone and laptop.Other sites are fine, it just as if it's an IP ban on some of 3's.If it was at 3's end, it would be a different page, but I can see the usual one with nomdeplume, saying I'm not allowed to visit this community. Be changing batteries in a bit so see what a reboot does to the IP.

How come there are so many pinned topics? I definitely think you guys go a little overboard with that. 11 sticky threads in one forum is unusual.

Well, re the IP shtik, I think you must have banned one of 3's main IP's, as every second boot of my phone ended up with me having to use a proxy.

Got around it by changing my APN so sorted.

Any other cunt affected by this, just ask and I'll walk you through it.

Anyone know how to embed tweets within posts? I'm sure I've seen it somewhere on-site.