Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Former Georgian premier - and KGB big man - Eduard Shevardnadze

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-28190328

He's a pretty big name.I'm surprised he was never on the list

Mebbe the difficulty of the spelling, eh? Not like Zsa Zsa!

For me, he fits into the "people I didn't realise were still alive" category.

Guest Guest

Former Georgian premier - and KGB big man - Eduard Shevardnadze

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-28190328

He's a pretty big name.I'm surprised he was never on the list

Mebbe the difficulty of the spelling, eh? Not like Zsa Zsa!

For me, he fits into the "people I didn't realise were still alive" category.

It was pretty much a double act between him and Gorbachev as far as ending the cold war is concerned

Ah yes what a double act from the Soviet States....there they are hand in hand.....turn to a packed house in the Kremlin....and cue music...."Bring me sunshine in you smile, bring me laughter all the while".....bollocks wrong double act!.....Mind you they were about as funny as Mike and Bernie Winters.

Reckon any MPs could be found hanging from there ceilings or drowned in their bathtubs following recent events? i'm thinking more guys who know what actually hapenned to the files than guys who the files were about but...

Guest Guest

He should sack Owen Patterson he is a waste of skin.

It's a safe bet he'll be gone. There are unconfirmed reports that Nick Clegg might be replaced by someone with a bit more backbone.. Orville the Duck

He should sack Owen Patterson he is a waste of skin.

Seem to be on the zeitgeist with this apparently you can get t-shirts with "Sack Owen Patterson" on them.

For those who play the long game it is useful to note that Baroness Butler-Sloss who has been appointed to run the enquiry into the handling of child-abuse allegations is close to her 81st birthday. Whilst currently in robust health she is worth pencilling into any wide ranging databases of people you might want to think about in five years time.

If Orville the Duck was to replace the idiot Clegg, would that mean that someone with the surname Harris was in the government

Guest Guest

For those who play the long game it is useful to note that Baroness Butler-Sloss who has been appointed to run the enquiry into the handling of child-abuse allegations is close to her 81st birthday. Whilst currently in robust health she is worth pencilling into any wide ranging databases of people you might want to think about in five years time.

She'll live to her 90s no worries. The number of female peers has gone from one to 8 just in the last 2 years

Guest Guest

that should say the no of female peers in their 90s has gone from 1 to 8 in the last 2 years

Guest Guest

Some more info on the cabinet reshuffle, for those who give a shit. It's far bigger than was thought it would be. Looks like Esther McVey could be new work and pensions secretary.She's a bit of a bitch so bad luck dole scroungers! Also looks like history is about to be made with the first ever female lib dem cabinet minister! Jo Swinson is taking over as energy secretary apparantely.Ed Daveys getting the boot because he's a man ,basically. Still Jo Swinsons a bit of a babe so at least thats one improvement. I'll keep you updated on any more news. Exciting stuff !

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-28261957

Are we having any guesses who the Labour peer is, who, according to reports, has been abusing people and if the case comes to court, it could be a bigger scandal than the fat bastard from Gracie Field's country!

Am I way out if I think of someone with a liking for all things Jewish?

It appears, to be, yes - and if he is in rapidly failing health, its of interest to the DDP.

Good point, but I am getting suspicious about just how frail some of these people appear to be.

The way we run our pub's RIP list, and considering we are only in July, he could be a possibility if anyone on our list goes before the month end, and we have to replace that person for August.

Guest Guest

Shock news! Kenneth Clarke has left the government! http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-28291281

Also the welsh secretary David Jones has been sacked. Doubtless more news will leak out in the hours ahead now the actually reshuffle has finally started

Guest Guest

reshuffle update : good news for badgers .word is that the environment secretary Owen Paterson has been sacked

I'm guessing for another 4 women in the Cabinet by this time tomorrow, namely McVey, Truss, Patel and Swinson.

While we are talking politicians, isn't Keith Vaz one of the biggest slimeballs ever seen in politics? Is this the same Keith Vaz who was at some airport welcoming into the country some newly qualified immigrants sometime ago. The guy gives me the creeps.

Guest Guest

rumours are that the foreign secretary William Hague has been axed.

Guest Guest

just been announced that William Hague has gone as foreign secretary

I fear every advancing Tory will be very right wing and every one being downgraded will be of a centreist persuasion.

Another night of long knives? To bring forward the most right wing government since Thatcher.

The best thing that could happen now would be for the Liberals to quit their Government jobs and force a vote of no confidence in the new Cameron Cabinet. Form a Lib-Lab pact and bring the whole right wing down and we can have a new election ASAP.

• Like 1